PDA

View Full Version : 03 Cobra Advice...

03cobra4me
02-08-2007, 10:38 AM
OK, I finally got my 03 cobra after months of debating...its completely stock and I was wondering what should be my first upgrades...I dont want to spend LOTS of money but just some basic parts (intake, exhaust, tuner, throttle body) Im not looking to put a new supercharger on it but I have been told that I should get new pullys...Can anyone help me here? Possibly some suggested web sites? :thumbsup:

Linn@Amazon
02-08-2007, 12:30 PM
start out with a CAI and exhaust...then a smaller blower pulley and custom dyno tune..there are many product to choice from but getting a straight in air source for the CAI is the best choice unless you get a JLT..exhaust is going to be a person preference on how you want it to look and sound..you are going to get opinions all over the board when it comes to exhaust..you just have to hear and see them in person if possible to decide..that will be enough to put a huge smile on your face..for now :thumbsup:

we use Riechard Racing and Metco pulleys and either Diablosport or SCT for tuning..

Pro-Dyno
02-09-2007, 09:07 AM
+1:thumbsup:

start out with a CAI and exhaust...then a smaller blower pulley and custom dyno tune..there are many product to choice from but getting a straight in air source for the CAI is the best choice unless you get a JLT..exhaust is going to be a person preference on how you want it to look and sound..you are going to get opinions all over the board when it comes to exhaust..you just have to hear and see them in person if possible to decide..that will be enough to put a huge smile on your face..for now :thumbsup:

we use Riechard Racing and Metco pulleys and either Diablosport or SCT for tuning..

jimbo68gt
03-08-2007, 02:26 PM
OK, I finally got my 03 cobra after months of debating...its completely stock and I was wondering what should be my first upgrades...I dont want to spend LOTS of money but just some basic parts (intake, exhaust, tuner, throttle body) Im not looking to put a new supercharger on it but I have been told that I should get new pullys...Can anyone help me here? Possibly some suggested web sites? :thumbsup:
I was in the same spot. I did a CAI(JLT), and exhaust. And got it tuned/dyno'd. Before the tune, I was at 369 at the wheels. After the tune, 417. He said the next step would be the pulley and different meter. The CAI, exhaust(bassani) and tune cost me $1400. Hope this helps.

ausie
03-10-2007, 02:06 PM
What ever you do, CAI, Exhaust, make sure it will pass the strict mandates of CA first before buying. A free flowing exhaust will increase fuel milage as well as free up some HP by reducting the exhaust restrictions. Not sure if the parts have to be CARB certified for use in CA or not. JLT CAI would be my recommendation. Before you pulley the supercharger, get used to the car first in stock form.

BIGV
03-16-2007, 08:46 PM
SFC's and springs are a must your car will handle so much better. Also Some more rubber in the back for better traction. Remember more power is fun but with the increased power your car should be prepared to handle it.

JROC
03-17-2007, 05:29 AM
Full length Subframe connectors + Mustangs built on the Fox platform = Heaven.

I shall be getting some soon. :thumbsup: