PDA

View Full Version : Official Poll for "10 Laps at VIR (Full Course)"

cobrabitn
03-08-2007, 01:01 AM
We are gauging interest for those of you that plan to attend the VIR event in June/July to see if you would be interested in running full course during the course of the weekend? (Right now we have south course on Saturday and Sunday)

Right now, we have Sunday confirmed where we can get the track reconfigured so we can run full course. I'm going to try and see if we can do this on Saturday instead so Saturday night we will have 1 hour of full course fun.

There are some conditions though...

1) The cost would be $45.00 per person/car and depending on your experience, car capabilities, and speed you can probably get 13 laps out of it but most likely not less than 10, hence "10 Laps at VIR" (full course). This fee is necessary because we are paying for "overtime" on the rental as well as having the VIR maintenance people to reconfigure the track, keep tow and medical personnel there, more corner workers, etc...

2) There will be two groups of thirty minutes so you are purchasing a half hour with your fee. This fee is in addition to the normal track weekend registration fee of:

$295.00/ Non-SCMC Member
$285.00/ SCMC members
$275.00/ 2007 CMP Attendees

After June 14, 2007, everyone pays $325.00 for the weekend.

3) The two groups will consist of all experienced in one group and newbies in the other group. Experienced will go first so they can have their session over and will be able to familiarize themselves with the track. We are doing this so we can have some instructors ride with the new students in the second half hour.

4) We need a minimum of 40 people to sign up and prepay and if we do not reach the number 40 then it's no dice. The maximum of people allowed to do this is 60, two groups of 30 cars.

If you definitely know you will be doing the "10 Laps at VIR" then please post here. Do not post if you are not 100% positive that you are going to do this as your fee will be non-refundable and will not be able to be applied to another event. (Your standard weekend fee is transferable though). The VIR forms will be going up by next week so you will be able to sign up on line for both parts then. If you do a hard copy check then you will have two separate registration forms for the event. Let's go have some full course fun!
:thumbsup:

100% Positive to run full course on our track rental weekend:

Garry Talbert - 1997 Rio Red SVT Cobra Coupe
Jim Boden - 1999 Rio Red SVT Cobra Coupe
Burke Dawson - 1997 Rio Red SVT Cobra Coupe
Mike Smith - 2003 Silver SVT Cobra Convertible
Vernon Banks - 2007 White Shelby GT 500
Tony Sorrentino - 1994 Rio Red SVT Cobra Coupe
Allen Mirse - 1996 Impala SS Maroon Sedan
Mike Monjot - 1996 Mystic SVT Cobra Coupe
Phil Saglimbene - 1993 Vibrant Red SVT Cobra Hatchback
Bobby Byrd - 1993 Vibrant Red SVT Cobra Hatchback
Woodard Jackson - 1993 Vibrant Red SVT Cobra "R" Hatchback
Jerry Duffey - 2003 Red 10th Anniversary SVT Cobra Coupe
George Ciamillio - 2007 Twin Turbo Porsche 977
Chris Anderson - 2005 Cadillac CTS
Mike Hipskind - 1998 BASF Extreme SVT Cobra Convertible
Peter Calvert - 2005 Silver Chevrolet Corvette Coupe
Michael Harrison - 2005 Yellow Chevrolet Corvette Coupe :thumbsup:
John Pearson- '06 Mustang GT

puzzle13
03-08-2007, 08:47 AM
Tony,

I am in for the extra session whether it is Saturday or Sunday. 30 minutes on the full course is well worth $45.00 as I already got to spend a weekend on the full course. :thumbsup:

Michael Smith

BTTBSS
03-08-2007, 09:35 PM
Tony:

I would definitely be up for a few laps on the full course. I am hoping to have the Taxi ready before then. The engine/tranny mods have taken longer than planned and I still need to get an oil cooler on the new motor. If that takes care of the oil temp problem, I will be ready to roll by the end of March.:thumbsup:

BTTBSS

TheSandman
03-09-2007, 12:42 AM
I'll pay the extra $45 to run full course.:bounce: Count me in.:D

03 cobra toy
03-09-2007, 11:08 PM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: I'm in :thumbsup:

VenomSVT
03-11-2007, 02:19 PM
I'm in too!!:thumbsup:

mojosvt
03-22-2007, 11:19 PM
Add another to the list!

psycho43142
03-25-2007, 09:55 PM
Another here also, don't which car I'll be bringing, all depends on if I get the Cobra back together in time and painted.

Chris

MGWLTD
05-21-2007, 01:47 PM
I Am In For The Full Course!!!!

Regards
George

BudMan
05-21-2007, 08:43 PM
Tony, sent my $45.00 in with the normal weekend fee but do not see my name on the full couse list, yet :( .... Jerry Duffey :bounce:

gfcobra
05-25-2007, 02:03 AM
If I'm going to drive all the way from Te<st1><st1:state w:st="on">xas</st1:state></st1> might as well get the whole experience I'm good for 10+ laps of the full course. :burnout:

NJ2000R
06-05-2007, 12:13 AM
mee too! :thumbsup:

johnbasf
06-09-2007, 06:36 PM
I'm in if this is a go!!!!!!

Teal Terminator
06-11-2007, 11:51 AM
I'm also in if it works out.

BillHyco
06-13-2007, 11:31 AM
definately pay 45 bucks for that.... prolly pay a lot more but nobody needs to know that :)

i don't have a Ford, that be ok???? I am registered with my little nissan.

Bill

BillHyco
06-15-2007, 05:40 PM
so any word or update on this????

valightning
06-16-2007, 03:27 PM
Lisa and I both would love to run the full course. Count us in.

Richard & Lisa Kelley

BudMan
06-19-2007, 09:11 AM
so any word or update on this????
Agree --- can we get an update?? Seems only 19-20 on the list I saw, any new added recently? Are we close to 40? Any alternatives if we don't get exactly 40? ;)

cobrabitn
06-19-2007, 10:07 PM
Here's the update...I cannot get them on the telephone but hopefully we'll know before the end of next week. Just bring a blank check with you and if they allow it, you can write it then. I hope we can get all of this ironed out so we know what we are doing before we get to the facility. I wish I could give you more information but I just don't have any to give. :( I don't think there will be a problem getting 40 people to commit to running full course that weekend. I think we are already there but I haven't updated the list for trying to take care of other club issues.

tomsgarage
06-19-2007, 10:11 PM
I will bring some extra cash with me, count me in if this gets put together!

BillHyco
06-20-2007, 02:01 PM
game on!!

Larry95
06-20-2007, 07:49 PM
I will bring some extra cash with me, count me in if this gets put together!I'll do the same. Put me on the list.

cobrabitn
06-21-2007, 12:21 AM
I called again today and talked to the track manager but he didn't get a return call to let me know one way or the other. He said he had to check with his maintenance guys to find out about logistics. The problem is Saturday, they can do it on Sunday because on Monday the Corvette group will be in there running full course but to have to set it up for full course on Saturday and then have to reset it is a PITA. I say, just bring $45.00 with you and if we can do it, great, if not then we'll have to try and get north/full course next year. There is no need on doing it on Sunday as most everyone will either be out of brakes, tired, or gone back toward their homes. It's Saturday night or bust and if it doesn't work out, we can always go karting! :thumbsup:

Full course does scare me a little because of newbies who aren't prepared to drive 155 mph as they may be biting off more then they can chew.

BTTBSS
06-21-2007, 05:37 PM
Tony;

If the full course run comes off, we all need some time to check pads and tires. Neither one last very long under track conditions. I had my brakes go totally away at Putnam Park Last year after a full course red left us sitting with no cool down. Two cracked rotors and brake fluid blown all over the engine compartment.

BTTBSS, just two tons o' fun.

cobrabitn
06-21-2007, 11:49 PM
If you are in group B then you should have time to check your pads prior to going out. Let's just hope they can do it for us. I really wanted a taste of the full course. :)

johnbasf
06-22-2007, 12:18 AM
Full course does scare me a little because of newbies who aren't prepared to drive 155 mph as they may be biting off more then they can chew.

If you don't hit 155 on south course you need to park it!!!!!! ;)

cobrabitn
06-22-2007, 12:20 AM
:rotf: I guess my car will be parked all day because I don't think it can attain that speed...maybe 125 or so... ;)

puzzle13
06-22-2007, 12:36 AM
Gee ... 155 or nothing? Wow, I didn't even hit 155 while running the full course. Hell, 140+ was enough for me, even though I could have gone higher. I think the speed that you want to achieve is all you need to chase. Not many were hitting 155. Most were hitting in the 120s. I don't know, but Tony ... can your car even make it to 125? :blast: I would hate to see it shake apart right there on the track. :spanked: :rotf:

johnbasf
06-22-2007, 01:27 AM
:rotf: I guess my car will be parked all day because I don't think it can attain that speed...maybe 125 or so... ;)

You can hang out with the newbies!!! :baby: :blast:

cobrabitn
06-22-2007, 08:09 AM
You may be surprised...don't bump a newbie till you know you can outrun and out drive them all. Besides, isn't your 06 GT pretty much stock? (260 rwhp? You won't be setting any speed records with that.) :D

BillHyco
06-22-2007, 08:47 AM
If you don't hit 155 on south course you need to park it!!!!!! ;)
haha, yeah that is pretty stout...i won't be hitting anywhere near that. South course for me usually is about 135 MAX!!! I have run it a few times and unless I come out of oak tree just perfect, 135 is about it for my little 6cyl by the time I reach the top of the hill. Full Course I may be able to pull a little more on the front straight but that means for some serious braking on a stock system in turn 1. Is it June 30th yet???:bounce:

Bill

johnbasf
06-22-2007, 11:27 AM
You may be surprised...don't bump a newbie till you know you can outrun and out drive them all. Besides, isn't your 06 GT pretty much stock? (260 rwhp? You won't be setting any speed records with that.) :D

What will surprise me Tony??? Yea my lowly GT is stock. The HP is the same as my 96 cobra. I hit 150+ with that car on the straight. I'm not bumping newbies, I'm bumping you. :D

cobrabitn
06-23-2007, 12:31 AM
Yes, you may have hit 150 in your 96 Mystic but that was probably on full course, not south, which has a shorter front straight. Secondly, your 96 was gutted so therefore it didn't weigh in as much as your new GT and that may be why you hit 150 mph. You won't be hitting 150 in your 06 as it is speed limited to 145 mph anyway and has full weight.

You won't be bumping me either because you don't have 300 at the rear wheels (most likely 240 if that) and will be at an extreme hp disadvantage/deficit. As for driving skill, if I can go through the kink at 125 mph side ways, you are the very least of my thoughts or worries out on the south course. :rotf: If I start, you will never see me again until I am coming up on you after one lap. If you start, just be cordial and give me the "pass by" signal when I go to go around you, I will appreciate it a lot.... :)

tomsgarage
06-23-2007, 08:57 AM
Hmmmmmm! Let the games begin!

johnbasf
06-23-2007, 11:59 AM
Yes, you may have hit 150 in your 96 Mystic but that was probably on full course, not south, which has a shorter front straight. .

You're an expert and you've never run either course!!!!! :rotf:

P.S. If you went sideways through the "kink" then you did something wrong. Maybe you need to put an instructor in the car and learn how to do it right. :D

puzzle13
06-23-2007, 07:29 PM
Yes, you may have hit 150 in your 96 Mystic but that was probably on full course, not south, which has a shorter front straight. Secondly, your 96 was gutted so therefore it didn't weigh in as much as your new GT and that may be why you hit 150 mph. You won't be hitting 150 in your 06 as it is speed limited to 145 mph anyway and has full weight.

You won't be bumping me either because you don't have 300 at the rear wheels (most likely 240 if that) and will be at an extreme hp disadvantage/deficit. As for driving skill, if I can go through the kink at 125 mph side ways, you are the very least of my thoughts or worries out on the south course. :rotf: If I start, you will never see me again until I am coming up on you after one lap. If you start, just be cordial and give me the "pass by" signal when I go to go around you, I will appreciate it a lot.... :)That speed through the kink keeps getting faster and faster every time you tell that story. At CMP it was only 110 and now it is up to 125. Well, sideways seems kind of dangerous anyway. As for the top speed ... if you don't come out of the Oak Tree turn correct you won't be hitting the top speeds anyway, but hell ... everyone will find that out when they drive the course for the first time. I just can't wait for the fun.

cobrabitn
06-23-2007, 10:58 PM
I'm getting old and can't remember. It was 110 I believe.. :)

BillHyco
06-25-2007, 09:17 AM
by kink, do you mean south bend??? if so there is no way you will see me thru there at 125mph. For one, prolly couldn't get up to that speed running only the south course. two, that is the most common turn for removing front facias and getting a good look at the ass of your vehicle as it slings you out through the grass in a dizzying and chaotic ritual of spins. Good luck with that 125, however :D . I'll watch from the pit wall.

Blown96Snake
06-25-2007, 05:58 PM
Does anyone know what the schedule is for this Saturday? I am trying to figure out how much sleep I'm not going to get Friday...4 days and counting!!! :thumbsup: :bounce:

Dave

cobrabitn
06-25-2007, 09:32 PM
Bill,

It's the back stretch at Carolina Motorsports Park not VIR south course. For some reason some people don't like CMP but I like it a lot. It can be tough on brakes but it has a cool sweeping turn on the back of the track. Don't pay these guys too much attention though...it's a prerequisite that I get ribbed before every event no matter what. :)

Dave,

You'll need to be ready to meet your student(s) at 7:30 a.m. for a 30 minute social time at the south tower.

Blown96Snake
06-26-2007, 11:33 AM
Dave,

You'll need to be ready to meet your student(s) at 7:30 a.m. for a 30 minute social time at the south tower.

Thanks Tony...you better not let me pass you...you'll have to stick to car shows if I do! ;)

See you guys soon. I'm bringing the Miata...

Dave

johnbasf
06-26-2007, 04:30 PM
Bill,

Don't pay these guys too much attention though...it's a prerequisite that I get ribbed before every event no matter what. :)

:rotf: I'll be up to 170mph by Saturday. :rotf:

puzzle13
06-26-2007, 05:30 PM
170 ... do you mean while you are sleeping?:D

BillHyco
06-26-2007, 05:43 PM
QUOTE]

:rotf: I'll be up to 170mph by Saturday. :rotf:[/QUOTE]

nobody mentioned about how deep the poo got in here before a big event :D
i love it.... but i'm not saying a thing. i'll be happy to keep up with anyone this weekend. turns no problem, straights i will be hurting. thank goodness we will be running south course.

did just order a new set of V710's for the weekend, however :thumbsup:

Bill

johnbasf
06-26-2007, 08:24 PM
170 ... do you mean while you are sleeping?:D

If you get around me and my eyes are closed, Look out!!!!!! :eek: :eek:

97whitevert
06-26-2007, 09:52 PM
Gotta love all the smack!!

I'll volunteer to hold the $$$ ! :D ToNY vs John~ my money's on JOhn!!:thumbsup::bounce::rotf::rotf::rotf:

peace out!

cobrabitn
06-26-2007, 09:55 PM
I don't think he'll have any problem getting around you, heck no one will... :rotf:

97whitevert
06-26-2007, 09:58 PM
OOOHHHH BIG talk- especially since I have only HALF the cylinders you do!:rolleyes::rotf:

cobrabitn
06-26-2007, 10:00 PM
I'll volunteer to hold the $$$ ! ToNY vs John~ my money's on JOhn!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

That above statement was for John but since you put your little self in that category..I guess the shoes fits. :D

97whitevert
06-26-2007, 10:03 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

That above statement was for John but since you put your little self in that category..I guess the shoes fits. :DSUUUURRRE it was :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :doubt: :doubt:

NJ2000R
06-26-2007, 11:19 PM
OOOHHHH BIG talk- especially since I have only HALF the cylinders you do!:rolleyes::rotf: butt....you'll have a good instructor ;)

johnbasf
06-27-2007, 03:41 AM
I'm not VS. anybody in my wife's car. :D :D

tomsgarage
06-27-2007, 09:35 AM
Just watch out for the Old Gray Car, just might sneak up on both of you!!! :D

BillHyco
06-27-2007, 10:33 AM
Just an FYI, I'm slow, don't run my ass over:thumbsup:

but more importantly, and the reason for this post. We will have the motorhome set up on the North paddock (b/c of electricity we are told), black mustang, blue Z, if anyone at all wants to come by and say hi we welcome everyone. After the day is over, bring a cooler, play some xbox 360, just chill in the AC, Sit outside and grill with us if we can find one. Just be me and a buddy up there, we welcome new friends, and definately some trash talking :).

Bill

97whitevert
06-27-2007, 03:00 PM
butt....you'll have a good instructor ;):thumbsup::bounce::thumbsup:

Blown96Snake
06-28-2007, 03:06 PM
Don't worry guys, I just got a new WINK mirror...I'll be able to see the snakes as they approach... :D

If the stars align, its not too humid, the ambient temperature stays below 90, if the new wax I bought is really "tested in a windtunnel" and my new trick 8mm spark plug wire are really worth .3275 hp.....then I will probably be putting 100 hp to the rear wheels... ;) See you guys Saturday morning!

Dave

97whitevert
06-28-2007, 07:31 PM
Don't worry guys, I just got a new WINK mirror...I'll be able to see the snakes as they approach... :D

If the stars align, its not too humid, the ambient temperature stays below 90, if the new wax I bought is really "tested in a windtunnel" and my new trick 8mm spark plug wire are really worth .3275 hp.....then I will probably be putting 100 hp to the rear wheels... ;) See you guys Saturday morning!

DaveWell, Dave- I will try my best to keep up with you in my 4cyl ;)

Blown96Snake
06-29-2007, 10:51 AM
Well, Dave- I will try my best to keep up with you in my 4cyl ;)

Unfortunately, mine doesn't even have a turbo...but it doesn't have a lot of other stuff either...2400lbs. :)

Dave