PDA

View Full Version : New Clutch info please

Schleprock
10-18-2006, 10:03 PM
I need a new clutch. 45k miles and it's fading fast. What is a good replacement? I want something heavy duty, dependable and user friendly. Don't need a racing clutch. Please advise.

blk04cobra1
10-18-2006, 11:31 PM
RAM Powergrip HD :thumbsup:

InfamousSVT
10-20-2006, 04:37 PM
What Torrey said or the Centerforce Dual Friction........this is different then their DFX :thumbsup:

Good luck with it, upgrade the flywheel while you're at it to an aluminum one :D

Y2KCOBRA88
10-26-2006, 08:47 PM
What Torrey said or the Centerforce Dual Friction........this is different then their DFX :thumbsup:

Good luck with it, upgrade the flywheel while you're at it to an aluminum one :D
ive heard nothing but good things about the ram 98951hd about $380

and definitely get a new flywheel too

i was going to get one until i now have 605 rwhp now i need stage 3+
may be looking at the spec or dfx 6 puck....

fyi 4 puck clutches are crappy for street cars... stay away unless you are racing

ausie
10-27-2006, 07:55 AM

Does the 2003 Cobra not have an aluminum flywheel? I do know that the 04 does since I could have kept mine as a novely when Ford replaced it. The steel insert could not be turned since it had too many hotspots on it and was worn too much as the techincian stated. Also they said Ford does not recommend resurfacing the stock flywheel. Since the insert is rivited to the flywheel, best to replace the flywheel after you tack on the miles so that the rivits do not become the weak link.

smashedheadcat
10-27-2006, 10:42 AM
I say put a stocker back in. If it lasted 45K miles then it's a no-brainer if it were me.