PDA

View Full Version : Should SCMC go back to TWS?

cobrabitn
09-28-2006, 10:08 PM
If we could get a Spring event date, say April, who would be interested in paying to attend and do we have any interest in going back to TWS?

This will not take the place of our Fall MSR date, it will add another on track event in TX at TWS in the Spring if we can get a Spring date. Your thoughts???

97CasperCobra
09-28-2006, 11:38 PM
I would and I know others who will b/c of the great price and structure of how we run our events. If it's in the budget, let's do it, but that's a big "if".

I'd rather see a Spring car show than another track event to be honest.

Firme
09-29-2006, 01:09 AM
I believe at this time, that there is high chance that we would still lose money on a TWS event.

SuperG
09-29-2006, 07:03 AM
I believe at this time, that there is high chance that we would still lose money on a TWS event.I suggest we call Jack Turner and tell him we would like to bring a bunch of cars on a Motorsports Club day, he will reduce our price. I did this last February with our SHO club. He offered us a lower price ($225 vs. $275), free paddocks for the first 10 sign-ups, 2 TWS Show-n-Shine Plaques, and we got to line up our cars on the starting line for group pictures.

Since SCMC is quite a bit bigger than Lone Star SHO Club, there might be some restrictions, perhaps on the numbers of drivers, or the discount...

Cost to the club = $0 since we don't have to provide a deposit. Perhaps SCMC will fly a few folks in, that's about the only cost to the club I can think of.

TWS takes care of organization, safety, and workers. It's up to drivers to promise TWS that their car meets the requirements of the track (no leaks, brakes work, verts have a roll bar, etc), so we don't even have to have a tech inspection station.

They always run 5-25 minute sessions each day, resulting in more track time than any other track.

It doesn't get any easier than this...

Firme
09-29-2006, 07:12 AM
That would be more in lines of SCMC attending a TWS run event as opposed to an SCMC Driving Series run event. There is nothing wrong with that, and we can certainly get something like that setup if enough people are interested.

I like driving the Track at TWS alot. I want to go back, and would like to see the club go back, but there needs to be alot of groundwork laid before the commitment is made to run an event there. Basically, I guess what I am saying is I wouldn't want to rush into it before we have reason to believe its worthwhile at this time. I wouldn't want to see a track venture in Texas that loses the club money again.

I guess this thread is a good way to get member feedback of how many people would support the effort and see what we are up against. :thumbsup: There would definitely need to be a spring car show setup as well.

Andy M
09-29-2006, 08:56 AM
I believe at this time, that there is high chance that we would still lose money on a TWS event.Agreed!

My vote is to attend as a group with some other club event.

03 cobra toy
09-29-2006, 09:23 AM
With all of the new tracks opening, I think we will see the track rent going down. At this point I would wait and see what happens in 2007. What do you guys think about MSRC in Dallas? New longer track ;)

http://www.motorsportranch.com/3.1-road-course.cfm

Levi
09-29-2006, 09:40 AM
With all of the new tracks opening, I think we will see the track rent going down. At this point I would wait and see what happens in 2007. What do you guys think about MSRC in Dallas? New longer track ;)

http://www.motorsportranch.com/3.1-road-course.cfm

You said it :D .

I would love to go back to MSRC. :thumbsup:

spitfire
09-29-2006, 11:44 AM
I don't know about the track, but the car show sounds good to me! :)

Mephisto
09-29-2006, 01:48 PM
YES and YES

jimmysidecarr
09-29-2006, 02:42 PM
YES and YES

Ditto!!! I'm with Henry!

TWS ------------------>YES!!!
MSR Cresson----------> Yes!!!

[thread derail ON]
Watkins Glen---------->YES!!!.......... J/k :jk: (Sometime before I die I would love to go back again and run there)

I'd love to do Road HOT-lanta too!!
[/thread derail OFF] :D

97CasperCobra
09-29-2006, 11:38 PM
I'd love to do Road HOT-lanta too!!

I lost my virginity on that track and THAT is an awesome track...I'd love to go back with more experience and the car more "Stan-dardized". :D

Twice Bitten
09-30-2006, 01:06 AM
Any track will do, as long as I can participate :D

97CasperCobra
09-30-2006, 01:34 AM
Any track will do, as long as I can participate :D

Quit making more work for me by dirtying up those cars.....you can't afford me as it is...:D

Go to bed already!!! Past your bedtime since you have to wake up at 5:30am to go "play" at TWS. :p

Levi
10-02-2006, 10:33 AM
The word is that it maybe the last year for TWS. The story I heard is that it has been sold and will be redeveloped for residential use. :dunno:

SuperG
10-02-2006, 12:30 PM
The word is that it maybe the last year for TWS. The story I heard is that it has been sold and will be redeveloped for residential use. :dunno:That would totally suck!!!

Levi
10-02-2006, 12:43 PM
That would totally suck!!!

Yes it does.

We need to get confirmation of this rumor.

97CasperCobra
10-02-2006, 12:47 PM
That would totally suck!!!

yea it would, but with College Station growing I'm sure that piece of land is worth a pretty penny.

SuperG
10-02-2006, 01:47 PM
I wonder what it sold for. But I gotta think this rumor is closer to false. Do you have any idea the cost for the land and then for the track demolition? The last time TWS was sold, it was $7 million, which was less than half the cost of developing the track.