PDA

View Full Version : SCMC @ AutoRamo 2006

Firme
10-23-2006, 07:29 AM
Well, AutoRama is around the corner. The club will be doing another 6 spots this year. :thumbsup: I know Chuck is all ready go. That leaves 5 spots. We were wanting to see who else wanted to volunteer to put their cars in this year. It does not matter if you have done it before, or not, anyone can volunteer. We do ask, since that it is a representation of the club, that the people volunteering be member of the club though.

The event dates are Nov. 23-26.

More information can be found on the AutoRama website < here (http://www.autorama.com/casi/houston.htm) >

Feel free to PM any questions you have.

Any Takers :D :cool:

ORANGE CRUSH
10-23-2006, 09:01 AM
I would love to do it but I have way to much going on right now.

1. new baby
2. building new house
3. moving somewhere before house is finished?
4. ect. ect.

spitfire
10-23-2006, 11:30 AM
I suggest entering your car, its great fun for the family, and you get to buy cheap tickets for entry! And its lots of fun! :thumbsup: My car is at car toys now getting some new fun stuff added. Hopefully she will be ready to bring out tuesday night.

93KingCobra
10-23-2006, 06:27 PM
I'm a maybe for the show.... :D

Angel
11-06-2006, 08:19 AM
I'm a maybe for the show.... :D
Angel wants in :bounce: .

My Membership renewal form is on the way to Carl. Any suggestions who to contact ragarding times, planning etc.?

97CasperCobra
11-06-2006, 11:02 AM
All I remember is:

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/150/img_1026rope.jpg

I'll be able to sit with the cars one of the days, keep them shiney and the lil kids from touching them....all I ask is if someone can donate their free pass that would be great. :thumbsup:

Carl G
11-06-2006, 07:21 PM
Angel wants in :bounce: .

My Membership renewal form is on the way to Carl. Any suggestions who to contact ragarding times, planning etc.?
Great :thumbsup: Let me get through the track event this weekend and I will send you a PM on Monday, if not sooner.

97CasperCobra
11-06-2006, 09:01 PM
if anyone needs any....cleaning....especially after the track event....let me know.... :thumbsup:

Angel
11-15-2006, 01:32 PM
Great :thumbsup: Let me get through the track event this weekend and I will send you a PM on Monday, if not sooner.
Angel wants to go :baby: - i spoke with Edmond a cpl. days ago and let him know too. Contacted the organizers of the Houston Event today in Huntsville and they say they are overbooked :( .

Does that mean Angel can't go now?:baby:

If you lost my cell number - pm me for it or ask Edmond.

Twice Bitten
11-15-2006, 08:52 PM
Looks like the R will not be available this year, because I'm too cheap for my detailing man :( Plus we will be deer hunting, time to restock the freezer with deer sausage and back strap :D :thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
11-15-2006, 09:07 PM
Looks like the R will not be available this year, because I'm too cheap for my detailing man :( Plus we will be deer hunting, time to restock the freezer with deer sausage and back strap :D :thumbsup:

:bs: :rolleyes: .........plus I drove it to and from the AutoRama last year remember.... :p

Twice Bitten
11-15-2006, 09:34 PM
Reread the first sentence :eek:

97CasperCobra
11-15-2006, 09:48 PM
Reread the first sentence :eek:

what am I not seeing here..... :scratch:

Twice Bitten
11-15-2006, 10:35 PM
what am I not seeing here..... :scratch:

I post has been hijacked by the post Nazi :mad:

John Chingasos
11-16-2006, 04:10 PM
Anybody out there wants to do this????????

Its alot fun

jimmy?
Henry?
Stan?

97CasperCobra
11-16-2006, 04:14 PM

if I could afford the spot I would....I'm a broke mofo.

gtdrivr
11-16-2006, 08:19 PM
if I could afford the spot I would....I'm a broke mofo.

Ditto. I would love to do it, but short on time and $$.

Levi
11-16-2006, 09:06 PM

Its alot fun

jimmy?
Henry?
Stan?

With the mod to the track car, this last track event and now I just got a new lap top, well I too am broke. Thanks for asking though. :cool:

jimmysidecarr
11-16-2006, 11:10 PM

Its alot fun

jimmy?
Henry?
Stan?

Nope... sorry... Not my cup of tea.

Way too much work... for very little kick..... for me at least...
Plus a bunch of @%$& to pick my car apart who I don't even know. :doubt:

And ZERO ADRENALIN!!!

Add to that... indoors and no smoking???(read NO CIGAR!!!)

I'm all for supporting the club and all but... car shows just don't do it for me.

I like looking at other people's car stuff... but I HATE ALL THE CLEANING and standing around...

Besides my car looks best in a freaking SLIDE! or BLASTING down the pit straight... late braking(hopefully not too late) for turn one!!!

Someone with a less pock marked car will step up...

My car is a mess... but I still love it!!! It makes me smile sometimes to the point where I feel like there must be something wrong with me... lol :rolleyes:

Carl G
11-18-2006, 05:25 PM
Ok here is the line up for this years show.

Linda 2007 Ford GT 500

John 93 Ford Cobra

Chuck 2003 Cobra

Larry 2000 Cobra R

I wish we could have had more interest from the members who like doing car shows but no one responded, so this is what we have to go with. I would enter mine but the Kenny Bell is broke for now. Hope to see everyone at the show. I plan to spend a lot of time there since Deb will be at Disneyworld with the grand kids over the holidays.

Firme
11-18-2006, 10:27 PM
Thank you Carl for getting it together for the club and thanks to the people entering this year.

97CasperCobra
11-18-2006, 11:17 PM
Thank you Carl for getting it together for the club and thanks to the people entering this year.

+1....hopefully everyone will walk away with an award, we'll gain a few new members and everything will run smoothly. Thanks for taking your time to do this and stepping up. :thumbsup:

Angel
11-20-2006, 01:47 PM
+1....hopefully everyone will walk away with an award, we'll gain a few new members and everything will run smoothly. Thanks for taking your time to do this and stepping up. :thumbsup:
Yes - Thanks a bunch Carl :thumbsup:

If we can make this a success, it may entice more to get in on the event next time around.

I know there are so many beautiful cars here & many who like to show them.:bounce:

97CasperCobra
11-20-2006, 01:51 PM
I know there are so many beautiful cars here & many who like to show them.:bounce:

most would rather "GO" than "SHOW". I'd do it but with the peeling paint and dents on the Cobra, it's not something to be shown at AutoRama. :(

Angel
11-20-2006, 02:02 PM
most would rather "GO" than "SHOW". I'd do it but with the peeling paint and dents on the Cobra, it's not something to be shown at AutoRama. :(
Well, we can maybe look forward to seeing the Casper next time.:)

Great idea, just because One does not "show" does not mean One cannot "Go" and show support.:thumbsup:

This thought has went thru my mind-
I've got a Roush that is a multiple show winner DD, but i need something to drive thru the weekend and i would have entered her & asked for some help in doing so on the display floor. That would have gotten us up to 5 cars to display.

Perhaps next year, i shall plan ahead with getting a rental and show both;- in the event we need more cars.

Stanley
11-27-2006, 08:27 AM
I just wanted to say thanks to the guys that put their rides in the show. They all looked sweet.

ORANGE CRUSH
11-27-2006, 08:30 AM
I promise guys, I will do it next year.:thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
11-27-2006, 11:57 AM
So how did everyone do??

spitfire
11-27-2006, 01:32 PM
I got outstanding in class. I will post up the pictures as soon as I get them organized. Chuck

Carl G
11-27-2006, 02:24 PM
Ok for the results

3 second place finishes Chuck, Linda, Larry

1 third place John

We did not win any Best in Class this year, better luck next year.

97CasperCobra
11-27-2006, 02:26 PM
Great to hear!!!! Congrats guys.....:thumbsup:

Thanks again for the time and effort you put into this so that our club may be represented.

Topless In Tex
11-27-2006, 02:28 PM
Hey Ya'll! :thumbsup:
It was really great to see you guys again!!! Edmond, did not recognize you at first with the facial hair!!! :cool: Its always nice to see Darrell and Sherri... Hope we can get together sometime real soon...

Chuck, your car looked great! Congrats! I wonder how much Topless I ended up going for in the auction... Needless to say, I was shocked, and teary eye'd when I seen that. :( All those years and work down the tubes....

:banana:TNT:banana:

97CasperCobra
11-27-2006, 02:41 PM
I wonder how much Topless I ended up going for in the auction...

what?? they had Topless I at the auction?? wow....sorry to hear you had to see that. Who did you selll it to and was it all modded out at the auction??

Topless In Tex
11-27-2006, 03:05 PM
Ya, I couldn't believe it. We heard it was there. I traded it in when i got the ROUSH at Joe Myers. I heard someone bought it, I dont know who? It was RAGGED out. Interior looked like hell, it was filthy and so was the engine. Even the chrome looked bad. They put Chrome Cobra R's on it and an ugly skull sticker with flames on the windshield. The paint on the back bumper was bad too. Paul said it looked like it had been towed... It was like having a child and it being up for adoption. :( I cried. You would never ever know everything I had put into that car. If it weren't for all the mags and articles I saved, it would just be another ragged out, worn out Mustang. I wonder who bought it this time? I heard it sold....

Angel
11-27-2006, 03:27 PM
I promise guys, I will do it next year.:thumbsup:
We'll hold Ya to that.:D :bounce:

Angel
11-27-2006, 03:30 PM
Ok for the results

3 second place finishes Chuck, Linda, Larry

1 third place John

First time at AutoRama with a Outstanding in Class is not bad IMHO. :bounce:

Angel will win first next year.:thumbsup:

Judges tell me she shows very well and there were no negatives on her. They tell me the Competing Shelby won in the class against Angel since he had more mods, not enough to put him into a Modded Class, but yet they had to be counted for the win.

Learned a lot and met many great people.

Congrats to all the Winners.:headbang:

Angel
11-27-2006, 03:33 PM
Hey Ya'll! :thumbsup:
It was really great to see you guys again!!! Edmond, did not recognize you at first with the facial hair!!! :cool: Its always nice to see Darrell and Sherri... Hope we can get together sometime real soon...

Chuck, your car looked great! Congrats! I wonder how much Topless I ended up going for in the auction... Needless to say, I was shocked, and teary eye'd when I seen that. :( All those years and work down the tubes....

Chuck's Cobra was the Party Central in our end of the Building. :thumbsup: We had a great time with it and i sure need to ask the Rope Warden for a Whip next year to keep the Fans away from the SpitFire! :whipit:

cobrabitn
11-27-2006, 09:39 PM
Sounds like you had a great time and represented the club well. Now who can do a write up about it for the newsletter with some photos?? :doubt:

HRJ
11-28-2006, 12:21 AM
Nope... sorry... Not my cup of tea.

Way too much work... for very little kick..... for me at least...
Plus a bunch of @%$& to pick my car apart who I don't even know. :doubt:

And ZERO ADRENALIN!!!

I'm all for supporting the club and all but... car shows just don't do it for me.

I like looking at other people's car stuff... but I HATE ALL THE CLEANING and standing around...

Besides my car looks best in a freaking SLIDE! or BLASTING down the pit straight... late braking(hopefully not too late) for turn one!!!
This guy is speaking my language!! :thumbsup:

I was helping my fellow GTO club members at the display right next to ya'll during the show and had the pleasure of conversing with Angel and the gentleman looking after the Cobra R (my favorite). I jotted down the website on your banner with the thought of popping in and saying "hello!" Ya'll really had some first rate machinery there, for sure! Loved hearing the blower whine over the in-car video system in the RedFire Cobra every few minutes....lol. I smiled every time. :)

Hope to see ya'll around Houston at a meet somewhere.....and Angel, if I see a white/blue GT500 on the road, I'm switching on my camera and reving on ya. :D I'd love to hear that thing wind up.

Joe

97CasperCobra
11-28-2006, 12:50 AM

I was helping my fellow GTO club members at the display right next to ya'll during the show and had the pleasure of conversing with Angel and the gentleman looking after the Cobra R (my favorite). I jotted down the website on your banner with the thought of popping in and saying "hello!" Ya'll really had some first rate machinery there, for sure!
Joe

thanks for coming to our site Joe...I sure do love those GTOs. :thumbsup:

Actually some of us were talking of having a Drag Day at one of the tracks sometime soon, would be nice to get some of those GTOs out there. Don't be a stranger on the boards man.

HRJ
11-28-2006, 10:37 AM
thanks for coming to our site Joe...I sure do love those GTOs. :thumbsup:Thanks for the welcome. :)

Actually some of us were talking of having a Drag Day at one of the tracks sometime soon, would be nice to get some of those GTOs out there. Actually, that would probably make a neat event. Previously, after meeting a few SRT-4 guys at various meets around Houston, I set up a couple of SRT-4 vs GTO track days @ HRP (don't laugh, they had a couple of 11.1X SRT-4s there..lol).

Here's a couple of pics I took at the event:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b153/HRJ/SRT2.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b153/HRJ/SRT4.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b153/HRJ/SRT3.jpg

What sucked, though, is the "Neon" crew has an average age of around 18 years old :baby: and they pretty much kept to themselves, so it wasn't what I'd call a success. It felt more like the GTO club and the SRT-4 club just happened to show up on the same day....if that makes sense. I'm betting that the SVT crew is quite a bit different and we would have a pretty good time. :cool: And, alot of the GTO guys look for any excuse to go to the track, so this would be right up their alley.

Let me know when ya'll are planning to go, and I'll round up some cars. :burnout:

Don't be a stranger on the boards man.Will do. I appreciate the hospitality. My "home turf" is LS1GTO.com, so if any of ya'll happen to pop over there, make sure and say "hi!"

97CasperCobra
11-28-2006, 11:15 AM
Let me know when ya'll are planning to go, and I'll round up some cars. :burnout:

I appreciate the hospitality. My "home turf" is LS1GTO.com, so if any of ya'll happen to pop over there, make sure and say "hi!"

When we do get something organized Joe, it will be posted on here. :thumbsup: And those SRT4s can sure make a lot of power with an upgraded turbo and mods....but it's still a Neon... ;)

kencobra
11-28-2006, 08:05 PM
When we do get something organized Joe, it will be posted on here. :thumbsup: And those SRT4s can sure make a lot of power with an upgraded turbo and mods....but it's still a Neon... ;)
At least they are American made, well sort of ! :rolleyes:

kencobra
11-28-2006, 08:10 PM

Well if thats what we needed and I knew they were giving out awards then I would have entered.
Just kidding, I was out of town for part of the weekend and did not have the time. Maybe next year !
Congrats to all that won.

97CasperCobra
11-28-2006, 11:56 PM
Well if thats what we needed and I knew they were giving out awards then I would have entered. Maybe next year !

ok...so we've got Todd & Ken....let's see...Phil and Larry(with the '95)?? :D

93KingCobra
11-29-2006, 12:49 AM
ok...so we've got Todd & Ken....let's see...Phil and Larry(with the '95)?? :D

Ok we will see what I can do for next year...

Firme
11-29-2006, 12:58 AM
we are definitely putting more effort forth for next years club display / showing. :D

Angel
11-29-2006, 02:01 PM

I was helping my fellow GTO club members at the display right next to ya'll during the show and had the pleasure of conversing with Angel and the gentleman looking after the Cobra R (my favorite). I jotted down the website on your banner with the thought of popping in and saying "hello!" Ya'll really had some first rate machinery there, for sure! Loved hearing the blower whine over the in-car video system in the RedFire Cobra every few minutes....lol. I smiled every time. :)

Hope to see ya'll around Houston at a meet somewhere.....and Angel, if I see a white/blue GT500 on the road, I'm switching on my camera and reving on ya. :D I'd love to hear that thing wind up.

Joe
Welcome to the Site! :bounce:

Angel lives on the West Side in Katy - Off Mason - She likes to show up at the occaisional Street Meet on 'Timer and Shows. As for the blower whine - sounds like she is a taunting type of cry and then when you let out of it - she makes a growl as she winds down.

Once i got on her on the Hwy 8 from a 60 in 4th and let down to 3rd just enough to get the blower on - - i looked down and was going 110 ! There was plenty left in her at about 3400 rpm, but i have yet to really lay in as i need to work up to what she can really do.

Already working on some designs for the next year booth display and fencing - next met, i need to present the ideas, and some drawings of sorts to illustrate. Paroused the entire show once with the camera focusing on Displays Only and i sure seen a lot of neat stuff. :thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
11-29-2006, 02:18 PM
Already working on some designs for the next year booth display and fencing - next met, i need to present the ideas, and some drawings of sorts to illustrate. Paroused the entire show once with the camera focusing on Displays Only and i sure seen a lot of neat stuff. :thumbsup:

unfortunately....neat stuff = expensive stuff. I think with ALL our talents we can make something with minimal expense. :thumbsup:

nckissfan
11-29-2006, 08:34 PM
don't know if you all have seen this, I found it on svtperformance. Scroll down a little, and you will see the clubs participants:thumbsup: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=339755

looks like a good show

Angel
11-30-2006, 10:16 AM
unfortunately....neat stuff = expensive stuff. I think with ALL our talents we can make something with minimal expense. :thumbsup:
Sure we can. :thumbsup:

If we keep it simple and made of common materials, it can be done affordably. A booth set up like the one in the black car with the flame job on it from the link at SVT Performace, is a good one. Simple, does the job and non distracting to the car.

Only problem i seen as i was hanging out with the Owners of that car - is peeps were sitting on the black wood cubes. Put a snake statuette on the top of each cube with some lighting would take care of that. :D

My experiance in Offshore Technology conference Booth design and construction might come in handy and i would enjoy trying out some ideas. We had booths the size of houses and multi level with all the facilities.

Angel
11-30-2006, 10:18 AM
don't know if you all have seen this, I found it on svtperformance. Scroll down a little, and you will see the clubs participants:thumbsup: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=339755

looks like a good show
Thanks for the link :thumbsup: - i took a lot of the same pics and for some reason they all came out dark - flash was not working or something.

But the White Snake in there came out well.:D

nckissfan
11-30-2006, 03:26 PM
you don't have a software program that will lighten them up?

spitfire
11-30-2006, 11:36 PM

looks like a good showI guess I don't get it! It said they are SVT Performance? They took pictures of a 2005 GT and not a single picture of my 2003 SVT! I guess there club is like ours! Because I believe at every event my car is not in the picture. And I am sorry to say, I know for sure next year it won't be again!

97CasperCobra
11-30-2006, 11:45 PM
I guess I don't get it! It said they are SVT Performance? They took pictures of a 2005 GT and not a single picture of my 2003 SVT! I guess there club is like ours! Because I believe at every event my car is not in the picture. And I am sorry to say, I know for sure next year it won't be again!

you know if i was there I would have taken pictures Chuck!!! We still need to set up that photoshoot.... :thumbsup:

spitfire
11-30-2006, 11:47 PM
you know if i was there I would have taken pictures Chuck!!! We still need to set up that photoshoot.... :thumbsup:I wish you could of have made it! maybe then we could have a nice page with photos. I was going to post mine, but with the florecent lighting, It was hard to do with my digital camera!

97CasperCobra
12-01-2006, 12:38 AM
I wish you could of have made it! maybe then we could have a nice page with photos. I was going to post mine, but with the florecent lighting, It was hard to do with my digital camera!

yea....my new flash with a diffuser would have been great, but I'm one broke mofo looking for a job over the holidays.

Bartman01
12-01-2006, 03:39 PM
yea....my new flash with a diffuser would have been great, but I'm one broke mofo looking for a job over the holidays.

Get the fluorescent and incandescent gels for the flash. That way you can balance the flash color with the existing light.

Angel
12-06-2006, 09:44 AM
I wish you could of have made it! maybe then we could have a nice page with photos. I was going to post mine, but with the florecent lighting, It was hard to do with my digital camera!
i've had the same problem with my camera. Chuck, don't bail on us yet. Your car and the Cobra R are all over my camera and judging from the looks - and touches :D - lol - your car was a hit at the show :thumbsup: