PDA

View Full Version : Cant do a burnout?

fordgt50
03-15-2007, 12:42 PM
I have a 97 Cobra conv w/ less than 37k....and I came to a rolling start and put the car in 2nd gear and poped the clutch and goosed it and it wouldnt even do a burnout its like the car just bogged out and lost power. The only Mod to the car is cold air induction and everything else is stock. I had a 95 cobra before and it would smoke the tires off the car. Whats up with this.....can anybody give mw answer to why theres no power?:mad: :(

ggrab
03-16-2007, 11:53 AM
In my opinion - I would not expect a basically un-modified '97 to have enough power to do a 2nd gear burnout from a rolling start, especially if the car has good tires and the traction conditions are decent.

Now - if you had a decently steep set of gears and/or some more substantial engine mods - that would be a different story.

But, that's just my opinion.

blk04cobra1
03-16-2007, 02:10 PM
if you're close to Charlotte, we can show you how to light them up :bounce:

flynfink
03-16-2007, 10:58 PM
probably a troll..

gt50??

And if his 95 stock cobra would do a burnout from a rolling start, I'll buy him a beer.

geckorz
03-23-2007, 07:29 AM
I have a 97 Cobra conv w/ less than 37k....and I came to a rolling start and put the car in 2nd gear and poped the clutch and goosed it and it wouldnt even do a burnout its like the car just bogged out and lost power. The only Mod to the car is cold air induction and everything else is stock. I had a 95 cobra before and it would smoke the tires off the car. Whats up with this.....can anybody give mw answer to why theres no power?:mad: :(
Can you light em up in 1st from a dead stop? Like was posted, good traction + good tires = what I would want, you go faster at the track. My 2 cents.....:D