PDA

View Full Version : Break cooling ducts for 94-98 Cobra

Larry95
10-09-2006, 11:17 AM
Im in the process of installing break cooling ducts on my 95 Cobra in preparation for my first open tack event. Not that Im going to be able to go fast enough for them to be useful, but they look cool. The instructions in the kit call for me to remove the lights in the bumper and put the air inlet ducts in those holes. Id prefer not to loose my lights. Has anyone successfully located the air inlet ducts in the lower grill opening and if so how did you attach them there? Or has anyone followed the instruction for the ducts and relocated their lights to another location? If so, where and how did you attach them?

SuperG
10-09-2006, 11:43 AM
For track events, I usually remove the fog lamps anyway to improve air flow to the brakes, so I assume it's behind the fog lamps this break cooling hose fits?

Levi
10-09-2006, 01:29 PM
Im in the process of installing break cooling ducts on my 95 Cobra in preparation for my first open tack event. Not that Im going to be able to go fast enough for them to be useful, but they look cool. The instructions in the kit call for me to remove the lights in the bumper and put the air inlet ducts in those holes. Id prefer not to loose my lights. Has anyone successfully located the air inlet ducts in the lower grill opening and if so how did you attach them there? Or has anyone followed the instruction for the ducts and relocated their lights to another location? If so, where and how did you attach them?

You could always install the cooling ducts and temporarily remove the fog lights with the brackets. Two screws and the lights are reinstalled. I was going to do it that way untill I removed my center console with the switch that turns them on and off.

SuperG
10-09-2006, 02:17 PM
Any photos or schematics showing this modification, BTW?

Larry95
10-09-2006, 02:47 PM
Any photos or schematics showing this modification, BTW?There are pictures and blow by blow instructions on how and where to attach the tie wraps and ducts to the drag link and inner fender well. The directions for the bumper were a little more vague. In fact now that I think about it, they were more in line for the later model cobra's since I believe it actually said to "route the ducts to the open hole beside the fog lights". Which would be for the models after the '98s.

Do you need me to scan these instruction sheets in or were you just curious?