PDA

View Full Version : Need 3 Engines

redsnake99
02-04-2007, 03:50 PM
My 99 Cobra with 165000 miles needs a new or refurbished engine. I'm told the best bet would be an 03 or 04 Mustang Mach 1 engine. I could then bolt on the extra stuff from my 99 4-valve onto the new one. Anyone know a good source?

Also need two 5-liter V8's to replace the 91 Mustang LX and my 96 Explorer engines. What's the best source there? Both of the ones I have are now over 250,000 miles of service, but showing signs of trouble.

Dave Stanfield, dstanfield@nc.rr.com

Big Daddy
02-04-2007, 04:07 PM
Damn Dave sorry to hear the whole families giving up their hearts at the same time!! ;) Are you looking for new engines or something from a wreck? If you're looking new try VT engines or Modular Powerhouse if looking for something pulled out of a wreck I don't know. :( Good luck with your search!! :thumbsup:

qwik huh
02-06-2007, 07:44 PM
I have a new FRPP Mach 1 crate engine with less then 3000 miles on it for sale. FRPP sells them for $6500 I am asking $4500 for it. I have receipts, etc and it was purchased back in October 2006. It was installed in a 99 Cobra so all the small harness changes were already made so you can drop it right in. You can email me at gr8pony@comcast.net if interested. I have lots of other parts I can sell with it too....alum flywheel, clutch, headers, cold air kit, etc. I am new here but have lots of references from Ebay, Corral, Superstallions, etc. I would also take your blown motor plus $3500 if you were interested in that

scottmartin
02-07-2007, 08:30 PM
Go to karkraft.com they have some great deals. Scott

winddysvt
02-09-2007, 09:50 PM
My 99 Cobra with 165000 miles needs a new or refurbished engine. I'm told the best bet would be an 03 or 04 Mustang Mach 1 engine. I could then bolt on the extra stuff from my 99 4-valve onto the new one. Anyone know a good source?

Also need two 5-liter V8's to replace the 91 Mustang LX and my 96 Explorer engines. What's the best source there? Both of the ones I have are now over 250,000 miles of service, but showing signs of trouble.

Dave Stanfield, dstanfield@nc.rr.com

Hey Dave -

we have an SVT Contour engine.....

:rolleyes: ;) :D

just kiddin....

Hope your doin' good...
and, I hope to see you again sometime this year!

:thumbsup: :bounce:

redsnake99
02-10-2007, 12:36 AM
Bonny, check with the Grand Poohbah to see if he wants it for his track Cobra.

Yes, I'm fine. My girlfriend and I will be in Chicago Tuesday thru Fiday of next week. I'll give you a call.

I did buy two engines from people who responded to my post this past week.

winddysvt
02-12-2007, 07:46 PM
Bonny, check with the Grand Poohbah to see if he wants it for his track Cobra.

Yes, I'm fine. My girlfriend and I will be in Chicago Tuesday thru Fiday of next week. I'll give you a call.

I did buy two engines from people who responded to my post this past week.
Hey Dave -

we will be at the Auto show on Friday

any chance on seeing you there?

redsnake99
02-12-2007, 09:06 PM
I'd like to get there, just don't know which night. It would have to be after 6 PM.

winddysvt
02-13-2007, 02:55 PM
I'd like to get there, just don't know which night. It would have to be after 6 PM.

Dave -

we are going early because we have to be back here by 6:00 on Friday... -

we have a funeral and a wake... My friends Dad passed away on Saturday. He was in his 80's and no longer coherent. He isnt suffering anymore, so thats a good thing...

but still sad all the same. I knew him since I was little.... :(

redsnake99
02-16-2007, 05:36 PM
Bonny & Tim,

Sorry we couldn't make it to Chitown. Snow, flights canceled, etc. We rescheduled our class to Orlando.