PDA

View Full Version : grillcraft grills ... expensive, but worth it!

puzzle13
02-13-2007, 03:24 PM
Hey guys ... there was a thread in the past concerning grills for the 03 & 04 Cobras to fit into the radiator space and the heat exchanger space. I know the Grillcraft grills are expensive ( I believe around $250.00 per set ), but they will pay for themselves! I went to VIR this past weekend and ran the full course. The lower grill saved my LFP heat exchanger which cost much more than the grills. I would have been sitting for half of Sundays runs if I didn't have the grills. I have also had something hit my radiator grill in the past and radiators are not cheap. Just info for you guys.

blk04cobra1
02-13-2007, 03:27 PM
looks good...what hit the grill? you didnt run off course did you? :bounce:

puzzle13
02-13-2007, 03:35 PM
:woooah::woooah::woooah::woooah::woooah::woooah::woooah::woooah::woooah::woooah::woooah::woooah::woo oah::woooah::woooah::woooah::woooah::woooah::woooah::woooah::woooah::woooah::woooah::woooah::woooah: :woooah::woooah:

I am not sure what hit the grill. It happened on Sunday sometime in the morning. Yes, I actually did go off track on Saturday ... the second session, and my car caught the grass on fire. :mad: Not a big deal (little fire), but they did pull everyone in for about 5 minutes as it was put out. I guess my car has something about fires!:D

tazzracing1
02-13-2007, 05:13 PM
I made my own last year just for that reason.

ausie
02-14-2007, 05:23 AM
Do you have a picture of the upper air dam for the radiator? I see your point and now I am considering this for my 04. :thumbsup:

SuperG
02-14-2007, 08:50 AM
:woooah::woooah::woooah::woooah::woooah::woooah::woooah::woooah::woooah::woooah::woooah::woooah::woo oah::woooah::woooah::woooah::woooah::woooah::woooah::woooah::woooah::woooah::woooah::woooah::woooah: :woooah::woooah:

I am not sure what hit the grill. It happened on Sunday sometime in the morning. Yes, I actually did go off track on Saturday ... the second session, and my car caught the grass on fire. :mad: Not a big deal (little fire), but they did pull everyone in for about 5 minutes as it was put out. I guess my car has something about fires!:D
Yikes! Sounds eerily familiar!!

puzzle13
02-14-2007, 05:25 PM
Do you have a picture of the upper air dam for the radiator? I see your point and now I am considering this for my 04. :thumbsup:I will take one and post it for you. You can look at my car under member cars and I believe it shows both.

ausie
02-15-2007, 05:59 AM
I will have to take a look while at work, my dial up is too slow and did not see any pictures.....:(

Considering what happened to the grill, makes me wonder what would have become of the heat exchanger if you did not have it....

blk04cobra1
02-15-2007, 08:52 PM
I guess my car has something about fires!:D
and being dropped off lifts :shtowned:

puzzle13
02-16-2007, 02:09 AM
and being dropped off lifts :shtowned:You just can't find a good reputable garage anywhere that you can trust! If they don't catch it on fire they drop it or something. :touche:

Skitzerman
02-26-2007, 11:43 PM
I took a rock through the radiator two years ago. Got the grills, problem gone. The grills do change the look of the car but I got used to it. I don't want to have to replace another radiator or my LFP HE.