PDA

View Full Version : just installed a s/c on my 96 cobra!!!

Brandon Austin
11-19-2006, 05:13 PM
I just put a Paxton Novi 1000 on my cobra. I was just wondering if I am doing any damage to my engine by not having the car tuned right away. I am just trying to wait because I still need to up the injectors and swap the FMU out for the lighting meter. The car seems to be running ok except for when I really get in to the boost the car will act kind of funny, as if it is not getting enough fuel. I am going to get the tune soon but it just might be a couple of weeks. What should I do? (Drive the car) or (let it sit till the tune)? Thanks for the help.
Brandon<O:p</O:p<ST1:p</ST1:p<O:p</O:p

blk04cobra1
11-19-2006, 09:36 PM
Brandon, IMO, I would let the car sit until you get a tune. If you must drive it, get a generic tune and under no circumstances get in to boost at all...give us a ring tomorrow if you have any other questions.

Brandon Austin
11-19-2006, 10:27 PM
thanks man, yeah i had talked to Will last week about getting me all of the other stuff i wanted to get before the tune. he is supposed to call me back but that was last week. But hey what would it cost for me to get a generic tune. I do need to drive the car. Can you help me out.

dewone
11-20-2006, 11:51 AM
I wouldn't drive the car any more than needed. Keep it out of boost. It's tough but if your running lean you will blow the motor. Sounds like an oxymoron blow, a blown motor, but I mean you could destroy the motor. Did you use forged pistons, and rods before the blower. I got a paxton on my 85 Z28 it's a good product. Never had any problem with the blower. The 305 on the other hand, well lets just say she now knocks. Didn't forge the internals.