PDA

View Full Version : Heads Work Question

SuperG
11-20-2006, 09:48 AM
Found a little coolant in the oil, yay! So I was wondering where you guys take your heads for refinishing? What else should I have done while those are out?

Thanks!

97CasperCobra
11-20-2006, 10:40 AM
Found a little coolant in the oil, yay! So I was wondering where you guys take your heads for refinishing? What else should I have done while those are out?

Thanks!

you can get some '03 Cobra/Mach 1/Lincoln Aviator heads for better flow. :thumbsup:

SuperG
11-20-2006, 11:27 AM
you can get some '03 Cobra/Mach 1/Lincoln Aviator heads for better flow. :thumbsup:
When/where/how!!??

97CasperCobra
11-20-2006, 12:09 PM
When/where/how!!??

E-bay, junk yards, Ford Parts dealership, etc....

The "dictionary"(Jimmy) told me everything I need to know. :thumbsup:

jimmysidecarr
11-20-2006, 08:21 PM
Be very careful with any refinishing you have done on these heads... they require an extremely smooth finish... and if they are heat twisted they should only be used if it is very minimal.

A set of 03/04 Cobra/Mach1/Marauder or 03/05 Aviator heads are all the same... and they are the best flowing head short of the Ford GT/ Y2K-R heads... which wont fit our block/intakes anyway.

They are available LOADED(cams, valves ,springs etc..) from Tousley Ford for 10 over cost...
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193978
And if you get them new...they will be the new improved cooling "tick fix" heads!!!(used on late 05 Aviators)
(This is where I got my Whipple)

then you just need a 99/01 Cobra intake, or a Mach1 intake and you are in business...

But ultimately... don't buy anything until the forensics team is done!!! ;)

SuperG
11-20-2006, 10:25 PM
But ultimately... don't buy anything until the forensics team is done!!! ;)
That's for sure!! That process is under way (Edmond bringing some magic tomorrow - if he remembers!). But I checked out those prices...not bad...Hmmm...and 03/04 engine for $3k...