PDA

View Full Version : Whipple question

Big T
01-14-2007, 06:14 PM
I'm ordering my polished 2.3L whipple this week and I wanted to know what is the most boost I can run on pump gas. I have a 2# lower pulley and I'm thinking about using the 3.5 upper that comes with the whipple. I want about 600 rwhp. Will this be enough?

InfamousSVT
01-14-2007, 07:07 PM
I'm ordering my polished 2.3L whipple this week and I wanted to know what is the most boost I can run on pump gas. I have a 2# lower pulley and I'm thinking about using the 3.5 upper that comes with the whipple. I want about 600 rwhp. Will this be enough?

You can run up to around 21psi on pump gas with a safe tune, just make sure you get a GOOD tune. The longevity for these cars depends greatly on the air/fuel and the tune is the answer.

I persoanly have the new Whipple on my car running 15psi and my car made 525rwhp and 518rwtq on a Mustang Dyno. Typically these will convert to around 585rwhp and 575rwtq on a Dyno-Jet. My pulley combo is the 3.5 upper and 4lb lower, I have a very safe tune in my car with a 10.5 a/f up top. I could lean it out and get every bit of possible power out of the car, but why drive a ticking time boom just for a few more hp. Dyno's are a tuning machine used to get the best gain for the mods, remember it's just a number. But saying you have 600rwhp is nice too! :thumbsup:

Good luck!

jimmysidecarr
01-14-2007, 11:03 PM
Fuel delivery is a critical issue also... you can tune for fuel but the system must be able to deliver what the tune asks for.

The dual Ford GT pumps and dual FPDM is an elegantly simple and effective solution. It should be accompanied by the wire up grade and modded fuel pump hat. I am looking at this fuel delivery solution at this time also. A pre-made harness is available and reasonably priced. :thumbsup:

ausie
01-15-2007, 06:44 AM
Along with the fuel pump upgrade, do not forget to upgrade the injectors too.

Big T
01-15-2007, 08:29 PM
Yeah I plan on getting 60# inj and a BAP or fuel pumps. I may stick with the 3.5 upper and my 2# lower until I can get a good dyno tune and then really open it up with some more boost. I currently have a really good tune with Amazon from the dyno day we had in N.O. last year. Thanks for the responses guys!

Sonic03inSC
01-16-2007, 04:15 PM
Yeah I plan on getting 60# inj and a BAP or fuel pumps. I may stick with the 3.5 upper and my 2# lower until I can get a good dyno tune and then really open it up with some more boost. I currently have a really good tune with Amazon from the dyno day we had in N.O. last year. Thanks for the responses guys!
I run 17psi for the DD, 3.0 upper
You also need MAF or a Mafia
the BAP is proven and is good for 700rwhp with stock pumps.
You will also need to take the PPRV out of the tank, well some do and some don't need to. You also need to retune for the inj., BAP, MAF just to get it to run right.

blk04cobra1
01-16-2007, 04:24 PM
If it were me, I'd do twin GT40 pumps, 60# injectors and a SCT 2800 MAF (or a Mafia)...600 on pump is no problem so long as it's tuned right (as stated above)

Sonic03inSC
01-16-2007, 04:35 PM
Here is a good read on BAP vs GT pumps
http://www.modularfords.com/forums/2003-2004-mustang-cobra/bap-or-dual-gt-pumps-70464-2.html?highlight=BAP

Linn@Amazon
01-17-2007, 02:17 PM

we are going to be coming back down soon if you want to get in on another tuning day..

Big T
01-17-2007, 11:19 PM
we are going to be coming back down soon if you want to get in on another tuning day..
Definitely! I'll call you guys. Thanks

Big T
01-24-2007, 11:10 PM
Thanks for the input guys. I'm just waiting . It should be here in about a week. I got a good deal at LFP. $3420 for the polished whipple.

blk04cobra1
01-25-2007, 10:42 AM
that is a good deal...they quoted me that price and we're supposed to be dealers for LFP :rolleyes:

Big T
01-25-2007, 11:18 PM
that is a good deal...they quoted me that price and we're supposed to be dealers for LFP :rolleyes:
Yeah, I was going to wait for the new model but I couldn't pass up the price. I figure I will be very happy with the power of this model as opposed to the new whipple's, but I'm sure I'll be looking for some more down the road.