PDA

View Full Version : Dyno results

Evilcartman
02-18-2007, 09:15 PM
Ok, well now I think my mods are complete, besides replacing the stock clutch. Anyway, I was just curious what you guys have seen in the past with dyno results. At Triangle, my car made 552 RWHP and 533 RWTQ with the new Kenne Bell 2.6L. During the tune, one of my rear tires was low, about 8-10 PSI. I heard that makes a difference on dyno numbers, making them lower. Has anyone actually seen this before? Being that I have new tires, and they are 18's, they didn't look low, so I didn't notice. I actually got Discount to fix the leak this weekend, so it shouldn't be an issue, I'm just curious if anyone has seen lower numbers due to a small thing like tire pressure.

Twice Bitten
02-18-2007, 09:23 PM
I had to lower tire pressure before to keep tires from spinning on the dyno, so I am not sure if that would keep the numbers lower or not. :dunno:

Carl G
02-19-2007, 08:06 PM
Keith based on the mods you have for the 03 I think you are in line. I would not expect to get much more unless you run a leaner air fuel and we all know what happens with that :eek: What size pully? How many pounds of boost?

Evilcartman
02-19-2007, 08:25 PM
Keith based on the mods you have for the 03 I think you are in line. I would not expect to get much more unless you run a leaner air fuel and we all know what happens with that :eek: What size pully? How many pounds of boost?

Yeah, I'm really not worried about the numbers, just more curious. I have the 3.5/18lb pulley on it and it only produces about 16 at 6,500 rpm. It does keep pulling and my guess would be that at 7,000 rpm it would be at least 18 psi. I blame this on stock manifolds, but I'm fine with it. I don't want more power, but the car feels stronger than 552, which is only 110 more than I had before with the 2.93 pulley. I'm just curious how accurate the numbers are.

Carl G
02-20-2007, 07:22 PM
Yeah, I'm really not worried about the numbers, just more curious. I have the 3.5/18lb pulley on it and it only produces about 16 at 6,500 rpm. It does keep pulling and my guess would be that at 7,000 rpm it would be at least 18 psi. I blame this on stock manifolds, but I'm fine with it. I don't want more power, but the car feels stronger than 552, which is only 110 more than I had before with the 2.93 pulley. I'm just curious how accurate the numbers are.

What;s the air fuel ratio?

Evilcartman
02-20-2007, 09:50 PM
What;s the air fuel ratio?

11.2-11.9

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/2531/7102/145439.jpg

Twice Bitten
02-21-2007, 11:22 AM
Looking at the dyno sheet, makes me think you have to much blower for a stock engine(IMHO). It looks a lot like my dyno sheet from the initial dyno run when I had the 3.3l whipple on the '03. The engine does not have enough power to get the full benefit of a twin screw blower on the low end of the rpm range.

Evilcartman
02-21-2007, 12:13 PM
Looking at the dyno sheet, makes me think you have to much blower for a stock engine(IMHO). It looks a lot like my dyno sheet from the initial dyno run when I had the 3.3l whipple on the '03. The engine does not have enough power to get the full benefit of a twin screw blower on the low end of the rpm range.

That is about what Triangle said also. Im fine with that because the blower runs very cool, spins slower, and leaves room for future mods. It is kinda weird that this is the smallest KB you can by now. I know I could have bought the non H model, but I was interested in the lower temps that the H produces. Im very happy with the power and dont need anymore right now with all the stock parts I have, but I was just curious about my results.

Twice Bitten
02-21-2007, 12:43 PM
Remember that a Mustang Dyno usually reads lower on the horsepower numbers than does a Dynojet. Bring the car out for the next dyno day and see what it reads.

97CasperCobra
02-21-2007, 12:57 PM
I wish KB made a 2.6L for the 96-98s......:(

Evilcartman
02-21-2007, 01:51 PM
Remember that a Mustang Dyno usually reads lower on the horsepower numbers than does a Dynojet. Bring the car out for the next dyno day and see what it reads.

That is what I plan on doing after I get a new clutch. Either way, 553 is plenty for me.

jimmysidecarr
02-21-2007, 08:03 PM
That car has got to be an animal!!!

So I thought it was a good time for a good ole thread highjack!!!

Since you are most likely going to be blowing through tires like there's no tomorrow(I know I have a problem in that area even on stock boost.... After the "Whip comes down" all bets are off!!!........lol!!!)

I'm thinking about getting a set of 10.5 chromie replicas... and a set of inexpensive 335/35R17 street tires(not drag radials) so I can have at least... a little better .....grip on the streets.

I was looking at these...
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Sumitomo&tireModel=HTR+Z

http://www.tirerack.com/images/tires/sumitomo/su_htr_z.jpg

$99.00 to Joe Blow off the street at tire rack!!!
For that money I can burn em up like a school kid!!!

I can get them even cheaper through my Tire Rack wholesale account at work... plus freight of course...

Evilcartman
02-22-2007, 12:17 PM

Since you are most likely going to be blowing through tires like there's no tomorrow(I know I have a problem in that area even on stock boost.... After the "Whip comes down" all bets are off!!!........lol!!!)

I'm thinking about getting a set of 10.5 chromie replicas... and a set of inexpensive 335/35R17 street tires(not drag radials) so I can have at least... a little better .....grip on the streets.

I can get them even cheaper through my Tire Rack wholesale account at work... plus freight of course...

Being that I just bought new rims and tires, I don't want to be burning up a set a $1,500 tires anytime soon. The clutch and tires are keeping me off the throttle in the lower gears. Although, I did spin the tires in third at 80 mph on 290. That kinda freaked me out a little.

Triangle gave me two tunes. One has a little timing removed from it with an estimate of about 520-530 RWHP. That is what I have had loaded in the PCM since I drove it home. Once that gets boring and I get a clutch, I will upload the 553 RWHP tune.

jimmysidecarr
02-23-2007, 11:35 AM
Being that I just bought new rims and tires, I don't want to be burning up a set a $1,500 tires anytime soon. The clutch and tires are keeping me off the throttle in the lower gears. Although, I did spin the tires in third at 80 mph on 290. That kinda freaked me out a little. Triangle gave me two tunes. One has a little timing removed from it with an estimate of about 520-530 RWHP. That is what I have had loaded in the PCM since I drove it home. Once that gets boring and I get a clutch, I will upload the 553 RWHP tune.

Yes I think the days of going WOT and just ride it out are over... With that kind of power you are probably going to be just giving it what ever the tires will take from here on out.

Blowing the tires off.... from an 80 roll.. is some serious GRUNT!!!

texaswrx
02-27-2007, 10:24 AM

Jimmy, I assume you meant 315/35s, as I did not see a 335/17.

On a topic note, TSS looks nice, and I pass it when I head to Lake Charles. Thought about stopping to say hello one of these days.

jimmysidecarr
02-27-2007, 05:28 PM
Jimmy, I assume you meant 315/35s, as I did not see a 335/17.

On a topic note, TSS looks nice, and I pass it when I head to Lake Charles. Thought about stopping to say hello one of these days.

OOPS!!!!........... owned by the rushed typo!!!

Thanks .... yep 315 is what I meant :shtowned: :doh2: