PDA

View Full Version : JLT vs K&N FIPK

TommyA77
03-27-2007, 02:16 AM
looking at stacks of boards and it appears JTL is about a 3 out of 5 choice. I know it makes more hp, but it seems the draw backs suck. cleaning the filter would be a pain, and someone said in another forum water getting the fillter. I am pretty sure I am going with fipk, but looking for suggestions :)

Tommy

JROC
03-27-2007, 03:32 AM
K&N ftw. Its whats on mine. Still the JLT will probably give you a little more HP.

TommyA77
03-27-2007, 10:15 AM
not one of those my hp has to be more than yours kind guys. I just heard from alot of people the pain they had installing the jlt and problems with it. I have alot of friends who run both, but for ease of everything I will go fipk for now.

GodStang
03-28-2007, 08:14 AM
Have a K&N FPIK on the F150 and a JLT on the Cobra. While the K&N is nice the JLT is just better all around. Looks better, more power, and it is not any harder to install than the next CAI to install. As far as puddles. You would have to drive through a puddle about 2-3 feet deep to have any problems with it and if you are in water that deep you got other problems.

scorpio
03-28-2007, 05:53 PM
i have the jlt cold air and love it. cleans up the engine bay, took me 3 hours to put on by my self( taking my time not to scratch it and cleaning along the way), and made a real good difference on my 01 cobra.