PDA

View Full Version : Which is better?

bluebyu
10-09-2006, 10:32 AM
Im trying to decide on a Supercharger everyone. Im leaning more to the ATI Procharger because they use there own oil instead of making a hole in your oil pan like the others. Opinions anyone?

Big Daddy
10-09-2006, 11:41 AM
Vortech, that way when you change the oil in the car you've changed the oil in the supercharger! Not something else to remember to check and change. Plus this little T-trim I run sure does a nice job! :thumbsup:

dewone
10-10-2006, 09:33 AM
Voted Paxton. I have one in my 85 Z-28 Nice fit & easy install with clear instructions. Mine you do have to change the fluids every 1000 miles. It isn't difficult 7 oz's of class F trans fluid. They send you a turkey baster with a long aluminum tube to slide into the S/C and suck out the used fluid. It's marked on the side for ounces so refill is a snap. Now that I've said all that though I'm not sure if the Novi systems are still that set up, so look into paxton.com their instructions are on their web links. Reading the instructions first is paramount. Mine had a altenator change, (physically smaller same output, but the order numbers where in the instructions) and reccommends sub frame connectors. added before the S/C. What a differance.

drudis
10-10-2006, 11:53 AM
Vortech.
When shopping I wanted reliability. Vortech was the ONLY supercharger I saw on roadracers. Asked them abotu any issues, and there were none.
That was easy.

Put on an S-trim on my 1989 Mustang, and ran various increments of motor parts to 330hp, 440hp, and 500hp. Been opentracking for YEARS, and now have 20K miles (50% street / 50% track) on it, with no issues.

p.s. The oilpan hole issue is so over exaggerated. There is nothing to it.