PDA

View Full Version : Whats your personal choice of exhaust

TommyA77
03-21-2007, 02:51 PM
Sorry for asking so many questions guys and gals, but I am new and want some advice. Trying to figure out what type of exhaust I want to run. I am looking at SLP Loudmouths with custom made xpipe. Just curious what peoples favortie exhaust are.

Thanks,

Tommy

spincobra03
03-21-2007, 04:47 PM
dude ask away people are very helpful on this site. I personally liked my magnaflow cat back but, what are you looking for? Deep and throaty or higher pitch? do you plan on doing from the cats back or a full exaust? either way H pipe is louder and X pipe allows more flow which drops back pressure from what im told. I would say if I do it again I will go real loud and go with Borla with catted H pipe, but maganflow borla and bassani are all good. there are different setups for what your looking for.

TommyA77
03-21-2007, 06:01 PM
I have heard the borla and slp up close. That SLP loudmouth is sick. Plus if I didnt want it full balls, I could swap out a softer one. So many choices.

Tommy

Mirage
03-21-2007, 06:39 PM
TommyA77~ I've been extremely pleased with Borla and have had no issues after I mounted the for four years now. Not to mention the sound it sends out when going under an over pass is awesome. :thumbsup:

mojosvt
03-21-2007, 07:29 PM
I ran a bassani catted x-pipe with SLP Loudmouth catback, and fricken LOVED it!!!!!! I thought it had a real nice rumble at idol but at wide oppen it absolutly screamed:eek:

blk04cobra1
03-21-2007, 09:41 PM
Bassani, without a doubt...but we're dealers for Bassani, MAC, Magnaflow, and Borla...just let me know if you have any more questions.

tazzracing1
03-21-2007, 11:36 PM
I'm running mac right now on the 03 and getting ready to put on magnaflow. I like the make but I got a deal I could not refuse. I had Borla in the 97 with the stock H-pipe and it sounded almost exotic and with an offroad h-pipe and it was very load behind the car and it had a really good sound inside. I could still have a nice conversation.

TommyA77
03-22-2007, 12:23 AM
been listing to the exhaust soundboard http://svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316340

I wish mine could sound like SnakeBite, but I am diggin SLP, it seems not many like SLP. Is there a reason why?

Tommy

mojosvt
03-22-2007, 03:06 PM
some think that they are too loud. It is all personaly preference. I don't think you could ever be too loud:thumbsup:

ausie
03-23-2007, 07:06 AM
I have the older SLP loudmouth cat-back which is not modular (resonators are welded in). Still have the stock H-pipe and have no plans on changing that out. If I had interest in an x pipe it would have to be bassani with high flow cats. The SLP is a bit quieter on the 04 Cobra than it was on my 01 Cobra.

Note: if you have a convertable, you may want to reconsider what type of cat-back you should get since many who have had SLP ended up changing to something a bit more quiet. If you have the Coup, you would probably think they are not loud enough. Funny what a little bit of steel, composit and insulation will do for changing the sound from the rear end.

blueblazes
03-23-2007, 02:05 PM
bassani is on my car and i <3 it

03whitecobra
03-24-2007, 03:36 PM
Bassani X and Flowmaster back

TommyA77
03-24-2007, 08:21 PM
Went ahead and got the SLP loudmouth's. I listend to all the clips and for me it is the sound I want to have. If it is to loud then I can switch to the loudmouth II mufflers. Once again thanks for all the replies.

Tommy

ausie
03-25-2007, 11:22 AM
Regardless of what cat-back you decide to go with (in your case the SLP) it will be extremely loud during the break in or seasoning period which may take a few weeks of dirving before it becomes very quiet. The sound will return but not as loud as it was once first installed. This is a fyi just in case you have not changed and exhaust before.

I bought the same SLP kit twice. One for my 01 and had to do it all over again for the 04. The 01 took about a month to season in. It was extremely loud during that period. It was worse with the 04 which was ear piercing loud but only took about two weeks of driving (to and from work) before I could tolerate it. After that, I barely hear it except when I am driving through town where there are many buildings or on the highway along side a concrete divider. Once the exhaust goes sighlent do not worry it will return in about a week or so at a more tolerable volume.

TommyA77
03-26-2007, 06:46 PM
Got slp catback system for 450 new couldnt pass on that. It should be on tomorrow. Once it is installed I will make some sounds clips if you guys want.

Thanks for all the advice.

Tommy

Cobraboy
03-28-2007, 10:12 AM
I am running Magnaflow catted-X with their catback also. I am very pleased with the combo.

scorpio
03-28-2007, 05:50 PM
slp loudmouth 2 and mac offroad h and i love the way it sounds.

TommyA77
03-28-2007, 08:52 PM
Got it put on today. OMG what a difference. I kept stock headers and h-pipe. My God what a sound. I suggest it to anyone who wants a nice low idel tone, and freakin insane WOT.

Tommy

scorpio
03-28-2007, 10:18 PM
put on an off road h and then hear it. crazy loud at WOT.

04SilverSnake
03-30-2007, 08:21 PM
I'm running a JBA EVOL system with 3" pipes. It has a good deep sound to it and have set of a few car alarms with them.

COMMANDER100
04-04-2007, 02:01 PM
I Have Jeggs Or/h Pipes With Flowmasters Single Chamber 40s 01 Cobra They Sound Great But They Are Loud ,butt Hey Its A Cobra!!

COMMANDER100
04-04-2007, 02:03 PM
Has Anyone Every Run 110 Octane, I Can Get This In My Area Just Like To Hear Some Feed Back , Thanks

ausie
04-05-2007, 07:23 AM
110 octane gasoline may contain lead. Before you use it make sure it is unleaded fuel. Since the fuel injected engine uses the primary O2 sensors (before cats) to regulate fuel delivery. O2 sensors are sensitive to chemicals found in fuel after it burns. Once leaded fuel burns, the lead content will damage the O2 sensors. If it is unleaded uses it all you want. You will not gain much unless you have a switch chip that will allow for leaner A/F ratios or advanced timming or in some cases more boost.