PDA

View Full Version : 2007 SCMC Track Events

Hazman
11-01-2006, 09:20 PM
OK Trackheads:retard:
We have one last club event at Houston MSR Nov. 11-12.:D Then we go into that dreaded period of track withdrawal with only our in car videos and racing sim games to act as fake fixes. :( But here is hope that you can put on your calendar or just check the SVT Forum Calendar (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/calendar.php?)! :clapping: The club has scheduled the following track events for 2007:thumbsup:

CMP March 10-11
Spring Drag Day Mar. 24
VIR June 30 - July 1
Gingerman September 15-16
Fall Drag Day Nov 10 and then
THE SVT COBRA NATIONALS at Houston MSR November 10-11

:woot::burnout: :headbang: :banana: :fordflag:

BadMoFo
11-01-2006, 10:21 PM
OK Trackheads:retard:
We have one last club event at Houston MSR Nov. 11-12.:D Then we go into that dreaded period of track withdrawal with only our in car videos and racing sim games to act as fake fixes. :( But here is hope that you can put on your calendar or just check the SVT Forum Calendar (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/calendar.php?)! :clapping: The club has scheduled the following track events for 2007:thumbsup:

CMP March 10-11
VIR June 30 - July 1
Gingerman September 15-16
and then
THE COBRA NATIONALS at Houston MSR November 10-11

:woot::burnout: :headbang: :banana: :fordflag:

wheres all the strait line stuff? I dont know about this turing the wheel thing, well except at the end of the track to get my time slips. :thumbsup:

NJ2000R
11-01-2006, 11:16 PM
cool! :cool:

Gingerman is already a definate! :D

now I'm going to put VIR on the calendar! thats the same weekend that I was down there for the SAAC event this year, on the north course....

has anyone been on the south course? how is it?

johnbasf
11-02-2006, 05:41 AM
has anyone been on the south course? how is it?

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

SuperG
11-02-2006, 07:05 AM
1068 miles to:
http://www.carolinamotorsportspark.com/

1202 miles to:
http://www.virclub.com/vir/

1200 miles to:
http://www.gingermanraceway.com/

58 miles to:
http://www.msrhouston.com/msrhouston/homepage.asp

Well, I know which one I will definitely make!!!

cobrabitn
11-02-2006, 09:19 PM
So you coming to CMP in March?? :rotf:

Let's see...I'm going to CMP = 50 miles
VIR = 240 miles
Gingerman = 850 miles
and MSR 1200 miles.

If I can do it, so can everyone else. ;)

cobrabitn
11-05-2006, 09:47 PM
Spring Drag Day = February 24, 2007

BadMoFo
11-06-2006, 10:42 AM

:thumbsup: on the calendar!

RR03Cobra
11-06-2006, 03:17 PM
:thumbsup: on the calendar!
Tony, you know I will be there!! Hey, BADMOFO, do I hear a rematch??:thumbsup:

InfamousSVT
11-06-2006, 07:47 PM
I'll also be there, already got the rear-end apart and bringing it to Rick to have him fix it sometime this week.............I WILL make a few passes in Feb. :D :rotf:

pdogkilr
11-15-2006, 01:18 PM

+1 - definately gonna try to be there for this one Tony. IRS beefy parts on order and should be installed before Christmas.

cobrabitn
11-15-2006, 08:43 PM
I apologize for the confusion...the new date for the Spring Drag Day is

March 24, 2007

and the Fall date is

November 10, 2007

I had the date changed for a couple of reasons; we have had cold, wet, snowy, days in February and we always take a chance with that. By making it 4 weeks later we reduce that chance of snow and the weather is still usually cool. This will allow you an extra 4 weeks to get your snake ready. :thumbsup:

I've been working on the SCMC News to send out to the club this week (For three days now because I've just been beat with work). I'll let everyone know about the date change. Thanks!

BadMoFo
11-15-2006, 10:33 PM
Tony, you know I will be there!! Hey, BADMOFO, do I hear a rematch??:thumbsup:

sure thing. should have clutch replaced soon so maybe I might be able to shift (if my driver ever gets his act togther) and hopefully some more mods (read, if I win the lottery) :thumbsup:

Hazman
11-16-2006, 08:48 PM
Updated with new events!!!:thumbsup:

Jason
11-17-2006, 12:46 AM
Rick Rocks. :bounce: :thumbsup:

mojosvt
11-17-2006, 10:20 AM
Great to see the dates up early... Now we can get the buckeye group all pumped up, and not only make a few of the 411's, but hopefully have a good showing to a few of the road events!!!

CathDoc
11-23-2006, 11:10 AM
:clapping: The club has scheduled the following track events for 2007:thumbsup:
411 AX March 24
411 AX August 25
411 AX October 20

WoHoo! WoWO Hooo! (Imagine the Vonage song) :D

Cobraboy
12-04-2006, 06:02 PM
Anyone know the fee total for CMP. I was thinking it was just under $300 per car. I'm trying to talk the old man into bringing the Z06 out this year.

SvilleCobra
12-05-2006, 06:56 PM
I will be at 411 in March! I will even come down a day early this time!

I will also be bringing my brother Pat and his 2003 Mini Cooper S that hopefully will not "dust me" ( those things handle like go-karts )

So 2 in from Cleveland....

Who else?

LeadSSled
12-05-2006, 07:12 PM
Who else?
You can count this taxi in!

Big Daddy
12-06-2006, 09:51 AM
So 2 in from Cleveland....

From someone who grew up in Cleveland Hts and went to Highschool at 105th and Carnegie (the school isn't there anymore)....Strongsville AIN'T CLEVELAND!! :D ;) ;) :thumbsup: Good to see some more yankee's coming down south to play!! :thumbsup:

cobrabitn
12-06-2006, 09:13 PM
CMP fees have not been set yet but will be this month. The track rental is going up again this year. I wouldn't look for too much of an increase from last year as we try to keep our events at or under $300.00 for the weekend so they are still affordable for everyone. We'll also have it up in the store so participants can pay on line for convenience sake. :thumbsup:

SvilleCobra
12-08-2006, 08:46 AM
From someone who grew up in Cleveland Hts and went to Highschool at 105th and Carnegie (the school isn't there anymore)....Strongsville AIN'T CLEVELAND!! :D ;) ;) :thumbsup: Good to see some more yankee's coming down south to play!! :thumbsup:

Yeah, yeah...I know I can't hold a candle to you "city boys". I am a suburban raised guy BUT my heart is in this city which is not so beneficial from a sports team perspective.

Big Daddy...you doing the Hot Rod Power Tour in 2007? It starts here in Cleveland w/ the first stop 3 miles from my house. I plan of offering to have any SCMCers meet at my home next June.

Keep me updated on your plans...

Lumpydogs
12-09-2006, 06:53 AM
Great to see the dates up early... Now we can get the buckeye group all pumped up, and not only make a few of the 411's, but hopefully have a good showing to a few of the road events!!!

Mojosvt,

Based on the smile on your face in September, is it safe to assume you'll
be at Gingerman in '07?

Big Daddy
12-09-2006, 07:46 AM
Big Daddy...you doing the Hot Rod Power Tour in 2007? It starts here in Cleveland w/ the first stop 3 miles from my house. I plan of offering to have any SCMCers meet at my home next June.

Keep me updated on your plans...

SvilleCobra,

I don't know what I'm doing yet this summer. I do want to go up to Cleveland for the kickoff. I don't know if I'm going to do the tour or if I'm going to stay in Clevelend with my family and show my sons the town. I would love to show them the museums, Cedar Point, the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, an Indians game...you know all that stuff you folks take for granted!! :thumbsup:

As the time grows nearer I'll let you know what's up.

mojosvt
12-09-2006, 10:03 AM
Mojosvt,

Based on the smile on your face in September, is it safe to assume you'll
be at Gingerman in '07?
YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!!!! I actually just sold my mineral grey terminator:( . BUT..... I just picked up track prepared 96 mystic cobra, that I can't wait to get on the track:bounce: . This is going to be a fun year, is winter over yet??????

BTTBSS
12-09-2006, 09:29 PM
All the 411 events are back on Saturday?? Sign me up. I'll be put another coat of Zaino on the taxi. (less friction more speed) Any details on VIR? I have wanted to run there for a long time. North course or South or ???

BTTBSS, new and improved- now running on 100% geritol.:thumbsup:

NJ2000R
12-10-2006, 08:00 AM
Any details on VIR? I have wanted to run there for a long time. North course or South or ???

Here ya go!

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13126

TonyBolton
12-10-2006, 07:08 PM
..... I just picked up track prepared 96 mystic cobra, that I can't wait to get on the track:bounce: . This is going to be a fun year, is winter over yet??????
Any details on this Cobra? I'm surprised someone would prep a rare mystic car.

cobrabitn
12-10-2006, 10:38 PM
Don't be surprised about a Mystic being prepped for the track. SCMC has had several Mystic members who had their cars prepped for the track including the one Mike bought. Steve Fuller, former SCMC member, owned that Mystic and had attended SCMC open track events with it in the past.

TonyBolton
12-11-2006, 04:14 AM
Don't be surprised about a Mystic being prepped for the track. SCMC has had several Mystic members who had their cars prepped for the track including the one Mike bought. Steve Fuller, former SCMC member, owned that Mystic and had attended SCMC open track events with it in the past.
I just figured the low production number would have them more in storage, than on tracks. I guess the whole thing reminded me of something I saw on TV or read in a magazine where some guy had a REAL 95 Cobra R and had it all tubbed and gutted and was using it to drag race.

I was like...........WHY? :eek: Why buy a car that rare, built for open tracking..........then trash everything and go drag race it? :doubt:

mojosvt
12-11-2006, 06:27 AM
Well, this one isn't tubed and totally cut up. It is in pretty good shape. It has 71xxx miles. Pretty much everything MM makes for the sn95 along with griggs coil overs. Underdrive pulleys, long tubes, full exhaust, cooling mods. The paint is in decent shape, few scraches and chips that one would expect from a car with 71xxx miles on it. Right now it is throwing a few codes that I need to figure out, and there is a nasty thump in the pass rear when I go over a good size bump that I need to straighten out. Other than that, can't wait to see ya'll this upcoming year.

TonyBolton
12-11-2006, 02:16 PM
Other than that, can't wait to see ya'll this upcoming year. You wouldn't mind given a poor ol' run down GT driver a co-drive in that thing, would'jee? :o :(

mojosvt
12-11-2006, 02:38 PM
To one of the men who I have looked up to since my entry of the autocross/ open track world, a run the drivers seat is all yours:thumbsup:

LeadSSled
12-11-2006, 02:51 PM
You can take mine for a spin too, Tony. :) After driving Mike's car, it will feel like moving from a stallion to an elephant, but you can give her a whirl if you want to.

TonyBolton
12-11-2006, 03:16 PM
To one of the men who I have looked up to since my entry of the autocross/ open track world, a run the drivers seat is all yours:thumbsup:
Ehhhhhh, i'm old news now-a-days. The "spot" belongs to red Corvette's, now. :(

You gonna bring some grippy 275 wide R-compounds with'ya? :bounce:

I'm not sure if my car will together....it has rear suspension issue's.......still. :baby:

TonyBolton
12-11-2006, 03:21 PM
You can take mine for a spin too, Tony. :) After driving Mike's car, it will feel like moving from a stallion to an elephant, but you can give her a whirl if you want to.
I honestly don't think anyone can drive that car better than you Impala guys. After that romp at Adesa, I felt soo helpless out there.....NOOB-ish one might say.

I thought watchin' you guys put up 63-65 second laps was impressive, trying to duplicate the driving ability you guys have in the car is a WHOLE 'NOTHER STORY!!! :thumbsup:

I just felt soo helpless in that car.

Everyone, just pretend you're in your Cobra that has some Pep Boy Futura tires that measure 205 wide...........THATS what it felt like! It takes a really good sense of control to do what the Impala guys are doing. That poor car is soo under-tired, it should be a sin. Everything works great, just those poor tires must've done something horribly wrong in a previous life...........or THREE!

LeadSSled
12-11-2006, 03:28 PM
That poor car is soo under-tired, it should be a sin. Everything works great, just those poor tires must've done something horribly wrong in a previous life...........or THREE!
Well, I'm working that a little. I'm putting together a plan to get some 315/35 V710s under the rear without cutting the frame or flaring the factory fenders. But it will likely be mid-year before it all comes together. Unfortunately, the 275/40s are as big an R-compound as I can get on the front without doing some major body work. And that's just not going to happen.

TonyBolton
12-11-2006, 03:30 PM
Well, I'm working that a little. I'm putting together a plan to get some 315/35 V710s under the rear without cutting the frame or flaring the factory fenders. But it will likely be mid-year before it all comes together. Unfortunately, the 275/40s are as big an R-compound as I can get on the front without doing some major body work. And that's just not going to happen.
Terry, is there are way you can get 3-ish negative camber in that thing? I don't think the rear end was the problem(or maybe it was just me overdriving that heavy car), it was the front that wanted to just scoot out on initial turn-in.

Hey Mike, may I ask why you sold the 03 to get the 96?

mojosvt
12-11-2006, 03:31 PM
Ehhhhhh, i'm old news now-a-days. The "spot" belongs to red Corvette's, now. :(

You gonna bring some grippy 275 wide R-compounds with'ya? :bounce:

I'm not sure if my car will together....it has rear suspension issue's.......still. :baby:
Working on throwing the hitch on the cobra next month. If all goes well, should have the trailer and sticky tires all the way around. Now just I have to figure out these engine codes, and we should be good to go.

LeadSSled
12-11-2006, 03:41 PM
Terry, is there are way you can get 3-ish negative camber in that thing? I don't think the rear end was the problem(or maybe it was just me overdriving that heavy car), it was the front that wanted to just scoot out on initial turn-in.
I can get -2 without too much problem, but I don't think -3 is attainable without aftermarket tubular control arms. I've only been running -1 degrees till now. I'll probably bump it up to -2 this year since it's not a daily driver any more. There are no camber plates for this car.

TonyBolton
12-11-2006, 04:51 PM
I can get -2 without too much problem, but I don't think -3 is attainable without aftermarket tubular control arms. I've only been running -1 degrees till now. I'll probably bump it up to -2 this year since it's not a daily driver any more. There are no camber plates for this car.
Oh ok, I thought you had the tubular stuff on the front already. I found that going from -1.8 to -2.8 made a HUGE difference in front end grip for my car, hopefully will be the same for yours!

mojosvt
12-11-2006, 04:52 PM
My wife and I are planning on starting a family, it was a compromise. She needed a new car, and a 500+ hp 2 seat vert really wasn't family friendly. So I sold the sport bike, sold the vert, bought her a new mazda 3, I will drive her old cherokee on a daily basis, and purchased a cheaper (if that is possible) track car. It really worked out for the best, now i am not driving my street car on the track, and I have a reliable daily driver. Plus we can start saving up a little bit of cash for a rainy day.

TonyBolton
12-11-2006, 04:53 PM
Working on throwing the hitch on the cobra next month. If all goes well, should have the trailer and sticky tires all the way around. Now just I have to figure out these engine codes, and we should be good to go.
Well, I wish you the best of luck. Hopefully it's just some random misfire codes or some easy sensor replacement issue.

If my stuff isn't together by our first event that you'll be able to make, i'll just bring my wheels and tires and we'll BOTH have some fun using that car for it's intended purpose!

TonyBolton
12-11-2006, 04:58 PM
My wife and I are planning on starting a family, it was a compromise. She needed a new car, and a 500+ hp 2 seat vert really wasn't family friendly. So I sold the sport bike, sold the vert, bought her a new mazda 3, I will drive her old cherokee on a daily basis, and purchased a cheaper (if that is possible) track car. It really worked out for the best, now i am not driving my street car on the track, and I have a reliable daily driver. Plus we can start saving up a little bit of cash for a rainy day.
You're good people, Mike! I don't care WHAT Rick says about'cha!!! :thumbsup:

mojosvt
12-11-2006, 07:08 PM
Well, I wish you the best of luck. Hopefully it's just some random misfire codes or some easy sensor replacement issue.

If my stuff isn't together by our first event that you'll be able to make, i'll just bring my wheels and tires and we'll BOTH have some fun using that car for it's intended purpose!
Well, everything ran really well on the way home, with no codes, so I am hoping all is well. ome new plugs, and I will be good to go.

Trust me, if I have anything to do with it, lots of fun is going to be had in this car this year this year:bounce:

LeadSSled
12-11-2006, 08:13 PM
Oh ok, I thought you had the tubular stuff on the front already.
Naw, except for the shocks the front suspension is stock as a clock. This is just a mild-mannered grandma's car. ;)

Jason
12-26-2006, 10:54 AM
Is it time to register yet? :bounce:

Z06xr
12-30-2006, 01:30 PM
Ok.....when's the signup sheet gonna start goin' round for CMP

cobrabitn
12-31-2006, 08:32 PM
CMP form is now up along with the drag day!

timz06
01-12-2007, 10:47 AM
Wow, can't believe you guys are at VIR on june30-July1.

I am an instructor for Chin, and NCM.

NCM is at VIR full July1-2, and chin 3-4. SO I am already going to be there for 4 days. Add your event and you have 6 days straight at VIR!

:eek:

I don't think I can cut 6 days, so I may just catch you guys at CMP!

Tim

Hazman
01-12-2007, 11:35 AM
Wow, can't believe you guys are at VIR on june30-July1.

I am an instructor for Chin, and NCM.

NCM is at VIR full July1-2, and chin 3-4. SO I am already going to be there for 4 days. Add your event and you have 6 days straight at VIR!

:eek:

I don't think I can cut 6 days, so I may just catch you guys at CMP!

TimWUSS!!:D
Jeff & Jake are planning to do all 6 days. Guess you just can't hang with them on or off the track!!:eek: :rotf:
Of course there is the issue of consumables. How manu cars would you need to bring for six track days!!:scratch: :dunno: :cheers:

timz06
01-12-2007, 01:59 PM
I'll believe it when I see them do the six days :D . I just burned up the transmission on the z06 in december at Vir. I also spun a bearing on the camaro at cmp in OCT.

So a few $$ later a new shortblock and trans are coming.

Are you guys on north course or south course?

timz06
01-12-2007, 02:00 PM
Naw, except for the shocks the front suspension is stock as a clock. This is just a mild-mannered grandma's car. ;)

Right, that thing was moving out last year! :)

Hazman
01-12-2007, 02:22 PM
Are you guys on north course or south course?
South course. NASA-MA is running North Course that same weekend.

I was just on the phone with Jeff we were debating how many cars you would need for 6 days straight at the track!:rolleyes: :D

Varkwso
01-12-2007, 05:14 PM
South course. NASA-MA is running North Course that same weekend.

I was just on the phone with Jeff we were debating how many cars you would need for 6 days straight at the track!:rolleyes: :D
There is no doubt that Tim cannot hang with us - so far we have helped him load up two sick cars in three events. Jake is in training to keep up with him for after track events...

Based on the email on SCMC at CMP it sounds like it might be easier to instruct for NASA-MA on the North Course that weekend....

But having said that 6 days in a row at VIR will put some wear into a car(s)!

cobrabitn
01-12-2007, 09:34 PM
According to the VIR schedule, there will not be a NASA event going on during our event. This was also verified by Kevin, who does the scheduling for VIR, sometime last year. This year, we have the south course, next year, who knows? :)

They have a "VIR Club Day" on the same weekend as ours which I guess is for their club members. Initially, there was going to be a NASA weekend there but it was moved. Our dates are June 30 - July 1, 2007, I think you might be one day off on yours there TimZ06. :)

Vir Schedule: http://www.virclub.com/vir/index.php

Rex
01-15-2007, 01:18 PM
Tony: Debbie and I will be at both events.

LeadSSled
01-15-2007, 02:55 PM
Right, that thing was moving out last year! :)
Thanks. It would have been a little more interesting this year with the new motor (but the front suspension is still stock :D ). I was looking forward to running it at 411 with the new powerplant. But with 411's demise, that's not going to happen. Hopefully I can get out to one or two of your track days to let it stretch it's legs a little this year.

RR03Cobra
09-15-2007, 02:23 PM
I can smell the tires heating up for the drag day at Jackson!! Who's in for this awesome event!! I can't wait!! hey BADMOFO, let's line em up again!!:thumbsup: We will be leading a caravan out Sat. morning from Greenville if anyone wants to join in and cruise down with us!!

BadMoFo
09-23-2007, 03:12 PM
I can smell the tires heating up for the drag day at Jackson!! Who's in for this awesome event!! I can't wait!! hey BADMOFO, let's line em up again!!:thumbsup: We will be leading a caravan out Sat. morning from Greenville if anyone wants to join in and cruise down with us!!

you betcha brother! :thumbsup: of course I think you have a slight edge. :D