PDA

View Full Version : Book Report: Iron Fist, Lead Foot

Evilcartman
03-27-2007, 11:28 PM
Well, I just read this book and let me tell you, if you have an '03-04 you really should read it. If you don't own one, it is a very interesting story anyway. The book covers all the obstacles with the conception of the Terminator and answers so many questions that I had. Like, why not an Aluminum block? Why did SVT basically dissolve? What happened to the ’02 Cobra? Why did Coletti retire? It even talks about the sad closure of DAP and the history surrounding that place. It also reveals the one part on the production cars that have “Terminator” stamped onto them. I highly recommend this book and it really is easy reading.

Iron Fist, Lead Foot (http://www.ironfistleadfoot.com/ironfistleadfoot.html)

cobrabitn
03-27-2007, 11:40 PM
I read mine a few months back and I agree with you Keith! :thumbsup:

www.ironfistleadfoot.com

jimmysidecarr
03-28-2007, 11:48 AM
I have been meaning to get that book since I first heard of it.

Well I finally ordered it late last week...

Now you guys have got to go and stir it up and get me all wound up again!!!.............J/K

The anticipation is KILLING ME!!! :bounce:

Bingo13
03-28-2007, 03:38 PM
I read it, liked it, but it still does not answer the question as to why I sold my car. :D

97CasperCobra
03-28-2007, 03:47 PM
I read it, liked it, but it still does not answer the reason why I sold my car. :D

I'm sure Scott(sbc) is asking the same question....:D

Evilcartman
03-28-2007, 06:30 PM
Now that is funny.

jimmysidecarr
03-31-2007, 02:42 AM
AMAZING BOOK!!!

Got it tonight, sat down and started reading it.

AND COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN!!! I finished about an hour ago... reading and going back and forth to the galleries pages at the web site

One of my favorites is this one... there is a lot of horsepower waiting there.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v134/jimmysidecarr/Mystichrome%20SVT%20Cobra%202004/Terminatorengines.jpg

Highly recommend it for all Ford fans .... not just Terminator owners/lovers!!!

It very accurately conveys the building excitement as the car approached and entered production... and then proceeded to blow the press away with it's astounding(for a production car) capabilities.

I bought mine without ever driving one!!! The first time I drove one was mine after I paid for it!!! The power of the HYPE was incredible!

But it obviously wasn't all hype... right out of the box this car delivered the goods in SPADES!!!

Evilcartman
03-31-2007, 11:10 AM
AMAZING BOOK!!!

Got it tonight, sat down and started reading it.

AND COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN!!! I finished about an hour ago... reading and going back and forth to the galleries pages at the web site

One of my favorites is this one... there is a lot of horsepower waiting there.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v134/jimmysidecarr/Mystichrome%20SVT%20Cobra%202004/Terminatorengines.jpg

Highly recommend it for all Ford fans .... not just Terminator owners/lovers!!!

It very accurately conveys the building excitement as the car approached and entered production... and then proceeded to blow the press away with it's astounding(for a production car) capabilities.

I bought mine without ever driving one!!! The first time I drove one was mine after I paid for it!!! The power of the HYPE was incredible!

But it obviously wasn't all hype... right out of the box this car delivered the goods in SPADES!!!

I hear ya Jimmy. I put money down on mine in Feb. '02 before they even had the price list or the option list. A month later I went in a picked out the options. 3 months later I saw the first one, it was my father inlaws. Mine came a week after that.

cobrabitn
03-31-2007, 05:26 PM
That photo is every Cobra owner's dream! :rotf: