PDA

View Full Version : Stock 03 Cobra help

TommyA77
03-20-2007, 02:19 AM
Just got my 03 Cobra out on the streets again (stored for winter). I live in the Winston-Salem, North Carolina area, and want to find a good tuner. I got about 1k to play with this month and another 1k next month. I am not expecting to reach insane RWHP. I just want to blow some cocky LS1 guys off the road around here. Any suggestions would be nice. I heard the K&N FIPK with Borla exhaust would be nice.

Thanks,

Tommy

TheSandman
03-20-2007, 10:33 AM
Just got my 03 Cobra out on the streets again (stored for winter). I live in the Winston-Salem, North Carolina area, and want to find a good tuner. I got about 1k to play with this month and another 1k next month. I am not expecting to reach insane RWHP. I just want to blow some cocky LS1 guys off the road around here. Any suggestions would be nice. I heard the K&N FIPK with Borla exhaust would be nice.

Thanks,

TommyI use Pro-Dyno. They do a good job. Another is Amazon. They are near Greenville, SC. maybe a little far. Pro- dyno post on this forum. He operates around Charlotte. I live in Greensboro. Maybe we can run together sometime.

puzzle13
03-20-2007, 05:19 PM
Pro Dyno also!

TommyA77
03-20-2007, 05:46 PM
Yea I was having a hard time finding a place to tune it. Hope he will get on and tell me what to bring down to his shop. So the JLT CAI is better than the K&N FIPK, didnt know that. Hey Sandman it would be awesome to ride down there with ya soon. Just trying to find the most bang for the buck.

Thanks guys,
Tommy
P.S Cant decide between Steeda exhaust or SLP. Any suggestions would be nice.

RF Cobra
03-20-2007, 07:52 PM
Greetings neighbor! I live just outside Winston in Clemmons. Dan will do a good job for you. If you haven't already, go down to the vendor section of the boards and post in the Pro dyno section that you want to talk to him about a tune and he will get with you and answer all your questions.

If sound is what you are after the SLP will be louder than the Steeda.

What color is your Cobra?

mrpork
03-20-2007, 10:11 PM
DUDE GO TO PRO DYNO I DID AND I LIVE IN RHODE ISLAND THATS RIGHT RHODE ISLAND IF YOU WANT THE BEST CALL THEM SET UP A APPOINMENT. I PROMISE YOU WONT BE DISAPPOINTED.:thumbsup:

03slidewayzSVT
03-20-2007, 10:29 PM
http://www.carolinarides.com/forum/images/smilies/prodyno1.gifhttp://www.carolinarides.com/forum/images/smilies/prodyno1.gifhttp://www.carolinarides.com/forum/images/smilies/prodyno1.gifhttp://www.carolinarides.com/forum/images/smilies/prodyno1.gif I Can't say it any better!!!!:D

TommyA77
03-20-2007, 11:23 PM
Wow, thanks guys.

I love the quick response of this forum. To the guy in Clemmons mine is a black convert. Glad to see such support here. We should all get together and show off the rides local.

Thanks guys

Tommy

spincobra03
03-21-2007, 04:38 PM
times 1000 on pro dyno. IMO the best and you will learn alot about your car in the process. dan and rob are professional.
:)

spincobra03
03-21-2007, 04:39 PM
oh I forgot I live in BOSTON and these guys answer questions day and night, no one better

mrpork
03-21-2007, 08:33 PM
oh I forgot I live in BOSTON and these guys answer questions day and night, no one betterWHERE IN BOSTON DO YOU LIVE .DO YOU EVER HOOK UP WITH THE CLUB MEMBERS UP THIS WAY

spincobra03
03-21-2007, 09:02 PM
up near newburyport, I would really like to but I have never known of anyone around. Where is everyone????

spincobra03
03-21-2007, 09:05 PM
mrpork I saw your numbers 530 and 550 tourque I assume you have atleast a 6lbs lower and a ported eaton???

blk04cobra1
03-21-2007, 09:40 PM
We also offer custom dyno tuning...please feel free to PM with any questions. With the budget you're speaking about first, I would do a CAI, upper pulley swap, and a custom dyno tune...you can do all of that for $1000. Then, I'd add an exhaust and midpipe to add a little more power. If you're satisfied with the power you receive from the pulley and CAI, then i'd do a few suspension mods. Let me know if you have any other questions. We can get you a safe tune and the power to back it up :thumbsup:

mkkrs1
03-21-2007, 09:45 PM
do a K&N filter, catback, and an upper. With a tune will put you in the 450-460 rwhp range.

mrpork
03-21-2007, 10:44 PM
4LB AND YES IT IS PORTEDmrpork I saw your numbers 530 and 550 tourque I assume you have atleast a 6lbs lower and a ported eaton???