PDA

View Full Version : whats the deal with dry shots?

Dave B.
10-01-2006, 01:52 AM
I would like to get a little bit of a boost and would be happy with just another 30 H.P.
I just do not want to have to go changing a whole bunch more stuff, I was however told that once I went over the 500 RWHP like I have, that I can do nothing without Focus pumps, ect, ect,

I understand all that but was thinking just a bit of a dry shot would be ok
but I can find NO kits for these cars,,,

blk04cobra1
10-01-2006, 11:03 AM
Dave, it really just depends on the car. Some can and some cant go over w/out having fuel issues. We have a customer who put down a little over 600rwhp on stock pumps and injectors, so it can be done. I would recommend a 50 dry shot and here are a few options, but IMO a wet shot is better:

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/Pages/FordSHO.htm ---wet shot

http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=119 ---dry kit

InfamousSVT
10-01-2006, 09:08 PM
I bunch of people are running the Dynotune kits with great sucess on these cars :thumbsup:

You can't beat price ;)

mkkrs1
10-01-2006, 09:33 PM
600+ on totally stock fuel system :thumbsup:

NX Wet :thumbsup:

Big T
10-02-2006, 07:47 PM
would the car need a retune with a 25-50 shot? Do these kits kick in at WOT or would you need some sort of a switch?

spitfire
10-05-2006, 11:44 PM
I don't have this system, but I do have the Intercooler spray bar. I installed a WOT switch. One tip on installing the WOT switch, I didn't want to install it under the hood, because it would have looked ugly there. I installed mine on the gas pedal arm under the dash. Much easier to install there. Hope this helps. I was thinking about getting one of these to help me get over the 500 mark. I currently have 485 at the wheels. Would like to get 500 at the wheels.

Dave B.
10-05-2006, 11:51 PM
please tell us what did the nitrous spray bar do for the power??
how fast do you get a reaction from it??
what were the gains that you could prove for the spray bar alone??

spitfire
10-06-2006, 12:00 AM
I would like to get a little bit of a boost and would be happy with just another 30 H.P.
I just do not want to have to go changing a whole bunch more stuff, I was however told that once I went over the 500 RWHP like I have, that I can do nothing without Focus pumps, ect, ect,

I understand all that but was thinking just a bit of a dry shot would be ok
but I can find NO kits for these cars,,,Your PM is full
I remimber when you were posting up about the carbon fiber drive shaft. You were my influence for me to buy mine.. It works great, and it really did take all the vibration out. If you install the dry Nitrous let us know how it goes, I am thinking about trying to get over the 500 mark. Take it easy

Chuck "Spitfire"

spitfire
10-10-2006, 10:46 PM
please tell us what did the nitrous spray bar do for the power??
how fast do you get a reaction from it??
what were the gains that you could prove for the spray bar alone??Don't know yet! I was thinking about getting another dyno. but the only thing is I have also installed the Spec 3 clutch and the Carbon fiber drive shaft since then. So it may be a little bit more than if I had tested it with just the spray bar, sorry!