PDA

View Full Version : I started a new job downtown

Evilcartman
12-15-2006, 07:34 AM
Well, yesterday was my first day at the new place. It is a big change going from Westchase to downtown. My previous job was very hard to leave, but money talks. Hopefully I will have a Whipple within a month and start paying my house off early. Anybody else work downtown? Iím in the Chase building at 600 Travis. Maybe we could meet for lunch?

SuperG
12-15-2006, 07:39 AM
Congrats on the new job!!Downtown is fun and full of energy...someone has a bad a$$ red SN95 across from the theater...so at lunch time go find other Cobra owners!!

Firme
12-15-2006, 07:57 AM
Congratulations Keith!!! :thumbsup: I know you liked your previous job, and the people you worked with, but you really needed to spread your wings. Pretty soon you will be after Phil with cash in hand haggling about buying the 93 back :D .

03 cobra toy
12-15-2006, 09:00 AM
Congratulations !! :thumbsup:

Levi
12-15-2006, 09:21 AM
Congratulations :thumbsup:

Don't forget us little people. ;)

97CasperCobra
12-15-2006, 09:51 AM
congrats man....:thumbsup:

jimmysidecarr
12-15-2006, 02:12 PM
Well, yesterday was my first day at the new place. It is a big change going from Westchase to downtown. My previous job was very hard to leave, but money talks. Hopefully I will have a Whipple within a month and start paying my house off early. Anybody else work downtown? Iím in the Chase building at 600 Travis. Maybe we could meet for lunch?

Congratulations Keith!! :thumbsup:

Is that the old historic building that Chase owns???(Gail works there...)

Evilcartman
12-15-2006, 06:06 PM
Congratulations Keith!! :thumbsup:

Is that the old historic building that Chase owns???(Gail works there...)

Thanks everyone. I'm pretty excited about the future.

Philly, Philly, where's that '93 at? :)

Jimmy - I'm not sure about it being the historic building. It is the tallest in Houston though at 75 stories.

jimmysidecarr
12-15-2006, 06:44 PM
Thanks everyone. I'm pretty excited about the future.

Philly, Philly, where's that '93 at? :)

Jimmy - I'm not sure about it being the historic building. It is the tallest in Houston though at 75 stories.

Oh yea ...that's right... that's the newer HUGE building!!!

Gail works on main st.... here--> http://www.tsha.utexas.edu/handbook/online/articles/GG/ccg6.html

http://www.texasescapes.com/Houston/Gulf-Building-Houston-Texas.htm

Carl G
12-15-2006, 07:18 PM
Congrats Keith, good luck in the new position :thumbsup:

foxracermenace
12-15-2006, 09:18 PM
Congrats man!
I also start a new job on monday near downtown!

97CasperCobra
12-16-2006, 01:19 AM
It is the tallest in Houston though at 75 stories.

:doubt:

"From its completion in 1929 until 1931 it was the tallest building west of the Mississippi River, and from 1929 until 1963 it dominated the skyline of Houston as its tallest building."

I think the building near the Galleria is the tallest in Houston....:dunno:

foxracermenace
12-16-2006, 09:49 AM
Houston's and Texas' tallest building, JPMorganChase Tower (305m/1,002f, 75 stories, 1981).
The building has a free observatory on the 60th floor which is opened during business hours.
:thumbsup:

Evilcartman
12-16-2006, 10:38 AM

"From its completion in 1929 until 1931 it was the tallest building west of the Mississippi River, and from 1929 until 1963 it dominated the skyline of Houston as its tallest building."

The Williams Tower is the third tallest in Houston at 64 stories, but the tallest in the nation outside of a downtown area. The Chase Tower is the tallest in Houston at 75 stories.

Link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tallest_buildings_in_the_United_States)

jimmysidecarr
12-16-2006, 01:45 PM

Mike... That quote is from the link I posted about the other Chase presence downtown.
The Gulf building is which also owned by Chase... which is what I mistakenly thought Keith meant... Chase has offices above the floor level bank... and I thought it was the Chase building... it's not... it's the Gulf building.

the (semi)full text... from --> http://www.tsha.utexas.edu/handbook/online/articles/GG/ccg6.html

"GULF BUILDING, HOUSTON. The Gulf Building is one of the preeminent Art Deco skyscrapers in the southwestern United States. Architects Alfred C. Finn, Kenneth Franzheim,qqv and J. E. R. Carpenter were commissioned in 1927 by Jesse H. Jonesqv to design a structure of strikingly modern style and commanding height.
From its completion in 1929 until 1931 it was the tallest building west of the Mississippi River, and from 1929 until 1963 it dominated the skyline of Houston as its tallest building.
The building, at Main Street and Rusk Avenue in the downtown financial and petroleum business district, is of steel frame construction, clad in Indiana limestone, supported by a six-story base, and T-shaped in plan; it carries a thirty-story tower faced with tapestry brick laid in Flemish bond."

Sorry to muddy up this thread...

Andy M
12-17-2006, 10:46 PM
Keith,

Congrats man!!!

Hey, by the way, my neighbor finally sold the little red 93 Cobra. Some guy from east TX just bought it for $11K. I saw him pass by my house the other day with it on his trailer.

I would have loved to have bought it, but I thought $11K was a bit much, given the work it needed to put it back to original condition. It sure was a great car though, given its history. One owner, never been wrecked, and no mods - ever.

Oh well... the timing just was not right for me to get it.

Anyway, congrats on the new job. By the way, who are you working for now? JPMorganChase? or someone else in that building?... just wondering?

Evilcartman
12-18-2006, 01:56 PM
Keith,

Congrats man!!!

Hey, by the way, my neighbor finally sold the little red 93 Cobra. Some guy from east TX just bought it for $11K. I saw him pass by my house the other day with it on his trailer.

I would have loved to have bought it, but I thought $11K was a bit much, given the work it needed to put it back to original condition. It sure was a great car though, given its history. One owner, never been wrecked, and no mods - ever.

Oh well... the timing just was not right for me to get it.

Anyway, congrats on the new job. By the way, who are you working for now? JPMorganChase? or someone else in that building?... just wondering?

That was a good platform to restore a car. The only damage was time.

I work for Sanders Harris Morris Group. I manage the Desktop support/Help Desk department. Currently I have 3 people working for me, but I'm looking for a 4th.

93KingCobra
12-19-2006, 01:17 PM
Congrats Keith!!!!

93Cobra-----everything is for sale for the right price :D Maybe.....It would be hard to part with it....

ORANGE CRUSH
12-28-2006, 09:53 AM
Don't let him lie to ya'll, he is working down town as a transvestite hooker.:D