PDA

View Full Version : Why me?....Pics Uploaded(11/19)!!!!

Cobra G
11-15-2006, 06:59 PM
After getting a hair cut on my way over to a job interview I get into a car wreck. I was of course driving my cobra and not even being a year old to me I get t-boned while making a left turn from an 81 year old womes.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

97CasperCobra
11-15-2006, 07:08 PM
HOLY CRAP!!! :eek:

sorry to hear man. Whose fault was it?? Pictures?? Damn that really sucks!! :(

Cobra G
11-15-2006, 08:08 PM
I'll try to get some pics up and it wasn't my fault. I was making a left turn into my neighborhood and this 81 year old women ran her stop sign and hit me. I'm just really really hoping they don't try to total out my car.

Twice Bitten
11-15-2006, 08:20 PM
If they do, let me know.

cobrapace94
11-15-2006, 10:04 PM
Ouch... Hope you are OK. Good luck on, hope all goes well for you & the car.

Firme
11-15-2006, 11:04 PM
:( That sucks man, I hope you are ok. Cars can be replaced, just sad to see a Mystichrome go down.

97CasperCobra
11-15-2006, 11:14 PM
:( That sucks man, I hope you are ok. Cars can be replaced, just sad to see a Mystichrome go down.

This is true...but I'm sure we can help you in finding one if the insurance totals it out.

Hope you're doing alright man....:thumbsup:

cobrabitn
11-15-2006, 11:26 PM
That sucks man! I'm glad you're okay but dang there's something about that Mystichrome that everyone wants to hit them. I remember when they first came out, about a week later, someone posted a picture of one in a wreck where it was totaled. :mad:

I'm sure you'll find another one if it is totaled but it's never the same when you lose your first one! :(

Cobra G
11-16-2006, 04:05 AM
I was making a left turn from a street that had a speed limit of 30mph, I couldn't have been going more than 5mph when the accident happend because I came to pretty much a complete stop. Ironically the person that hit me is my next door neighbor and she seems more upset about that the situation than I am. It really means a lot to me to hear what you have to say. I'll do what I can to get some pics posted even if I have to send them to someone else. I'll definately keep everyone posted

97CasperCobra
11-16-2006, 07:14 AM
I'll do what I can to get some pics posted even if I have to send them to someone else. I'll definately keep everyone posted

:thumbsup:....if you need to, send the pictures to me at sharktooth_13@yahoo.com and I'll get them up for ya.

SuperG
11-16-2006, 08:04 AM
Oh Will, that is terrible to hear! I am glad you are ok, though and hopefully your neighbor didn't get hurt. I am half her age and it seems like it takes forever to heal!!

Hopefully it's repairable. If not, now's a good time to make it a track car!! BTW, I saw a Mystichrome for sale on one of the other boards last month...

Angel
11-16-2006, 12:26 PM
Sorry to hear that. Try to turn the situation into something good - even if they total it - opportunity for a move up perhaps - or as others suggested - a Track Snake.

The next one may not replace the Mystichrome, but may be a different type of nice.:)

spitfire
11-17-2006, 12:10 PM
Sorry to hear about your snake. :( I am always afraid of that happining to me everytime I take mine out! Hope it all goes well for you!

Cobra G
11-18-2006, 02:41 AM
Pictures are sent, thanks for your help
:thumbsup:....if you need to, send the pictures to me at sharktooth_13@yahoo.com and I'll get them up for ya.

97CasperCobra
11-18-2006, 03:01 AM
Pictures are sent, thanks for your help

Will...I didn't get any pictures in the e-mail. Try again and be sure the pictures are attached. :thumbsup: I'll check again in the morning.

Cobra G
11-19-2006, 09:13 PM
Ha-ha! Damn alcohol impairing my computing skills. You should have them now, I'm sober this time.

Will...I didn't get any pictures in the e-mail. Try again and be sure the pictures are attached. :thumbsup: I'll check again in the morning.

97CasperCobra
11-20-2006, 12:59 AM
Pics....doesn't look too bad Will.....any word on the body shop or insurance??

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/173/7604/120825.jpg

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/173/7604/120827.jpg

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/173/7604/120826.jpg

bat-stang
11-20-2006, 08:55 AM
It doesn't look like a total to me. I wish you the best; and new paint!:D

Angel
11-20-2006, 02:56 PM
It doesn't look like a total to me. I wish you the best; and new paint!:D
Does not look too bad. If the hit had not caused frame damage, and especially if the door can open and close, then it might be some good news in that it can be OEM repaired.

Of course, the expensive paint work required may leave me in fear about the actual cost to repair being more than the listed value.

If they can repair with an estimate of under 3000.00 showing up on the forms, it will show as a fender bender and lessen the hit to the value of the car as well.

All the best of luck with it, :thumbsup: i have been there myself, and yes, i still worry and be very aware whenever i drive Angel or Jackie.

AustinSVT
11-20-2006, 07:14 PM
that sucks :(

did alot of damage there on the uni-body section (rear fender). Wonder if they would cut it out and weld in a new panel.

03 cobra toy
11-20-2006, 07:41 PM
Cobra G,

Don't forget about Diminished Value :thumbsup: Insurance companies don't want you know about this :mad:

Good read !!

http://www.appraisalgroupofamerica.com/diminished-value.htm

Levi
11-20-2006, 10:56 PM
that sucks :(

did alot of damage there on the uni-body section (rear fender). Wonder if they would cut it out and weld in a new panel.
Yea they will. Right rear on mine got crushed and had tobe replaced. Looks like he will need a new door skin also. Really hate to see this damage, but I am glad you are ok there Cobra G.

Cobra G
12-05-2006, 03:40 AM
Sorry for the late reply. Yes I am at foremost glad to be okay for sure just wish this never happened. The lady that hit me claimed 100% liability for the accident without even getting the police involved which was F&%# awesome! Shows there really are still some good honest people out there. Car is still in the shop now, I'm going to try to go by there and take some pics of progress but the sight of the car not in one piece might freak me out. Thanks for all the comments and concerns this is really an awesome club and as soon as I get her back MC and I will cruise back home to H-Town for a visit.

Angel
12-12-2006, 10:01 AM
Yea they will. Right rear on mine got crushed and had tobe replaced. Looks like he will need a new door skin also. Really hate to see this damage, but I am glad you are ok there Cobra G.
Seen this many times at my shop and it is highly likely they will. Upon proper care and skill, it can be factory done, but will take a couple weeks for sure. With co-operation from your insurance company and their consideration of the rareity of a serialized vehicle, they may be able to find a way to keep the diminished value low as a fender bender. If it is kept to less than 3K on paper.
Had been through a very similar situation with my previous Red Roush in a hit and run. When the Roush was sold, the fender bender showed up on the Car Fax, but took less than 1K off the selling value of the car.

Angel
12-12-2006, 10:05 AM
Sorry for the late reply. Yes I am at foremost glad to be okay for sure just wish this never happened. The lady that hit me claimed 100% liability for the accident without even getting the police involved which was F&%# awesome! Shows there really are still some good honest people out there. Car is still in the shop now, I'm going to try to go by there and take some pics of progress but the sight of the car not in one piece might freak me out. Thanks for all the comments and concerns this is really an awesome club and as soon as I get her back MC and I will cruise back home to H-Town for a visit.
Great that the Lady is co-operative. This in itself makes the situation that much easier to deal with. :thumbsup:

A kind word of warning : If you had not been around many torn up cars - i suggest you wait till the near end of the body work to go see the car. It is quite bad, even after they start repairs, before the car looks cleaned up.

We look forward to seeing you and the MC back in H-Town soon. :)