PDA

View Full Version : It may seem silly... but I have wanted to do this for the longest time!

jimmysidecarr
01-14-2007, 06:59 PM
It may seem silly... but I have wanted to do this for the longest time!

Cruise the INTERNET and smoke a cigar at the same time! :spimpin: :cheers: (We don't allow smoking inside the house)

I am currently posting this from my garage... "Amid billowing clouds of premium second hand smoke"!!

One of my Christmas presents this year was an HP Pavilion dv6 135 entertainment notebook laptop. :thumbsup: A WIRELESS LAPTOP!!! Wireless router, and a Sony video camera(30 gig hard drive). It appears to be a pretty darn nice unit!

I am looking forward to making editing and watching track vids!! :bounce:

I am also looking forward to being able to make lengthy data logs, to verify the safety of my tune parameters and different sensor readings that may get overlooked while I'm too busy tracking to look at certain gauges.

Plus adjusting tune settings and such will be easier too!!! After I email my logs to whatever tuner I end up choosing of course!!

So I thought I'd post up this little development... just to stay in touch.
I'll be restarting my meds soon and now I can read or post from any room in the house... Even in BED!!!

Sorry I've been such a recluse lately. The holidays kept me pretty busy as I'm sure a lot of "Y'all" were too. Plus my dad died after Christmas and I drove my little family back home to Syracuse for the funeral, wife, daughter, grand daughter, and both (large) dogs!!!

I'm looking forward to having a little blower removal party soon so post up if you are interested.
It won't be any big bash or anything just a little get together to see my garage set up and house and such. And of course to help me lift off that heavy Eaton blower and lower manifold. ;)
I'm flexible on the dates as it may take more than one get together to do what I have planned.
I plan on removing the hood to facilitate access and the rad will be off too so we might be able to stand right in the engine bay during "lift off".

On a side note........This cigar should be gone in time for me to watch the 24 premier!!! :thumbsup:

Levi
01-14-2007, 09:40 PM
Sorry to hear about your dad. My grandmother passed away over the new years. It's hard starting out the new year with a lose of a loved one. I guess it's never easy, but right at the first of the year it's just not easy to be happy and be in a party type mood. :(

I'm in to help with the blower removel get together. I too got a new HP DV9 laptop at the end of this last year and have enjoyed surfing from home. :cool:

AirForce1
01-14-2007, 09:48 PM
sorry to hear about your father jimmy. I might be able to come and help.:thumbsup: I have been bussy as well. Getting closer to getting the car back:thumbsup:.

93KingCobra
01-14-2007, 10:26 PM
I'm in for helping as well Jimmy!!! Just name the time and date :thumbsup:

Really sorry to hear about your dad.. :(

Bartman01
01-14-2007, 10:36 PM
I'm looking forward to having a little blower removal party soon

I'll help if I am around.

jimmysidecarr
01-14-2007, 10:52 PM
Thanks guys!
He was a great guy... he taught me a lot about life and how important family is... he is missed... but surely NOT forgotten.

In preparation I will probably drain the cooling system and remove the hood, rad and H/E first.
Then solder my injector pigtails.

I'll make sure and take lots of before and after pics... they come in handy when it comes time to put things back together.

For those who enjoy them... plenty of FAT cigars!!! and perhaps some of my favorite micro brews to sample afterward. :cheers:

I have The Family Truckster to drive so down time is not an issue.
http://www.ajga.org/Newsletter/TheAJGALink/8-5-05/images/Truckster.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v134/jimmysidecarr/jimmy_needs_a_cobra_sig.jpg

When I say I'm flexible on the date... I truly mean it!

97CasperCobra
01-15-2007, 02:06 AM
Sorry to hear of both of y'alls losses. :(

Jimmy, count me in to help give a hand if I can. Lifeguard training will be starting soon, but if I can I'd love to help out and hang out with everyone. :thumbsup:

Firme
01-15-2007, 07:19 AM
Jimmy and Stan, my condolonces to the both of you and your families. :(

Jimmy, you hooked me with or those who enjoy them... plenty of FAT cigars!!! :D

J/K, If I am able to make it, I will be glad to help.

Andy M
01-15-2007, 08:39 AM
Jimmy,

So sorry to hear about your father!! :( Stan, likewise, sorry to hear about the passing of your grandfather! :(

I know what you are going through. It is not an easy thing to lose a parent, or anyone you love dearly for that matter. I lost my father 11 years ago to cancer. His birthday is coming up on the 21st. He would have been 81. I miss him dearly.

This is a time, more than ever, to be close to the ones you love and who love you. Nothing is more important in the world than surrounding yourself with the ones who matter.

To everyone else... make sure you live each day as if it were your last. Don't let a minute go by without letting the ones you love know how you feel. Life is just too damned short!

03 cobra toy
01-15-2007, 09:37 AM
My condolonces to the both of you guys.

To everyone else... make sure you live each day as if it were your last. Don't let a minute go by without letting the ones you love know how you feel. Life is just too damned short!

Very true ! :thumbsup:

Evilcartman
01-15-2007, 08:11 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss Jimmy.

On the mod note. Todd, Scott, Gimp and I just finished my Kb 2.6 install. It was a full three day event. Nothing like the 2.3 Whipple install we did twice on Nichols car. I'm just purging the coolant now trying to get the air out. This Saturday I'm headed to Triangle for the tune. If the blower install is in a while away, I'm interested in the party, but as for right now, I blower-ed out.

bat-stang
01-15-2007, 09:45 PM
The Batman is IN on the blower party!

What a legacy--To have the unique opportunity to perpetuate the seeds of character and integrity, planted by a personal hero! I hope your father's homegoing celebration was just that--a CELEBRATION!
Batman:thumbsup:

Angel
01-16-2007, 02:04 PM
My condolonces to the both of you guys.

Very true ! :thumbsup:
Sympathy to each of you. When i lost my Grandfather (he was like a Dad to me) it was tough to see him go. Life is indeed short. On the positive side of things, celebrate the good life you all shared and take joy in it. :thumbsup: