PDA

View Full Version : Dyno Results

Carl G
12-09-2006, 08:55 PM
Well the numbers are in and we pulled 595 RWHP and 597 RWT. Car had another 50-60 HP left but the twin focus pumps could not keep up so we had to stop. I changed to 60# injectors which pulled more fuel than the 52# before. Will need to upgrade fuel system if we want the extra HP. The good new is that the A/F ration is safe at 11.5 which means good open track performance. The guys at Traingle Speed said the Mustang Dyno reads conservative compared to the Dynajet by a minimum of 10% maybe more. So if that means anything we would be around 640-650 RWHP on a DynaJet. Either way I have ample power. The car is putting down close to 700 flywheel or more. I will say that Jerry is a true genious at getting the most HP but with safe results. It is amazing what he can do with a laptop. You will have to wait for Larry's post for the GT. He has that honor. Triangle Speed shop did a great job in letting us tune our cars there on short notice. They have a first rate shop and it is worth the look if you need serious engine work or tuning done. :thumbsup:

Admiral
12-09-2006, 09:14 PM
Congrats Carl, great numbers! I'm sure that beast will be a blast to drive on the track with all that power. :thumbsup:

jimmysidecarr
12-10-2006, 01:52 AM
Wow!!! Carl that is EXCELLENT!!!

So (If I may ask) was that Focus pumps on 60s with a boost-a-pump??? or just Focus pumps on 60s???

It looks like I may(???) be doing a boost-a-pump to allow for enough fuel on stock pumps w/ 60s(not sure yet)... even though I should be in the 530/540 RWHP neighborhood...(3.5 pulley/@ about 15 pounds..... or less hopefully) which is low compared to what a well thought out higher boost Whipple AX2300 set up like yours can put down.

Safe a/f ratios are more demanding of the fuel system for sure... but it's worth the trouble even with built motors sporting correct piston to wall clearance. It will keep them alive during those 20 minute RED MIST hot lap moments... that we love to remember and smile about even months afterward!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
I am so looking forward to running in your run group someday... :hail: Along with Stan and Henry and ALL the rest!!!

This club is so much fun!!!
We still all have our competitive instincts intact...(not surgically removed ...LOL!!!)
But we till all care about and look out for our pals while we go after it!!!

Somebody drops out with a broke motor...or what ever.. we all feel the pain!!! :(
One of our own isn't out there running with us anymore!!!
I wasn't getting that camaraderie doing SCCA stuff... :doubt:

97CasperCobra
12-10-2006, 03:57 AM
Congrats on getting the car up and running with amazing power Carl!!! Can't wait to see the Black Frankenstang out. :thumbsup:

S/C STANG
12-10-2006, 11:42 AM
nice numbers carl....Mine made 553/568 on the MD,with a very safe 11.0 a/f so I don't know how much that on the Dynojet...I pretty sure it would of made more if I would got the 57-580 if the a/f was a tad higher....but never the less happy:thumbsup:

Twice Bitten
12-10-2006, 07:38 PM
The sl'03 lives! :D
The '06 F350 has 750 ft. lbs. of torque. :eek:
The gt has more than enough hp and torque! :jawdrop: :dizzy: :woooah: :eek:

97CasperCobra
12-10-2006, 09:13 PM
The sl'03 lives! :D

bout time!!!! question now is for how long.... :p

Carl G
12-11-2006, 08:29 AM
Wow!!! Carl that is EXCELLENT!!!

So (If I may ask) was that Focus pumps on 60s with a boost-a-pump??? or just Focus pumps on 60s???

It looks like I may(???) be doing a boost-a-pump to allow for enough fuel on stock pumps w/ 60s(not sure yet)... even though I should be in the 530/540 RWHP neighborhood...(3.5 pulley/@ about 15 pounds..... or less hopefully) which is low compared to what a well thought out higher boost Whipple AX2300 set up like yours can put down.

Safe a/f ratios are more demanding of the fuel system for sure... but it's worth the trouble even with built motors sporting correct piston to wall clearance. It will keep them alive during those 20 minute RED MIST hot lap moments... that we love to remember and smile about even months afterward!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
I am so looking forward to running in your run group someday... :hail: Along with Stan and Henry and ALL the rest!!!

This club is so much fun!!!
We still all have our competitive instincts intact...(not surgically removed ...LOL!!!)
But we till all care about and look out for our pals while we go after it!!!

Somebody drops out with a broke motor...or what ever.. we all feel the pain!!! :(
One of our own isn't out there running with us anymore!!!
I wasn't getting that camaraderie doing SCCA stuff... :doubt:

Jimmy, did not have a boost a pump with the focus pumps. There was concern at the shop that even that may not be enough with 19 + pounds of boost. It also want be long before you are up in our group. Just takes seat time and the higher mph and being comfortable at the speed. Hope to see you in my rear view mirrow soon. :thumbsup:

Firme
12-11-2006, 11:04 AM
Looks like Jerry did his magic again.

Good numbers ya'll. Expecially on the GT :D

bluethunder
12-11-2006, 11:36 AM
here are some screen shots of the black turbo car of shawn's. The BAP died on the car, and we had to leave, so we are waiting till after we get back from Florida and the PRI show to make some changes and upgrades.
we did mess with the Boost controller some but never got it truley stable to make a good run, but hearing the car at 28-31 PSI was CRAZY!!!!!

http://www.dynojoe.com/assetmanager/assets/DSC03675%20%28Medium%29.JPG

Had to make an abort on this run due to the fuel pressure dropping off really bad. Look at the TORQUE!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.dynojoe.com/assetmanager/assets/DSC03683%20%28Medium%29.JPG

97CasperCobra
12-11-2006, 12:01 PM
here are some screen shots of the black turbo car of shawn's. Had to make an abort on this run due to the fuel pressure dropping off really bad. Look at the TORQUE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crazy stuff Joey!!! :eek:

Good luck in FL man, let us know how it goes. :thumbsup:

Levi
12-11-2006, 08:57 PM
Let me just say this, Larry's GT is so fast it will light your hair ON-FIRE. :firedevil

In two words. The Flash. :flash:

Twice Bitten
12-11-2006, 09:35 PM
194 mph in 4th gear on the dyno! :eek: :jawdrop:

97CasperCobra
12-11-2006, 09:51 PM
194 mph in 4th gear on the dyno! :eek: :jawdrop:

when are ya doing Texas Mile??? :D

Twice Bitten
12-11-2006, 09:55 PM

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13151

Carl G
12-11-2006, 09:55 PM

Texas Mile here we come in the spring :D

97CasperCobra
12-11-2006, 11:59 PM
http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13151

that doesn't tell me when YOU are doing it!!! :p

Angel
12-12-2006, 08:50 AM
Well the numbers are in and we pulled 595 RWHP and 597 RWT. Car had another 50-60 HP left but the twin focus pumps could not keep up so we had to stop. I changed to 60# injectors which pulled more fuel than the 52# before. Will need to upgrade fuel system if we want the extra HP. The good new is that the A/F ration is safe at 11.5 which means good open track performance. The guys at Traingle Speed said the Mustang Dyno reads conservative compared to the Dynajet by a minimum of 10% maybe more. So if that means anything we would be around 640-650 RWHP on a DynaJet. Either way I have ample power. The car is putting down close to 700 flywheel or more. I will say that Jerry is a true genious at getting the most HP but with safe results. It is amazing what he can do with a laptop. You will have to wait for Larry's post for the GT. He has that honor. Triangle Speed shop did a great job in letting us tune our cars there on short notice. They have a first rate shop and it is worth the look if you need serious engine work or tuning done. :thumbsup:
Great numbers Carl! :thumbsup: Congrats. Remind me to hide my little Angel when you are in the neighbourhood.:D

I had a friend with an F-1 Procharger on his Roush running 14# boost with all the upgrades and on a custom, made to order, fuel system w/ pump. They spared no expense. Unfortunately, it proved very bad to run more than 60# injectors without seriously modding the fuel system and more than just bolt on frame reinforcements. He was making over 800 at the flywheel on a dynojet and nearly 700 of tq.

The guys at Triangle Speed are wise to pull back until completion of the fuel system upgrades.