PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Procedure to Replace the Tranny Fluid

SuperG
11-04-2006, 04:05 PM
I am planning on draining and re-filling. Anything more than that?

tazzracing1
11-04-2006, 05:24 PM
The fluid change is an easily task refilling being the hard part. The plugs are marked for drain and fill on the passenger side of the case. I was lucky and had both of mine out of the car.

blk04cobra1
11-04-2006, 06:54 PM
The fluid change is an easily task refilling being the hard part. The plugs are marked for drain and fill on the passenger side of the case. I was lucky and had both of mine out of the car.
This is accurate, there should be two plugs on the passenger side of your tranny. The lower being the drain, the upper being the filler. Draining is easy, but you'll need a pump to refill. Just make sure the nozzle to the pump is all the way in, then just fill til you get a slip drip from the nozzle area, this will let you know it's completely full and you wont need anymore. It will most likely take 3/4 of a bottle to refill.

SuperG
11-04-2006, 10:18 PM
Thanks guys...after the fill, I guess it would be prudent to check the level after a short drive?

Also, I read the tranny oil capacity is roughly 6.5 pints from the manual, but I also read someone stating it was 4 pints...

tazzracing1
11-05-2006, 01:38 AM
4qts is correct.

SuperG
11-05-2006, 08:16 AM
4qts is correct.
4 quarts or 4 pints? There are 2 pints to a quart...