PDA

View Full Version : 94 Cobra rattling noise

ggrab
01-20-2007, 12:08 AM
My '94 Cobra has had an extremely annoying rattling noise that seemed to be coming from the trunk. I finally tracked it down last night - it was the 3rd brake light rattling inside the spoiler. I pulled the light out and threw away the excuse for a gasket that was around the light. I replaced it with some 1/16" thick double sided adhesive foam tape (my company uses it to seal glass in window frames in the factory). I also put some single side tape around the access cover plate. The rattle is finally gone. I thought I'd share this in case anyone else has a similar noise that they can't find.

cobrabitn
01-20-2007, 12:12 AM
Excellent George! Maybe you can do a newsletter article on one of your "how to" techniques.... would be cool... :cool:

ggrab
01-21-2007, 12:47 PM
I suppose I could attempt to put something together. Email me and I'll tell you the things I've repaired and/or replaced. Maybe you'll see something that could be of interest.

cobrabitn
01-21-2007, 11:43 PM
Send me a list of articles you can do and we'll get Jim to put them in the newsletter. mrmach@cetlink.net thanks! :thumbsup: