PDA

View Full Version : Jack Roush Jr in First Grand-Am Cup Start

Levi
10-05-2006, 12:02 PM
http://www.planetmustang.com/pmimages/Roush_GrandAm_Cup_400_100206.jpg

The son of the famous Ford Mustang racer/entrepreneur, Jack Roush, is set to capitalize on his motorsports career with his first start in the Grand-Am Cup series on October 7 at 2p.m. (Central time). The versatile 33 year old Jack Roush, Junior has made his way from racing go-karts, through drag racing, and now seeks to conquer the twisties at the track in the Grand American Road Racing Association. Roush, Junior will be one of three co-drivers in the six-hour season finale at Virginia International Raceway, piloting the number 59 Rehagen Racing Ford Mustang along with Dean Martin and Ray Mason. Sponsorship, of course, is provided by ROUSH Performance as well as Brandon Ford, Columbus Truck & Equipment and Racer Bargains and he will race in the Grand Sport (GS) class--the premier division in the Grand-Am Cup. "I am really nervous and really excited at the same time about this race" said Roush, Junior. "I don't quite know what to expect but I do know that this (road racing) is something that I have really wanted to do for a while now so this is sort of the fulfillment of a dream." With over 75 cars already registered for the race, including 42 in the GS class alone, Roush Jr. is certainly going to have his work cut out for him.

Hazman
10-05-2006, 03:16 PM
He was at Gingerman during the SCMC Cobra Nationals trying out the car with Rehagen Racing and drove it during the AV8SS race. Some of us got to run on track with him during some of the sessions!:eek: :thumbsup: :bounce: