PDA

View Full Version : G-tech accuracy

Blk03Venom
12-23-2006, 03:26 PM
Can anyone tell me how accurate the G-tech SS is? I'm putting up some crazy numbers.

blk04cobra1
12-23-2006, 06:09 PM
not very from what ive been told...:thumbsup:

ausie
12-24-2006, 10:53 AM
I have been wondering about that myself. The device relies on chip scale accelerometers along with filtering the spark pulses from the power supply. The device would probably have more accuracy if they also incorporated GPS into it which would provide speed and distance based on the non-military band, that would be better than relying on weather the car was moving or just burning off tires and would at least rule out vibrations from the calculated results. I was considering getting one just for a shift light but how well does it monitor RPM?

One question I would have, does it allow for you to set the vehicle weight and type of engine?

I have seen other types designed for guage pods but still have the same thoughts on them as well.

blk04cobra1
12-24-2006, 12:03 PM
If you can wait a month, SCT will have their Livewire device out and it's supposed to be like the G-tech, but also hold tunes :thumbsup:

ausie
12-24-2006, 01:19 PM
I am in no rush for the novelty items. The SCT part sounds interesting.... I do need something if I plan on returning back to the strip since watching the tach is not a good idea when you need to keep watch on where you are going.... I was considering drilling some sound holes in my helmet but that would not pass tech inspection..... :dunno: Sure a large tach mounted to the dash would help but I would rather have the unmodified look inside the car. I may frequently go to the track but I do not run the car most of the time.

I am patiently waiting for the basic warranty to run out before I begin moddifying the 04.

Blk03Venom
12-28-2006, 04:28 PM
You can put the car's weight, but not the size of the motor. You also have to calibrate the rpms and set the redline. Anyone else's thoughts on the G-tech SS?

jeffS.
01-18-2007, 03:23 PM
I think they are a little shy on the hp and tq ratings, my 04 cobra calculated me at 12.9 in the 1/4@112, my best hp was 311 and my best tq was 309. I think these cars put down 360-380hp and torque off of the showroom, and when I ran my car down the 1/4 mile in Phoenix Az. it ran 13.2 @ 108 bone stock. I've never had my car on a dyno but I'm conservatively guessing it would put down at least 430hp and maybe 440-450tq and I'd be bummed if it didn't eclipse 12.5@ 115. But that is also a different way of measuring these things, no dyno I know of could simulate a 100mph head wind. so my thought on the g-tech are as follows Repeatable hell yes, comparable of any other device for measuring hp or tq no-way. Although I think it's great for baselining parts before and after to see what if any benefits the part has done for you. great for testing bolt on parts. I love mine. I try not to use it to brag about numbers though, Although the only numbers that matter in reality are the ones on the board at the end of your run.