PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding fuel lines on 04.

ausie
01-01-2007, 03:48 PM
When I pulled off the throttle body yesterday, I noticed the vacuum line that runs off of the intake plenum runs no where. It simply connects to a plastic barrel shaped cannister and is capped off at the bottom, and there is nothing else connected to it. Basically that vacuum line is not used. I almost expected a fuel pressure regulator but there is none. Also there is an additional fuel line with a green cap on it. Any idea what I am looking at?

:rolleyes:

ausie
01-07-2007, 12:20 PM
Oops, :( I think I figured it out. The vacuum line is connected from the intake plenum and connects to one of the fuel lines. The barrel shapped part is basically a vacuum chamber of sorts and does not connect to the intake plenum as I thought, should have looked a bit closer to it than I did. The Fuel line with the green cap is probably for the evap system. I guess it is not so out of place now after taking a closer look (had more light this time).

smashedheadcat
01-07-2007, 07:01 PM
Are you talking about this joker??

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/mosconiac/VacLineCannister--Small.jpg

If so, that is just a test port for the EVAP system.

ausie
01-08-2007, 06:00 AM
Yep, That is one of the objects... The other is the fuel line with the green cap which is probably used for the same purpose. It took me a while to think about what it may be used for. I was not worried why it was there, just had no idea what it was or why.

InfamousSVT
01-08-2007, 07:25 AM
yep, that's all it's for! :thumbsup: