PDA

View Full Version : Traction question

JROC
02-27-2007, 03:58 AM
I was wondering if anyone here has a problem getting traction in 3rd gear. My car hooks great in 3rd and I have a stock suspension(I think) running the same kind of Good Years that came stock on the car, but I've talked with several other people over the internet who have mostly stock Terminators that say they can not hook up in 3rd. I find it hard to believe that I have a pulleyed car and have to work to get my car to break in third and others running no more than a exhaust and CAI are calling third useless and saying they can't get any traction in it(BTW one of the people I talked to about this is running drag radials). I love my third and forth gears, they pull like a raped Ape. I've driven 2 other Terminators that were mostly stock and my car pulls considerable hard than them so I know my cars not down on power or anything.

This isn't a really big deal or anything, I was just wondering if anyone else running an unported Heaton was having traction problems in third gear. :dunno:

Big T
02-27-2007, 06:35 PM
Mine breaks loose in 1st and 2nd with no problem. Occassionally in 3rd when it is a cold morning. This is from cruising speed and flooring it at about 3500 rpms. Mabye they are talking about when they are running hard through the gears while racing. I think I am going to have some trouble soon since my whipple is almost done and I still have my original tires. :D

blk04cobra1
02-27-2007, 06:54 PM
try some springs and full length sub frame connectors...also some new tires...let me know if you have any other questions :thumbsup:

ausie
03-05-2007, 06:49 AM
I have not had any issues except when it is very cold out (low 20's) and I still have summer tires on the car (depends on the tire). :( I have already spun the rears without trying in 4th gear on the highway and it was not icy out either. Tires were just too cold to grip.

Sonic03inSC
03-06-2007, 05:30 PM
I can spin in 3rd @ 60mph when it's 50* or colder. I just put on 315 BFG KD's. I guess I'll go back to Nitto DR's, the KD's are not cutting it.