PDA

View Full Version : SVTOA Lone Star Round Up

JoeJ
01-11-2007, 02:03 AM
Hey Guys,

Lets all sign up for the SVTOA event at TWS on Mar 30 - April 1. It will be a blast. Spread the word and hopefully we can get a bunch of the track dogs to attend. :thumbsup: :bounce:

Larry95
01-11-2007, 08:45 AM
Joe, Don't think my experience level qualifies me as one of the "track dogs" yet, but if they're letting "track puppies" in, I'm in. It'll be a good shake down trip for the new trailer prior to the VA trip.

03 cobra toy
01-11-2007, 10:13 AM
Joe, Don't think my experience level qualifies me as one of the "track dogs" yet, but if they're letting "track puppies" in, I'm in. It'll be a good shake down trip for the new trailer prior to the VA trip.

It just takes heart to be a "Track Dog" :D

All experience levels are welcome :thumbsup:

I'm in!

Levi
01-11-2007, 11:02 AM
I wish. Y'all have fun and be safe.

97CasperCobra
01-11-2007, 12:50 PM
Price??

03 cobra toy
01-11-2007, 02:13 PM
Price??

to register:

www.svtoa.motorsportreg.com

http://www.svtoaok.com/docs/2007_Texas_Flyer_fixed_2.pdf

http://www.svtoaok.com/aspx/default.aspx

JBoden
01-11-2007, 09:08 PM
Hey Guys,

Lets all sign up for the SVTOA event at TWS on Mar 30 - April 1. It will be a blast. Spread the word and hopefully we can get a bunch of the track dogs to attend. :thumbsup: :bounce:

Great Idea Joe - I'm registered !!!!! :thumbsup:

JoeJ
02-03-2007, 07:23 PM
Hey Guys,

We need to promote the SVTOA event at TWS on March 31 & April 1. If you have any friends who want to run their car on a really neat road course, have them sign up and come out and play with us. The event is open to all makes of cars, so tell all your friends with Corvette's, Porsche's, Nissan's, or etc to sign up. I will have my 2000 SVT Cobra R there and will give anyone who is signed up a ride. (Time & space permitting!!!) :thumbsup: :bounce:

There may also be a demonstration race with some of the race prepared cars. (This is dependent on the size of the turnout for the event.)

03 cobra toy
02-04-2007, 11:36 AM
Hey Guys,

We need to promote the SVTOA event at TWS on March 31 & April 1. If you have any friends who want to run their car on a really neat road course, have them sign up and come out and play with us. The event is open to all makes of cars, so tell all your friends with Corvette's, Porsche's, Nissan's, or etc to sign up. I will have my 2000 SVT Cobra R there and will give anyone who is signed up a ride. (Time & space permitting!!!) :thumbsup: :bounce:

There may also be a demonstration race with some of the race prepared cars. (This is dependent on the size of the turnout for the event.)

2007 may be the last year we get to run at TWS.... :(

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13437

97CasperCobra
02-04-2007, 01:20 PM
Gotta work this weekend.....:(

Admiral
02-24-2007, 09:58 AM
Anybody know what config they running and what direction? I didn't see any info on the flyer, thanks!

03 cobra toy
03-09-2007, 05:16 PM
Anybody know what config they running and what direction? I didn't see any info on the flyer, thanks!

I'm 95% sure it's going to be CC

JBoden
03-09-2007, 09:43 PM
I'm 95% sure it's going to be CC

Do you know if we'll be able to get set up Friday evening ? :eek:

03 cobra toy
03-09-2007, 11:12 PM

Not sure... Maybe send Dell an email

Al C
03-09-2007, 11:30 PM

According to the event schedule there will be tech at TWS on Friday along with a meet and greet - would think setting up would be OK too

Schedule of Events:

Friday, March 30
Meet 'n Greet and Tech/Pre Registration at Texas World Speedway

Saturday, March 31
Registration/Tech Inspection
On Track Driving Activities
Threshold braking exercise

Sunday, April 1
Registration/Tech Inspection
On Track Driving Activities

Admiral
03-10-2007, 09:14 AM
Rut-roh: "Threshold braking exercise". That usually means square tires when I get finished lol. ;)

Dellcobra
03-16-2007, 11:51 AM
I will be finalizing some of the final issues with the track today--things like what time we can get in Friday evening, etc.

We will be running Counter Clockwise at this time. If we want we can change that on Sunday and go the other direction.

We do have slots open and could use more people, so continue to pass the word. If you are coming and have not signed up, please go to www.svtoa.motorsportreg.com (http://www.svtoa.motorsportreg.com) and sign up or send me and email, dellcobra@yahoo.com and let me know you are coming so that I can get the run groups finalized.

See you at the track :thumbsup: :bounce:

Dell Hughes
SVTOA Central Region Director

Mephisto
03-19-2007, 12:01 PM
I may be interested in this event. Unfortunatly my mother in law is quite ill, so I will not be able to sign up in advance. I just had to turn around on my spring break vacation and give back a rented RV only to get no refund. So if I pay another non refundable fee that I don't use I will cry.

If spots are available I will show up, perhaps for a day.

I want to thank David for thinking about me and giving me a call about this event. Things have been a bit crazy lately so I have only been lurking.

Dellcobra
03-20-2007, 10:49 AM
I may be interested in this event. Unfortunatly my mother in law is quite ill, so I will not be able to sign up in advance. I just had to turn around on my spring break vacation and give back a rented RV only to get no refund. So if I pay another non refundable fee that I don't use I will cry.

If spots are available I will show up, perhaps for a day.

I want to thank David for thinking about me and giving me a call about this event. Things have been a bit crazy lately so I have only been lurking.
Sorry to here about your mother in law. Come on out on Friday evening or even Saturday morning and sign up that will be fine with me.

Hope to see you on track.

Dell

Twice Bitten
03-20-2007, 11:12 AM
If I had a car I would sign up! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

97CasperCobra
03-20-2007, 01:16 PM
If I had a car I would sign up! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The Cobra R drives just fine with those new 4.10s..... :burnout:

Twice Bitten
03-20-2007, 01:51 PM
But it does not have the suspension to hang with the Big Track Dogs :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Evilcartman
03-20-2007, 01:55 PM
I will be there with Todd on Saturday to hang out and take pictures.

97CasperCobra
03-20-2007, 01:57 PM

IF I can get off from work then I'm there...hopefully to drive the Focus, but definately to take pictures.

Evilcartman
03-20-2007, 02:00 PM
IF I can get off from work then I'm there...hopefully to drive the Focus, but definately to take pictures.

Sweet! You can keep me company.

Twice Bitten
03-20-2007, 02:07 PM

Put that d@mn car on the track :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Evilcartman
03-20-2007, 06:26 PM
Put that d@mn car on the track :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

No desire. After the mods, I can't afford the entrance fee let alone the repairs for damages. :bounce: :bounce:

Larry95
03-20-2007, 07:44 PM
If I had a car I would sign up! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:Now who's sandbagging?

jimmysidecarr
03-20-2007, 11:14 PM
Hmmm.. :rolleyes:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v134/jimmysidecarr/Mystichrome%20SVT%20Cobra%202004/Evenflow%20mod%20and%20Blower%20swap/P3180016.jpg

OH WELL... :p
If it's done in time..... it is.
If it's not... it's not...
Can't rush this stuff.

Levi
03-21-2007, 12:03 AM
Go Jimmy, Go! :thumbsup:

Twice Bitten
03-21-2007, 02:00 AM
Now who's sandbagging?

Neither car is ready :( , plus Landons birthday party is that weekend :thumbsup:

Evilcartman
03-21-2007, 09:05 AM
Hmmm.. :rolleyes:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v134/jimmysidecarr/Mystichrome%20SVT%20Cobra%202004/Evenflow%20mod%20and%20Blower%20swap/P3180016.jpg

OH WELL... :p
If it's done in time..... it is.
If it's not... it's not...
Can't rush this stuff.

Do you need a hand this weekend? I may be able to stop by for a few hours and help get the blower on.

jimmysidecarr
03-21-2007, 04:44 PM
That sounds like a very do-able scenario... I am nearly done with my Evenflow (both heads) cooling mod.

I did notice that the weight of the Whipple is WAY heavier the the Eaton... so the lift assistance and/or any advice would be more than welcome.
I've got your cell # in my phone from the SCMC Texas directory... If it looks like a go... can I give you a call???

Evilcartman
03-21-2007, 06:01 PM
That sounds like a very do-able scenario... I am nearly done with my Evenflow (both heads) cooling mod.

I did notice that the weight of the Whipple is WAY heavier the the Eaton... so the lift assistance and/or any advice would be more than welcome.
I've got your cell # in my phone from the SCMC Texas directory... If it looks like a go... can I give you a call???

Yes, just call me. The more notice I have, the better. I may even drag a pumpkin driver along with me. Did you get my email the other day?

jimmysidecarr
03-21-2007, 07:00 PM
Yes, just call me. The more notice I have, the better. I may even drag a pumpkin driver along with me. Did you get my email the other day?

My internet just came back up yesterday... after an unfortunate lawn tractor/cable outlet altercation.. The cable outlet lost :(

So no... I have not checked emails yet...

Looks like a go though for this weekend. I'm off thurs and friday so I WILL be ready to "Whip it good" :thumbsup:

aggie97
03-21-2007, 11:38 PM
We will be running Counter Clockwise at this time. If we want we can change that on Sunday and go the other direction.

Dell Hughes
SVTOA Central Region DirectorDell, if you can make the switcheroo on Sunday, there are a few AI/CMC guys that might hook you up with some dinero! :thumbsup: That's what we are running 3 weeks later for our race weekend!!!!:D

Besides, I need to see if this beast will top 5th going the other way or I will need to use 6th or go to 3.55's!!!:cool:

Levi
03-21-2007, 11:38 PM
My internet just came back up yesterday... after an unfortunate lawn tractor/cable outlet altercation.. The cable outlet lost :(

So no... I have not checked emails yet...

Looks like a go though for this weekend. I'm off thurs and friday so I WILL be ready to "Whip it good" :thumbsup:

:rotf:

Just whip it, whip it good.

Dellcobra
03-22-2007, 10:47 AM
Dell, if you can make the switcheroo on Sunday, there are a few AI/CMC guys that might hook you up with some dinero! :thumbsup: That's what we are running 3 weeks later for our race weekend!!!!:D

Besides, I need to see if this beast will top 5th going the other way or I will need to use 6th or go to 3.55's!!!:cool:
I am looking into doing that. Should know shortly and I will post it here and then you could get the word out to the NASA guys. :bounce:

Dell

Dellcobra
03-26-2007, 01:20 PM
We will consider running clock wise on Sunday if enough people want to run it that way. So get the word out and have any NASA people who would like to come and run the track on Sunday send me an email to dellcobra@yahoo.com to show they are interested in running with us on Sunday.

Thanks

Dell

Mephisto
03-30-2007, 11:40 AM
So my run of bad luck continues. I did actualy think I could make it out this weekend, but I have torn my rotator cuff, and don't think I can race with 1 arm.

97CasperCobra
03-30-2007, 11:41 AM
So my run of bad luck continues. I did actualy think I could make it out this weekend, but I have torn my rotator cuff, and don't think I can race with 1 arm.

ouch man...if there's anything you need help with let me know man. :thumbsup:

Twice Bitten
03-30-2007, 12:04 PM

I could drive for you :D :thumbsup: :rotf:

Admiral
03-31-2007, 06:59 PM
Just came back from the track, looks like a good crowd and everyone seemed to be enjoying the fun and good weather. I was able to grab a few track sessions in my 06GT and I had a blast trying to keep the car hustling on stock tires and brakes. I'm pretty sure I need new front pads already! :D

Talk about humbling, had an instructor behind me in his rental V6 Mustang on race tires trying to pass me most of the second session lol.

Joe Johnson has too many toys! :thumbsup:

Thanks to Dell and the crew for letting me jump in for a partial day. Saw Carl, David, Andy, Joe, etc etc. Tons of beautiful cars and race machines. Great way to spend a Saturday afternoon IMHO.

AustinSVT
04-01-2007, 01:03 AM
I went out to watch and snap a few pictures, wow-
2 FR500C that had no miles on them, just breaking them in for Grand Am racing.
That black VW GTI, holy cow that car was nimble vs damn near anything but the FR500C's and 1 C6 ZO6, everything else it was passing.

Larry95
04-02-2007, 11:29 AM
Made it out and had a great time. :) Canít believe how much I have to learn about track driving or maybe itís unlearn from years of street driving. Still have to say that my car is capable of going a lot faster than I am. Some pucker factor is still there. Hats off to the SVTOAOK group for putting on a flawless event. :thumbsup: Everything went off on time and the NOVICE class room instructor and my individual instructor were both great.

03 cobra toy
04-02-2007, 04:54 PM

Sorry to see this post... I hope you get better soon :thumbsup:

03 cobra toy
04-02-2007, 04:59 PM
Made it out and had a great time. :) Canít believe how much I have to learn about track driving or maybe itís unlearn from years of street driving. Still have to say that my car is capable of going a lot faster than I am. Some pucker factor is still there. Hats off to the SVTOAOK group for putting on a flawless event. :thumbsup: Everything went off on time and the NOVICE class room instructor and my individual instructor were both great.

Track is crack :D

Admiral
04-02-2007, 05:07 PM
Wow, just found out I scored a Steeda Gift Certificate. Many thanks SVTOA and Dell Hughes!! :bounce:

(eye candy time for the 06GT lol) :thumbsup:

Larry95
04-02-2007, 07:22 PM
Track is crack :DDavid, you knew the day I came out to see you, Stan, Carl and Henry run at MSR what was going to happen. No complaints, just need to check and see if I can get a second mortgage on the house.

03 cobra toy
04-02-2007, 07:34 PM
David, you knew the day I came out to see you, Stan, Carl and Henry run at MSR what was going to happen. No complaints, just need to check and see if I can get a second mortgage on the house.

:thumbsup: I think Joe got a second mortgage :bounce:

I'm sorry I didn't get to hang out with you guys much....I had to work and pay for my track crack.

Next time you are first on the ride list. :D

Carl G
04-02-2007, 09:08 PM
Great event and well organized. The dinner Saturday night was a great way to bring everyone together and raffle off some prizes. Some things we should think about for November.It was a great weekend for me and the car with no mechanical problems for a change. Now it's time for Big Bend and maybe a new 4 mile track in Utah. :D

JoeJ
04-03-2007, 12:32 AM
Hey Guys,
Just in case you are not logged on to the SVTPerformace website, I will repeat what I say on there..Hmm..
I kind of went crazy in my old age and bought Dean Martin's #52 Grand AM back-up cup car. He was kind enough to bring it down to Texas World Speedway along with two of Jim Click's cup racers to do some tune and testing before their next race at Homestead. Oh my, what a nice car. I got a chance to run it during several sessions and in the demo race on Sunday. It drives very much like my Cobar R except it is a bunch lighter and of course it is a real race car with all the safety and racing equipment required to run in the Grand AM Koni Challenge. I got a bunch of ribbing about having three cars there..I had my 2007 Shelby Mustang GT, the 2000 Cobra R, and the cup car present on Saturday. I will probably cut back on running the Cobra R so much now and concentrate on learning how to drive the cup car. A couple of pictures of the car is at http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375717

97CasperCobra
04-03-2007, 12:59 AM
I kind of went crazy in my old age and bought Dean Martin's #52 Grand AM back-up cup car.

I'm sure a LOT of us wish we were as crazy as you Joe!!!! Can't wait to see the Grand Am cup car and you behind the wheel!!! Would have loved to have seen those cars go around the track!!!

Dellcobra
04-03-2007, 10:45 AM
What a weekend. Weather started off to look bad, but Saturday morning, after a late start, turned out perfect and the rest of the day was sunny. Sunday was perfect day for on track. Warm enough for the track to be warm, but not too hot.

Looking into using the same weekend again next year. I will keep you posted.

Dell

JBoden
04-03-2007, 08:54 PM
Great event Dell - congrats to your team!

We had a blast. :eek:

Evilcartman
04-03-2007, 11:58 PM
What a weekend. Weather started off to look bad, but Saturday morning, after a late start, turned out perfect and the rest of the day was sunny. Sunday was perfect day for on track. Warm enough for the track to be warm, but not too hot.

Looking into using the same weekend again next year. I will keep you posted.

Dell

Thanks Dell. Thanks for getting Todd and myself tickets for the BBQ at the last minute. I enjoyed the event and hopefully in a few days I will have my pictures posted up.