PDA

View Full Version : Advice for selling please

LoveMyCobra
01-05-2007, 06:41 PM
Hello everyone and thanks for all your help in the past. Like Infamous, I need to let go of my Cobra to pay for some bills, but because it's a 'vert I've realized I'll lose a LOT if I try to sell it now, so I will wait until spring unless I get a motivated buyer before then.

Here's my options - please voice your opinion on which will likely net me the most money:

1) Sell the car with the mods on it (pulley kit, intake, polished tb, diablosport tuner, wider rear wheels/tires) OR
2) Part out the performance parts and sell them separately and return the car to stock before selling. (See my other posts as to what's for sale)

Also, will I get a lot more for the mods in the spring as well? Or should I pull them now and sell them at a slight loss for the immediate $$$. I've got them listed here, but I'm not sure if I'm not getting any interest because it's not the season or because I'm asking too much?

Any opinions or suggestions would be helpful :)

Rob

P.S. I'm not sure if this is the best forum for this, so if it needs to be moved to the right one, please do flynfink. Or if you can't move it, please PM me as to where it should go... I've saved the text.

nckissfan
01-06-2007, 12:20 PM
I always wondered this, myself. If I ever thought about selling the car, would I be better off trying to sell the mods seperately. I think it depends on the mod, and what the going "used" rate is for those, whether it is worth doing that. I think a used shifter could get a decent resale.

Mystic_Cobra
01-07-2007, 10:47 PM
Tip #1: Sell something else and keep the car. You'll regret selling the Cobra forever!
Tip #2: If you absolutely have to sell, then it depends. In general, you're better off to take the mods off and sell them separately. Most buyers (and used car value calculators) will not give you any more $$ with mods on it. The only exception would be if you find a buyer who wants exactly what you have on the car and then the additional value of the mods is likely to be less than than the installed value of the mods. Yes, it seems very silly but it seems to be true in most cases.