PDA

View Full Version : longtube question

nckissfan
02-05-2007, 06:29 PM
Hey, there is someone selling some ceramic BBK longtubes, and matching catted H pipe on svtperformance. They came off of a sn95, that had a blown(busted) motor. Will blowing a motor effect the quality of the headers? The guy asks for an offer, and I am unsure of how much. I don't want to over offer, but I don't want to under offer either.

any help?.......thanks:thumbsup:

Larry95
02-05-2007, 07:23 PM
Shouldn't matter blown or NA as long as the fuel/air ratio is within reason. (i.e. not overly rich)

cobrapace94
02-05-2007, 08:25 PM
Should not matter that the motor was blown.
Remember that long tubes are not emissions legal.

nckissfan
02-05-2007, 11:28 PM
Shouldn't matter blown or NA as long as the fuel/air ratio is within reason. (i.e. not overly rich)
blown as in blowed up is what I meant by that, sorry for the misunderstanding

nckissfan
02-05-2007, 11:29 PM
Remember that long tubes are not emissions legal.ok, thanks.

from what I have read, if I have cats, it should not effect emissions. I guess each state could be different

ok, the guy says that one of the front ports for the air pump hook ups is cross threaded. Does anyone know if that is easily fixable? I think I can get these for pretty cheap. Worth a shot? or would I be wasting my money?

Big Daddy
02-07-2007, 11:16 AM
Remember that long tubes are not emissions legal.

Where are long tubes not emissions legal??? I have long tubes and I have an emissions legal exhaust according to the state of NC. I have even had the State DOT inspector look at my car and approve it. It was hooked up to the ODBCII connector also to read the codes and I passed. Maybe in TX they have emission laws that state that you can't have long tubes but in NC there aren't any. :thumbsup:

tazzracing1
02-07-2007, 11:34 AM
Legal here in Michigan we don't have emissions testing yet. I'm sure every state is different.

tgentry
02-08-2007, 03:20 PM
The cross threaded fittings should be easily repairable, probably just running a tap through them.

I have BBK long tubes and hate them. Trans/clutch work becomes a major PITA with them installed. I would look for some of the newer long tube designs that allow trans removal or go with shortys. Just my two hundredths of a dollar.

Big Daddy
02-09-2007, 09:21 AM
I have BBK long tubes and hate them. Trans/clutch work becomes a major PITA with them installed. I would look for some of the newer long tube designs that allow trans removal or go with shortys. Just my two hundredths of a dollar.

I have to agree, looking back now I wish I had gone shorty instead of my long tubes. The longs sound BAAAAD but the hassels just aren't worth it.