PDA

View Full Version : Bonehead Mechanic

CJchronic
11-14-2006, 12:19 AM
Not sure if this is the right forum to air this out, but I just got to tell this. I recently bought some new Baer rotors to replace the stockers. So I figured I would paint the calipers this past Sunday, while I was changing the rotors. Well the calipers were an all day affair, and I had to work the next day. So this morning I go to my local speed shop to have them put the rotors on for me. I also ask them to sand/clean off the paint that I got on the word "cobra" that is on the front calipers, and polish it out. Well I'm hanging out in the office with the owner, just BSing. About a half hour later one of the mechanics walks in. He is an older man, but new to the shop. He says to me "I got the cobra off of there". I'm like "what are you talking about":scratch: . He says "the cobra, you wanted me to take it off right?" I said "your kidding me right?" He's like "no I took it off. "I look at the owner, who has this blank look on his face:facedrop: . We walk into the shop (all the other mechanic knew what the guy just did and were as far away from my car as possible). I look at the car, and freaked:bugeyes: . The guy had taken a grinder and ground off the word "cobra" on both calipers:banghead: . What an idiot:retard:. I couldn't believe it.:jawdrop: I had to just leave or I would have lost it:mad: . Anyone else had anything this stupid happen to them before?

cobrapace94
11-14-2006, 01:50 AM
WOW, I'd have been soo pissed too. I do believe that the shop owes you a set of "COBRA" calipers.

Firme
11-14-2006, 08:07 AM
WOW, I'd have been soo pissed too. I do believe that the shop owes you a set of "COBRA" calipers.

I totally agree, they have to make it right. I would have flipped. :mad: :edmond: :getsome: :blast::retard: :banghead: :evil:

geckorz
11-14-2006, 10:39 AM
I would have been PI$%^#, They are buying you new ones, right???????

SuperG
11-14-2006, 11:36 AM
Yeah, please tell us they're taking care of you...

WVSNS&
11-14-2006, 01:35 PM
Dude is a moran. They should order you some new ones. I would take them to small claims court. Sue for tha maximum amount as the judge sometimes is given the latitude to rule you can get more than just the replacement cost.

john

CJchronic
11-14-2006, 08:52 PM
I guess I should have finished the story. I have been doing business with the owner for a little over a year now, and he is a great guy. They put a dent in my door from the lift once also. They had it professionaly fixed right away. So after this little mishap:rolleyes:. He took me back into the parts department and gave me a full set front and rear factory powdercoated red anniversary edition "cobra" calipers they had in stock. I have a set of SS brakelines on order, and he said when the lines come in, they will install the calipers and lines free of charge. So in the end I made out like a bandit. It's rare to find a shop willing to go above and beyond to make-up for their mistakes:thumbsup: . They have a customer for life. I told them I just don't want that mechanic to touch my car again. By the way anyone interested in some cheap "cobraless" calipers?

tazzracing1
11-14-2006, 10:01 PM
Chris

The pint can easily removed by flat tip screw driver and razor blade. I may know somebody who might be interested in them pm me a price and I will let them know.
Larry

ausie
11-15-2006, 07:47 AM
One of those deals where you shoud do it yourself. At least you were compensated for the mistake. Sometimes it is what is said or instructed that makes a difference. I deal with boneheads at work all of the time, and they are true boneheads if they do not ask questions first if they do not understand the instructions.