PDA

View Full Version : Alignment issue...question?

mojosvt
12-13-2006, 10:20 AM
So I just purchased a 96 mystic cobra, that is pretty well set up (my novice opinion, for my novice skill level) for the track. It was riding rather rough when I picked it up, so I took her up to the guy that does all my alignment, and now I have a concern. The car has a griggs coil overs, front and read, MM k-member, mm lower control arms, mm 4-bolt c/c plates, mm torque arm, mm panhard bar, and mm flsfc. I think that is all the suspension stuff. When we first put it on the alignment rack, the front was running -4.0 degrees camber, and +6.5 caster, and the toe was all out of wack. I do drive the car on the street, and would like to run a ton less neg camber to save tires, until I go to the track. I then realignment the car for the track that week, then put her back to street setting when I get home. The problem is, when we moved the c/c plates, the least amount of neg camber I could get was -2.5 on both sides. I really would like to run a little less to save the tires, but that was the max adjustment we could make with the c/c plates. Any ideas????

mojosvt
12-13-2006, 11:12 AM
I think Brian G pointed me in the right direction. Hopefully switching the top plate of the c/c plates will give me more room to play with.Thanks COBRA-R!

Cobra-R
12-13-2006, 11:39 AM
I think Brian G pointed me in the right direction. Hopefully switching the top plate of the c/c plates will give me more room to play with.Thanks COBRA-R!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You are good to go. :bounce:

Brian

bolt-on
01-07-2007, 06:59 PM
Mike,

Congratulations on the addition of the 1996 Mystic.

What caster, camber and toe settings did you decide on? While our 1997 Cobra was getting more street use; caster was 4 degrees +, camber was 1.5 degrees -; and toe was .14 degrees.

mojosvt
01-09-2007, 07:55 AM
Thanks Larry, I am really excited about this year! Those are almost the exact setting that I am currently running! Can't wait to see ya'll again in Sept!