PDA

View Full Version : clutch shot again

03bloodredsnake
04-09-2007, 06:03 PM
well i put a ram clutch with a steel flywheeln about 5 months ago not even got about 2-3 track uses out of it.and now it just keep slippin i am so pissed cause the setup cost me over 500 dollars and it was a pain to do lying on your back.the guy at laurel mountain mustang sold me a quadrent also and i think this was the problem because everytime id go to the track make 3-4 passes the clutch would act up and start slipping then id have to adjust it and it would be fine for a while.now we adjusted it all it can go and it held for about one 40mph launch then started squealing again.if anybody can help me on this to fix this problem once and for all id appreciate it.i am at the end of my rope with this with little cash left after all the money i have sunk.also would a steeda cable and quadrent setup be any better i have a upr quadrent and it seems to be junk to me.or would the steeda just be pissin in the wind let me know thanks:thumbsup: :(

blk04cobra1
04-09-2007, 06:49 PM
wow, that's the first ive heard of a RAM clutch doing that...did you go with the "performance" or HD? I know the HD has lasted many with more power than you're pushing...be sure to take pics of the clutch when you pull it back out.

ausie
04-10-2007, 07:30 AM
Are you using the factory cable? I found that the firewall adjuster and the quad work best with the factory cable than an adjustable clutch cable. It is possible that you have too much tension on the clutch cable (or the cable is too short and not allowing the faceplate to rest on the clutch disk properly.) Squeeling is common for the factory TOB. If you replaced the TOB when you did the clutch, there is something else contributing. Check for wear marks on the guide tube. If it is made of aluminum (eary 03 cobras) that will cause the TOB to hang. I believe there was a tsb on the guide tube to replace the aluminum one with a steel unit.

Also, if the clutch is slipping, is there any trans fluid or oil comming out of the vent at the bottom of the bell housing? I had an input shaft seal leak (product of having the guide tube replaced) which lead to slipping. Had that replaced and have not had any problems. I have the UPR quad with fire wall adjuster. I have yet to have to adjust it since the clutch replacement last April (with the exception of to readjust it after the input shaft seal leak repair).

JROC
04-10-2007, 02:40 PM
Why don't you try a SPEC Stage 3+. I know that many Cobra owners are running them. :dunno:

InfamousSVT
04-11-2007, 03:45 AM
Or go with the DFX 26-spline set-up, cost a little more but you won't have any clutch slip :D

03bloodredsnake
04-15-2007, 08:31 PM
yeah i think im going to go with the dfx 26 spline.that better work.all i have on the car is the upr firewall adjuster with the stock cable

BadMoFo
04-18-2007, 03:23 PM
I have a friend and his ram hd didnt last him 500 miles. I went with the spec stage 3+ and love it. havent had the chance to try it at the track yet but hope that changes this fall.

VenomSVT
04-18-2007, 08:17 PM
+1 on the Spec Stage 3+!:thumbsup: