PDA

View Full Version : TWS is for Sale

SuperG
01-26-2007, 07:21 PM
Well, with Dick's passing, the track is up for sale...I think we can talk them down a little, though.

Who wants in?

http://www.roadracingworld.com:80/news/article/?article=27994

Levi
01-26-2007, 09:42 PM
I just hope whom ever purchases it does not redevelop it into a housing community.

Twice Bitten
01-27-2007, 09:35 AM
It does not matter what the track cost to build 37 years ago, it only matters what shape it in today, and what it would take to get it up to being a top notch facility. Also the amount of income one could generate from owning is the primary factor of buying the track. Seeing how new home construction is booming everywhere, do not be surprised to see a neighborhood there in the near future. :(

SuperG
01-27-2007, 10:46 AM
It does not matter what the track cost to build 37 years ago, it only matters what shape it in today, and what it would take to get it up to being a top notch facility. Also the amount of income one could generate from owning is the primary factor of buying the track. Seeing how new home construction is booming everywhere, do not be surprised to see a neighborhood there in the near future. :(
You're exactly right...It would be interesting what a developer would consider to buy that area PLUS the cost of removal!! At the asking price, that's $18k per acre. If you wanted to keep the track for events, what would it cost to smooth out some rough spots and turn it into a club like MSR? Of course, you can run it as is, which I certainly wouldn't complain about!

Hmmm...assuming 52 weekend events (using this to account for race teams and track rentals) at the equivalent full price ($275) and 60 participants...that's roughly $850k in revenue. I wonder how close that is? Then of course, how much does it cost to run including personnel and taxes?

OK, how about we offer $7 million? That's only 70 people with $100k each...

jimmysidecarr
01-29-2007, 08:55 PM
When I was active in Ice Racing ... our club's primary operating expense was not plowing the course on the lakes each weekend ....

It was THE LIABILITY INSURANCE!!!

It was VERY EXPENSIVE!!!

I would have to assume when SCMC runs at a track we are running on the track's insurance carrier... since the entry fee's are somewhat reasonable.