PDA

View Full Version : Engine Help..

BLUE_SVT_COBRA
02-18-2007, 08:25 PM
Hey I was wondering if anyone could help me out, I was really trying to do a project car. I have a 2000 Mustang V-6 that is my wifes car but I want to see if I can drop a cobra motor in it to be sort of a sleeper car. The only thing is I want to find someone that can do the switch out of the motors and let me know what all I need to do this and not try to scam me. Please let me know if anyone can help me out. Thanks so much.

Jon

blk04cobra1
02-18-2007, 09:12 PM
Jon, what kind of budget are you working with? The swap can be done, but the key is finding the motor, wiring harness, tranny for a reasonable price...you'd also want to consider swapping out a few other parts as well, but those can be addressed at another time...IMO, i'd look in to a GT motor b/c it would save you a little money...let me know if you have any other questions :thumbsup:

BLUE_SVT_COBRA
02-18-2007, 11:30 PM
I figured the motor, tranny and cpu would have to be swapped out, I am trying to get someone to do it is the thing and it done RIGHT..lol you know what I mean. I have not really set a budget I know it can be pricey but I will start looking for a motor an the other stuff. I found a place online called Prestige Mustang.com they have tons of nice cobras and gts that are parted out, so i was going to talk to them to see whats up. Anyone needing parts should definately go through them, but let me know if you or anyone can help out on the rest. thanks againJon

blk04cobra1
02-19-2007, 11:17 PM
I figured the motor, tranny and cpu would have to be swapped out, I am trying to get someone to do it is the thing and it done RIGHT..lol you know what I mean. I have not really set a budget I know it can be pricey but I will start looking for a motor an the other stuff. I found a place online called Prestige Mustang.com they have tons of nice cobras and gts that are parted out, so i was going to talk to them to see whats up. Anyone needing parts should definately go through them, but let me know if you or anyone can help out on the rest. thanks againJon
We can definitely help with the rest...i'll look around for a used motor/tranny setup and let you know if i find anything, they are out there, just not very common...other things to consider are the rearend, b/c it will most definitely not hold the new found power:bounce:

blueblazes
03-06-2007, 12:47 AM
honestly you would be better off trading the v6 in getting 03 cobra <assuming you want this cobra motor> and making it look like v6 heh. Some of these motor/tran/cpu are going for 5-8k dollars. Not taking into account the fuel support side of things.

Then look at getting alot of the little nick nacks like the heat exchanger/lines, h/e pump.

If you really wanted to go this route you might as well buy a whole cobra thats been totaled

cobrabitn
03-06-2007, 08:52 AM
I agree with Blue Blazes!