PDA

View Full Version : bad news from the shop

AirForce1
10-16-2006, 10:35 AM
I just got of the phone with Chris at Slaters and he said the problem was the pistons have been scored.:( Chris said that it was because of detonation. I told him that i didnít hear any detonation and he said that there is some that you canít hear. Although the bearings were still brand new so it was a mild detonation that was occurring. Still the piston rings were scored in to the pistons which was letting the oil get through. The block is going to the machine shop to see if the cylinders are egg shaped again.:( If they are it has to be bored over again and them I would need bigger pistons.:( If im lucky (and luck has not been on my side latly) the block is ok all I need to do is get the same JE pistons that I had before. Ill just half to wait and see. I will be car less at Joe Myers. :bawling:

93KingCobra
10-16-2006, 10:42 AM
Sorry to hear that...hope it all work itself out..

03 cobra toy
10-16-2006, 10:44 AM
I just got of the phone with Chris at Slaters and he said the problem was the pistons have been scored.:( Chris said that it was because of detonation. I told him that i didnít hear any detonation and he said that there is some that you canít hear. Although the bearings were still brand new so it was a mild detonation that was occurring. Still the piston rings were scored in to the pistons which was letting the oil get through. The block is going to the machine shop to see if the cylinders are egg shaped again.:( If they are it has to be bored over again and them I would need bigger pistons.:( If im lucky (and luck has not been on my side latly) the block is ok all I need to do is get the same JE pistons that I had before. Ill just half to wait and see. I will be car less at Joe Myers. :bawling:

Who tuned the car after Slater's? was it Sticky Performance ?

ORANGE CRUSH
10-16-2006, 05:49 PM
Who tuned the car after Slater's? was it Sticky Performance ?

We all told you that was going to happen............:doh2:

Maybe you should have listen to us.

Blownsvtlightning
10-21-2006, 03:04 PM

make note of the wall thickness too. There is only so much you should take off. I know a lot of older cast iron blocks .060 was pushing it.