PDA

View Full Version : upsizing injectors and MAF

bcstrong
10-24-2006, 12:07 PM
Have a '96 cobra with the below mods Want to upgrade my injectors to 30lbers and possibly upsize the maf housing as well. Now i have read many times that the maf sensor needs to calibrated to the injector size but i also read that the computer needs to be reflashed but the wording is sometimes confusing so i am wondering does the felashing of the computer with the new injector size take care of recalibrating the maf sensor or is that something that is stnd alone and must be done to the meter itself ? Also can anyone recommend a good online sct tuner?

Thanks for any help

smashedheadcat
10-27-2006, 06:46 PM
There are better options these days than going with calibrated mafs. The lightning MAF and sct mafs are nice pieces and are not "calibrated". You will need custom tuning to dial everything in however. It's really a simple process to do with a tune and can easily be done via mail-order. Depending on your power level, the 24's may not need upgraded. I'm not sure if Amazon does online tuning or not (i'm pretty sure they do) but I've personally had great results from James @ RWTD. www.rwtd.com Try out Amazon, Pro Dyno, MMPerformance or RWTD. They can all hook you up with what you need. It's not very difficult to tune the things required for making a MAF/injector swap. Just add a few value files in and make sure load is right..... and touch up the maf transfer function..... Nice and easy, could be tuned on a dyno 1 or 2 pulls.

tcrews
10-31-2006, 10:16 PM
You have nothing on your car that requires larger fuel injectors or a larger MAF. Since you'll have to upgrade your injectors again when you supercharge (based on your sig) I'd seriously wait until then.

At that time you'd want 42-55# injectors anyway.

Save your money.....30# injectors and a new MAF will do nothing for you.