PDA

View Full Version : Open-track pictures...

97CasperCobra
12-03-2006, 12:56 PM
Have you bought any and why?? Writing a paper for one of my classes and wanted to get some thoughts & opinions on why you bought one. Thanks :thumbsup:

Firme
12-04-2006, 11:27 AM
Yes, I try to make it a point to buy some at every open track event. For now its feasible since I don't do that many to not care about pictures every time.

Why? Well, its such a fun experience, you want to capture it any way you can. :cool:

Looking at the thread that Stan posted about his first stang, I would like to be able to pull the pics out down the road and say this is me back in the day.

Levi
12-04-2006, 11:50 AM
I did for my first open track event and then friends made me CD's to keep for my personal records. Now I just copy the pictures people post about an event and hope there is a picture of me and my car on-track.

Back in the day we had no way to keep any digital record of pictures and I had to wait till I had a digital picture scanner to show off my firts car in a club forum.

Hazman
12-04-2006, 12:00 PM
Yes We have purchased digital photos at several events. As we do more events I am buying less often. Now days it has to be a special pic toget my wallet open.

SuperG
12-04-2006, 02:42 PM
Did any of you guys with talent and real cameras get a group pic? That would be the one I would buy...The track pics came out real nice from several of you and I really appreciate the time you guys took to get around the track and to post the pictures. Those turned out to be as good as I could ever expect!

97CasperCobra
12-04-2006, 02:47 PM
ok guys....let's stay on topic till 7pm tonight please.

My paper is why I enjoy open-track photography and I'm just looking for different opinions on WHY people buy the pictures. Any help is appreciated. :thumbsup:

jimmysidecarr
12-04-2006, 08:13 PM
I buy them because it reminds me of that exact moment...
the way the car felt...
and the way I felt driving it!!!

Whether it was sliding though a turn.. getting a point by pass.. the tail getting light over a bump.. or getting out of shape from any possible number of driver miscalculations...

For example THIS is one of my absolute favorites... it was a "street tire pitched hard slide"... and it felt great doing it!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v134/jimmysidecarr/MSR%20Houston%202005/smallerSturns.jpg