PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Test/Rebuild Superchargers in Houston?

SuperG
03-30-2007, 09:00 AM
I found instructions on rebuilding superchargers, specifically a Vortech, which I have...but I find it hard to believe no one around here performs this service.

Does anyone know of someone who does rebuild or flow test a supercharger? I think mine still leaks oil...

Twice Bitten
03-30-2007, 11:06 AM
A Vortech leaking, that is not possible. Chris Johnson, the owner of SCT swears they are the best and the the Prochargers, like the 1 they put on my '03 is a piece of crap. Prochargers are so bad that one of the supposedly 1 of the best tuners built me an engine, installed a Procharger on it and then could not tune it, after they had the car for a year.
So Gary, you need to look at something else at being the problem, because CJ of SCT says that Vortech's are the best and they do not have problems. :dunno:

SuperG
03-30-2007, 11:31 AM
A Vortech leaking, that is not possible. Chris Johnson, the owner of SCT swears they are the best and the the Prochargers, like the 1 they put on my '03 is a piece of crap. Prochargers are so bad that one of the supposedly 1 of the best tuners built me an engine, installed a Procharger on it and then could not tune it, after they had the car for a year.
So Gary, you need to look at something else at being the problem, because CJ of SCT says that Vortech's are the best and they do not have problems. :dunno:
Well, I had it rebuilt last year, because the previous owner may have starved it of oil...the bearings and seals were destroyed and was covered under warranty. Then (and now), I saw oil in the discharge piping into the TB and could not find a source. I then sent it back to Vortech and they rebuilt it under warranty again. Perhaps it's foolish to think they did not rebuild it correctly? On the otherhand, they wouldn't have rebuilt it of something wasn't wrong...So I am thinking the SC itself is the source...I wonder if its simply a shaft seal?

That's why I was wondering if anyone around here could bench test these things?