PDA

View Full Version : Hope I'm welcome here.

ssrogers
01-03-2007, 01:06 AM
I joined here because Tony Bolton told me that this Club has autocrosses a lot at 411 raceway near Pigeon Forge, TN.

I was at a muscle car event at 411 when Tony told me about the SVT AXs at 411. And I said, "But I have a Corvette and my friend has a Chevelle. Don't you think we would be a little out of place." And he said that they allow anything with 4 wheels. Then I said "Ok", of course, since that AX was the most addicting thing I had ever done, next to Deals Gap, or the Dragon's Tail as some of you call it. And if it's true that y'all really are that accepting of other cars, then I'd say y'all must be a pretty cool group.

And yes, I know, March 24. Hope to maybe start getting a Deal's Gap group together that same weekend the more I find out about the AX times.

Just wanted to show you. This is my little group that I got together from the muscle car event. Me, C5 Z06, S2000, Chevelle, Mustang GT, and a 600hp Grand National. You can barely see the GN, which is too bad, because it was BAD. And the S2000 is a friend of mine that lives in Knoxville. He was not at the muscle car thing, he just met us at Deals Gap.

http://photos1.blogger.com/hello/55/3348/400/06689.jpg

As far as March 24th, I'll be there and my friends in the Chevelle and the Mustang will be there and maybe another friend in his 97 SS Camaro.

Steven

(How's that for an introduction post)

cobrabitn
01-03-2007, 07:50 AM
We're glad you made it out. The 411 is a blast to run and we have a good group of guys that go out and run there.

You may also want to consider coming to our open track event as we have a lot of Corvette owners come out for that, too. It's a closed event with mostly family, friends, and new friends. :thumbsup:

Pro-Dyno
01-03-2007, 08:05 AM
Welcome aboard:)

nckissfan
01-03-2007, 09:14 AM
welcome to the boards

Corvettes are cool:thumbsup:

Angel
01-03-2007, 01:20 PM
welcome to the boards

Corvettes are cool:thumbsup:
Welcome - Props to all American Muscle. :thumbsup:

tazzracing1
01-03-2007, 05:59 PM
Welcome to the boards and enjoy your stay.

Cobra4me
01-04-2007, 09:58 PM
welcome also!!

ssrogers
01-17-2007, 04:04 AM
Well, even though 411 was the main reason I joined, I would still like to know when y'all have a gathering at Deals Gap. I think it would be cool and my friend in the picture in my first post would be in heaven around so many Cobras. So, be sure to make it really obvious when you have any kind of Deals Gap run.

Thanks,
Steven

cobrabitn
01-17-2007, 07:32 AM
Even if you tried it for one day...you would probably like our open track event on March 10, 2007 in Kershaw, SC. We usually have a group of Corvettes attend the event.

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13293

It cost more than the autocross but then you are running 30 minutes at a time vs. 62 seconds. Much more fun and the friendships keep coming! :thumbsup:

We do Deal's Gap annually for the club but locally a group goes out several times a year. This year we do the Dragon on October 14-15, 2007 right after our Mustang and Ford show at Ted Russell Ford which you and your friend are welcome to come out and check out all of the cool cars around Knoxville, TN.