PDA

View Full Version : This sucks...

SSStang
03-31-2007, 10:42 AM
So I found out my problem I have been having... I changed my plugs last night and cylinder 1 had a lot of oil on the plug :( Im thinking that the piston rings are destroyed and just letting lots of oil past, which in turn is causing it to mis-fire and bog:(

So, now I have to get a new piston ring set... and find the time to do the work.

Lumpydogs
03-31-2007, 11:49 AM
That sucks but at least you didn't loose the engine.

I hope all works out well

blk04cobra1
03-31-2007, 05:51 PM
So I found out my problem I have been having... I changed my plugs last night and cylinder 1 had a lot of oil on the plug :( Im thinking that the piston rings are destroyed and just letting lots of oil past, which in turn is causing it to mis-fire and bog:(

So, now I have to get a new piston ring set... and find the time to do the work.
If you dont feel like doing the work, we can...just let me know :thumbsup:

angry1
04-02-2007, 12:00 PM
Amen to that! I just found out my 98 Cobra has a blown head gasket on the drivers side. I was quoted $1,700 to pull both heads off and get valve jobs on both. Does that sound like a ok price? Then I'm thinking since the heads are off, is there anything I should do to them performance wise. I'm sure that will add to the price. Then I'm thinking, since the exhaust manifolds are going to be off, should I put headers on? I could keep going and going.

blk04cobra1
04-02-2007, 03:33 PM
Amen to that! I just found out my 98 Cobra has a blown head gasket on the drivers side. I was quoted $1,700 to pull both heads off and get valve jobs on both. Does that sound like a ok price? Then I'm thinking since the heads are off, is there anything I should do to them performance wise. I'm sure that will add to the price. Then I'm thinking, since the exhaust manifolds are going to be off, should I put headers on? I could keep going and going.
That's a good price...like you're saying though, if you're going to do it, nows the time to do while they're out :thumbsup: