PDA

View Full Version : Safety Equipment Requirements???

Slowleen
01-13-2007, 03:19 PM
I was curious as to what safety equipment requirements there were for your road race events such as VIR and CMP that you have coming up?

Thx
Tim

Levi
01-25-2007, 08:39 PM
If your racing, itís the rules of the sanction you will be running under that will determine what you will need. SCCA, NASA, etc. If itís open track, itís will be a PRE-EVENT TECHNICAL INSPECTION FORM check list of the club or event that will determine what you will need.

cobrabitn
01-25-2007, 11:35 PM
First let me clarify that we do not do wheel to wheel racing at our events. We have controlled passing and instructors to introduce newbies to the hobby.

If you plan to attend one of our events then you will need an SA 00 rated helmet or better (no motorcycle helmets please), a complete inspection done on your vehicle to include brake fluid flushing and at least a half pad life on your brakes prior to the event. I always replace pads with new ones every year and check the rotors for warping and heat cracks. You will also need a good set of tires to run on the track.

An open mind to learn more about your vehicle. Some people don't want to listen and think they can drive their car better than anyone but we find that to be the exception rather than the rule. These events are set up so you can enjoy driving your car in a controlled environment and learn how to better handle your vehicle out on the street. You'd be surprised how much you can learn by attending a driving school. Many people think that the cost is too much but if you got one ticket out on the street for speeding, that ticket can easily exceed the cost of driving on the track for one day. Pay the state or pay the entry fee, not a difficult choice to make if you ask me.