PDA

View Full Version : Great Dane #3 (may) be coming today

CobraSusie
10-27-2006, 01:14 PM
I am so excited, I know the breeder that has the dog, and she is fully trained in obedience and agility, housebroken, etc. but is completely deaf, so I am taking her for a 2-3 week trial and if all goes well, we are going to keep her.

The breeder/owner is leaving the area, and is driving a good distance, and only able to keep (2 of his dogs) I guess, and he knows about how good I treat my Danes, experience with the breed and great Vet records, so he has chosen me, I hope it works out as she is such a Sweet little Girl, her name is Sunny :)

I will keep everyone posted, and (if) we do get her, I will post pictures up later on, she is almost completely white with a couple back spots and both eyes are blue instead of brown like the typical Dane.

We were on the way to the Carlos Mencia Concert (comedian) last night when I got the call, should have seen my husbands face :rotf: # dane :eek:
But then he said ok :thumbsup: So wish me luck, we will be going through a 2-3 week trial (so I am hoping she works out) he said we may need a crate for her for when we leave, I am going to see, I only like them in crates while they are puppies, but deaf danes are different, separation anxiety can make them tear things up :eek: :rolleyes:

Wish Me Luck :)

Here's The New baby http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/CobraSusie/The%20Dogs/SunnyDayoneafterherBath.jpg

tazzracing1
10-27-2006, 03:21 PM
Well I wish you luck and you are going to need a better place for all of your new found family members.

CobraSusie
10-28-2006, 11:37 AM
She is doing great, and was definately obedience trained! She is even better then my two (which is surprising) we are going to introduce the dogs at PetSmart today, thats how we had the big guy meet the other new female ;)

The house we have now is perfect for the dogs, the other 2 have the whole basement til they all get along, and then they have the run of the house,
he just didn't want 3 so soon, as we are planning on putting the house on the market in the spring/ summer 2007 :thumbsup:

But everything is going great, we did however have to do 3 (flea bathes)
do to alot of dirt in her fur and tons of fleas, then we dried her and did the first treatment of Frontline for flea protection, so she isn't itching anymore.

But she was all bitten up from the other Danes she lived with, and the fleas tore her skin up pretty bad, I have Dog Hydrocortisone spray and that has helped alot.

But personally, I couldn't ask for a better dog, so I hope he does not change his mind, because I want her :) I will post pics shortly...

schastleevo
11-30-2006, 05:37 PM
Congrats with Sunny. It sounds like she will have a nice place to live, & some playmates as well.:thumbsup: