PDA

View Full Version : toasted clutch

shotgun dave
09-29-2006, 11:47 AM
Hello everybody! I am a new member and was wondering if any one could tell me what the best clutch for my 03 cobra would be. I have herd lots of good about center force and also some bad. the car is going to stay basiclly stock with some bolt ons. But it gets packed everytime it fires up. thanks for the help.

blk04cobra1
09-29-2006, 04:28 PM
Hello everybody! I am a new member and was wondering if any one could tell me what the best clutch for my 03 cobra would be. I have herd lots of good about center force and also some bad. the car is going to stay basiclly stock with some bolt ons. But it gets packed everytime it fires up. thanks for the help.
IMO, if it's going to stay basically stock, just buy another stock one...if you dont want to do that, then go with the Dual Friction by Centerforce :thumbsup:

ausie
10-09-2006, 07:54 AM
I had my stock clutch, pressure plate, and flywheel replaced at 18k miles at the ford dealer. I guess I had too many trips down the quater mile but I believe the issue was related to something else since everything was toasted (could be my driving habits). The stock parts that went back into the car are not worth the money spent. Even after a conservative break in period I am not happy with it since evey now and then I can smell it buring. You would be better off with an aftermarket clutch and pressure plate even if your car will remain stock. Ford more than likely would use a rebuilt pressure plate and clutch disk since that is what I got stuck with which was not covered under warranty.

spitfire
10-10-2006, 10:58 PM
I had my stock clutch, pressure plate, and flywheel replaced at 18k miles at the ford dealer. I guess I had too many trips down the quater mile but I believe the issue was related to something else since everything was toasted (could be my driving habits). The stock parts that went back into the car are not worth the money spent. Even after a conservative break in period I am not happy with it since evey now and then I can smell it buring. You would be better off with an aftermarket clutch and pressure plate even if your car will remain stock. Ford more than likely would use a rebuilt pressure plate and clutch disk since that is what I got stuck with which was not covered under warranty.I would agree with Ausie, I recently had my clutch changed. I only have 12,000 miles on it. It was slipping terribly. I have line lock so I have not burned up the clutch doing burn outs. I believe the stock clutchs are not suited for the power. I now have a Spec three clutch, adn still in the break inn period, of course that was 6 months ago! I als had to change my Flywheel, it was toast! Good luck on your decision. :thumbsup: