PDA

View Full Version : SCMC on Track at VIR -- June 30 - July 1, 2007

cobrabitn
11-15-2006, 11:33 PM
As many of you know, we will be going to VIR for 2007. The event will consist of two days of open track and a show and shine on Saturday. The dates will be June 30 - July 1, 2007. This event will be open to any make or model but members get first priority and will be given advance registration notice in 2007.

Anyone who attends CMP and pays to go to VIR too, will get a discount off the full price at the VIR event. The event will be on June 30 - July 1, 2007 and the event is limited to the first 75 paid participants. Plan to get at least 4 hours of track time over the weekend as track time takes priority. We'll be doing the south course for this event.

We'll put out more details as they become available but if you know 100% you will attend, please post here so we can get a ball park figure of how many people to expect to participate.

Thanks,

Tony

BTTBSS
12-10-2006, 01:40 PM
Shooting for both CMP and VIR, as long as there is room for a taxi cab or two.
4 hours of track time, Yikes, note to self, tires, brake pads, rotors, more tires.

BTTBSS

cobrabitn
12-12-2006, 08:17 PM
Excellent! Maybe we can get a Taxi Cab group together for both events! :)

03 cobra toy
12-16-2006, 05:29 PM
It looks like a few guys from Texas are going ;)

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13243

Can we run the Full Course :rolleyes:

Cobra4me
12-17-2006, 02:49 AM
Tony I plan on attending. I have watched my son on his bike on the south course and I so wanted to be able to take the Cobra out there

flynfink
12-17-2006, 03:15 PM
Jay and I plan on having the 94 at both events.

puzzle13
12-30-2006, 08:32 PM
$2800 for a car hauler, $500.00 for harnesses & roll bar padding, $500.00 for track brakes & slotted rotors, $1000.00 for Nitto track tires, getting to go FAST without getting a ticket ... priceless! Can't wait! I am doing the full course in February, got a free ride to CMP this year, and then the south course in June. I hope my car can take it ... not to mention me. :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

03 cobra toy
01-01-2007, 02:39 PM
$2800 for a car hauler, $500.00 for harnesses & roll bar padding, $500.00 for track brakes & slotted rotors, $1000.00 for Nitto track tires, getting to go FAST without getting a ticket ... priceless! Can't wait! I am doing the full course in February, got a free ride to CMP this year, and then the south course in June. I hope my car can take it ... not to mention me. :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

it's only $$$$

cobrabitn
01-01-2007, 04:49 PM
David,

While I am sure that full course is a ton of fun, it does have its disadvantages like fewer laps because the course is so long. Many of our members may find a track like that intimidating, too. Speeds of over a 100 mph can make them nervous especially when someone wants to go around them. I hear the south course is a lot of fun and even though it is shorter, it is more challenging. I'm looking forward to running VIR and MSR this year. Of course Gingerman and CMP are a given though! :D

Event Staff:

Tony S - 1994 Rio Red Cobra Coupe
Burke D - 1997 Rio Red Cobra Coupe
Garry T - 1997 Rio Red Cobra Coupe
Dave S - 1999 Rio Red Cobra Convertible

Updated list of people planning to attend:

Robbie K - 2004 Competition Orange Cobra Coupe
David M - 2003 Silver Cobra Coupe
Jim B - 1999 Rio Red Cobra Coupe
Joe J - 2000 Performance Red Cobra R
Mike S - 2003 Black Cobra Convertible
Jeff F - 1994 Black Cobra Coupe
Ken W - 2000 Performance Red Cobra R

bolt-on
01-02-2007, 06:39 PM
Planning on being there....cannot wait :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Larry had to put in for 2007 vacation time back in Nov......VIR was his first pick, which he got as well as March for CMP. He will use personal days for GingerMan. With the mild winter in Michigan, he has been working on getting the Cobra ready for 2007! Yes, lots of $$$$$$, but that is why we work so hard the rest of the year.
Mrs. bolt-on

03 cobra toy
01-02-2007, 08:33 PM
David,

While I am sure that full course is a ton of fun, it does have its disadvantages like fewer laps because the course is so long. Many of our members may find a track like that intimidating, too. Speeds of over a 100 mph can make them nervous especially when someone wants to go around them. I hear the south course is a lot of fun and even though it is shorter, it is more challenging.

OK

Can you add a few more guys to the list

Stan H 98 White
Carl G 03 Black
Jim B 99 Red
Larry E 95 Red

cobrabitn
01-02-2007, 10:00 PM
Update List:

Event Staff:

Tony S - 1994 Rio Red Cobra Coupe
Burke D - 1997 Rio Red Cobra Coupe
Garry T - 1997 Rio Red Cobra Coupe
Dave S - 1999 Rio Red Cobra Convertible

Updated list of people planning to attend:

Robbie K - 2004 Competition Orange Cobra Coupe
David M - 2003 Silver Cobra Coupe
Jim B - 1999 Rio Red Cobra Coupe
Joe J - 2000 Performance Red Cobra R
Mike S - 2003 Black Cobra Convertible
Ken W - 2000 Performance Red Cobra R
Larry E - 1995 Rio Red Cobra Coupe
Carl G - 2003 Black Cobra Coupe
Larry B - 1997 White Cobra Coupe
BTTBSS - Taxi Cab :thumbsup:

MWDILL
01-11-2007, 09:51 PM
i am planning on coming for this event, what do i need to do as far as registration and safety requirments?

cobrabitn
01-11-2007, 10:43 PM
You can download a packet from the CMP event and the requirements are the same. Since you show you have a convertible you will have to have a rollbar installed. The bar should go at least an inch or two above your head. You will also need a helmet, SA 00 or better, and you should flush your brake lines and make sure you have good pads and rotors on your car. If this is your first time, I would leave the car pretty much stock, I'm assuming you're bringing your 03 Cobra unless you have another car you want to bring with you??

MWDILL
01-13-2007, 08:40 AM
yes, bringing a 03 10th ann, already have a roll bar so no problem there, i also have a buddy with a 66 shelby gt 350 that would like to come if that is ok?

Big Daddy
01-13-2007, 12:15 PM
yes, bringing a 03 10th ann, already have a roll bar so no problem there, i also have a buddy with a 66 shelby gt 350 that would like to come if that is ok?

Bring him on, he's going to run the Shelby?? That would be worth the price of admission! :thumbsup:

MWDILL
01-13-2007, 06:33 PM
Bring him on, he's going to run the Shelby?? That would be worth the price of admission! :thumbsup:yes he will :D
it's an impressive piece, he even has Carroll Shelby's signature on the glovebox :thumbsup: he ran it at Charlotte a couple of years ago, said he would prefer a road course next time.

cobrabitn
01-14-2007, 11:14 AM
Your friend might want to consider coming in March to our CMP event in Kershaw, SC. The course is longer and he will get to meet many more SCMC people that will be at VIR this year. He'll get to see what running on a road course canbe like. There is also another 66 Mustang driver that comes to CMP every year!

You are also welcome to attend that event, too!

MWDILL
01-16-2007, 05:41 PM
i'll check with him, but his schedule is tight,
for VIR will we be running with the svt group or other groups that will be there that weekend?

cobrabitn
01-16-2007, 10:06 PM
Sorry, I don't understand your question?? :crazy:

We are the only SVT group there that weekend (SVT Cobra Mustang Club), the other group is VIR club members which is exclusively for their members.

MWDILL
01-17-2007, 02:28 PM
was just wondering what other groups (or cars) will be there that weekend, and will we be on the south track with our group only?
sorry for all the questions:newbie:
had some other people( non svt) that were interested.

Big Daddy
01-17-2007, 03:10 PM
was just wondering what other groups (or cars) will be there that weekend, and will we be on the south track with our group only?
sorry for all the questions:newbie:
had some other people( non svt) that were interested.

I don't know whom else may be running on the north course that weekend. But out club has rented the South course for the weekend and we'll let just about anything run with our club. HECK we even have a couple of defectors that went over to the dark side and bring their cheby's to our track weekends. I would say if you want to come to VIR sign up early and bring your friends NO MATTER WHAT THEY DRIVE! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

PS I've invited a lexus to our weekend at CMP...now if we can have fried rice running with us...how bad could your friends car be??? ;) ;) :D

Rex
02-01-2007, 01:41 PM
Debbie and I will be at both events.

cobrabitn
02-12-2007, 09:42 PM
I finally got the contract today and will be mailing it in this weekend. It was also hinted to me that we could possibly get north course next year. (Keeping fingers crossed) :bounce:

Registration will open after our CMP event, both on line and pay by check. Remember, this event will be limited to the first 75 paid participants so be sure to register early as we will close the event once we reach that number.

This event is open to all makes and models but members and CMP participants will get first notice and priority.

97ThunderBoltGT
02-25-2007, 08:16 PM
Hi:

I've been reading the posts on the SCMC website for a while and finally decided to register today when I saw the VIR event :thumbsup:

I have a couple of quick questions on the event: is there a way to register for just Saturday only? If so, how much would just one day cost? Second, is there a minimum age for drivers? I have a son who would be interested in attending as well... And, along with that, will there be instructors available?

Thank you very much! If the answers fall the way I hope they do, we'll join SCMC and sign up for VIR right after!

Warmest Regards,
Scott

cobrabitn
03-02-2007, 09:50 PM
We may get to run full course on our weekend, details to follow... :thumbsup:

puzzle13
03-04-2007, 10:32 PM
We may get to run full course on our weekend, details to follow... :thumbsup:Tony ... that would be the best and you could open the weekend up to many more than 75 participants. I loved the full course in February. Hopefully the full course will be open. :bounce:

MJR_TRBL
03-09-2007, 10:16 AM
Is there somewhere I can find out more information about the VIR event? My father and I are both interested in participating. We are both novices that have never been to an open track event.

Hazman
03-09-2007, 05:43 PM
Is there somewhere I can find out more information about the VIR event? My father and I are both interested in participating. We are both novices that have never been to an open track event.
This would be a great opportunity for you to participate. We will have 4 different run groups including one for beginners. As a beginner you will also get classroom instruction and an in car instructor. You and your Father should come join us!:thumbsup:

Go here for more info. http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13375

gcassidy
03-10-2007, 03:17 PM
Hmmm....I think I'll have to join your fine group just to come run at VIR.

Plus I need another sticker. :thumbsup:

cobrabitn
03-15-2007, 11:10 PM
Scott,

You can do one day as the on line payment will be up this week sometime. :thumbsup:

Thanks,

Tony

redsnake99
05-28-2007, 04:21 PM
Looks like a great time at VIR, for two whole months, June 1 - July 30.
Tony, were you testing us to see if we really could stay there for that length of time, or to see who's paying attention?

cobrabitn
05-28-2007, 09:18 PM
What are you talking about?? :rotf:

Philcsag1
05-30-2007, 09:26 PM
I forgot to write down the name of the Motel SCMC booked a block of rooms at.

Could someone help me here

thanks

Phil

Hazman
05-30-2007, 09:56 PM
I forgot to write down the name of the Motel SCMC booked a block of rooms at.

Could someone help me here

thanks

PhilLink to Hotel Info (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13375)

Look under lodging:D

swhiteh3
06-12-2007, 10:22 AM
Looks like I'll be there joining you guys this year. I'm looking forward to meeting more of the SCMC "south" guys, since I've working the Gingerman event up north for so long.

Now whether or not I can get all the crash damage from CMP a few weeks ago completed and get my own beast out there... time will tell.

Scott Whitehead
..No longer from the midwest...

johnbasf
06-12-2007, 12:46 PM
Looks like I'll be there joining you guys this year. I'm looking forward to meeting more of the SCMC "south" guys, since I've working the Gingerman event up north for so long.

Now whether or not I can get all the crash damage from CMP a few weeks ago completed and get my own beast out there... time will tell.

Scott Whitehead
..No longer from the midwest...

Look forward to seeing you again Scott. I hear you're in the south now. You still crew chief??

CRASH DAMAGE?????? :eek: