PDA

View Full Version : pistons/rods?

WVSNS&
03-09-2007, 07:10 PM
On the 01. Piston and rod replacements. Has anyone used any with good success? I wanted to use a forged slightly different piston to raise the compression. I thought it wise to try to find something that will work with the sleeve that is already there. I understand the aluminum by itself may be a risk better not taken. Any suggestions on acombo that might fit the bill?

john

blk04cobra1
03-10-2007, 01:45 AM
Are you wanting to stay N/A?

WVSNS&
03-10-2007, 07:25 AM
Forced to stay na for now. The wife lived through to svo mustangs that I had in the past. This is the price I now pay for that...no forced induction. However, on a good note the wife says I am not banned from the forced induction. I will be allowed to have another mustang w/forced induction when it is purchased new with the blower and a warranty. The car show here was fun...the dealer told her she could get the GT500 for sticker price. If I can get some things squared away soon, I will turn her loose on the dealer. I fully expect for the dealer to back out of the statement he made, but it will be amusing.

john

CJchronic
03-17-2007, 02:03 AM
Man, whats this the wife wont let me stuff:what: . What, does she pay the bills or something. If my wife told me that I would laugh in her face:rotf: . Grow some hair down there, put the pants back on, and slap a turbo on that thing!:burnout:

WVSNS&
03-17-2007, 11:11 AM
Anyone else who doesn't want to stay na? Figured if I had a na snake and then got a new one w/warranty and forced induction it would be fun. Seems that aot of people agree w/this idea. :cool:

john