PDA

View Full Version : rotors/brakes

mrpork
04-10-2007, 09:13 PM
what are the best to use on a 04 cobra. also i want to cut down on the dust on the wheels.

sssvtcobra
04-11-2007, 03:51 AM
I have the hawk HPS pads and love them. No, noise and very little dust. I have slotted and drilled rotors also. But I'm still using the stock calipers. I didn't keep the stock one's on for very long, so I can't really do a comparison. But I can't complain about them in any way.

Just my 0.02

Hazman
04-11-2007, 06:25 AM
If you are not doing autocross or open track events I suggest you go with ceramic pads. The Raybestos QuietStop pads stop well, are quiet and the dust that is produced does not cling to your wheels.:thumbsup:

ausie
04-11-2007, 07:09 AM
I have been considering getting a complete set of DBA 4000 series rotors for my 04 (slotted but not cross drilled). I will have to do more digging before I get them. As for pads, not quite sure.... that will depend on if I have to change the brake lines. Since I do not autocross (yet) something good for the street will be fine.

puzzle13
04-11-2007, 08:39 AM
I have the Raybestos QuietStop pads for the street and they are as Hazman said ... stop good, very very quiet, and little to no dust. You can get them at a good price through www.rockauto.com .

blk04cobra1
04-11-2007, 01:25 PM
We've used quietstops on a few customer's cars and they seem to work well and the cost is reasonable. Also, I think the Baer Eradispeed Plus rotors look best, but do cost a lot ($1000 for the set). EBC green stuff pads work well also.

VenomSVT
04-11-2007, 03:57 PM
So far I'm liking my Hawk HPS pads, but have only had them for about 1 week. They do seem to have really good stopping power and not much brake dust so far. I will buying some racing pads before I hit VIR!!:thumbsup:

JROC
04-12-2007, 05:43 AM
I say a 2000 Cobra R kit is a very worthy upgrade,(and what I want on my car) especially for the price. :thumbsup:
http://www.buyfordracing.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=541

ausie
04-16-2007, 07:04 AM
I was at place I typically get my tires from. They had there new grand openning so I went to see what that was all about. That gave me a chance to talk to some owners and one of them has their own brake shop in Reading area. The type of rotors he had on his vehicle were from KVR. He seemed to rate them as a very good product and uses them on all of his vehicles.

I did look at tirerack and other places for rotors as well as the KVR web site.

http://kvrperformance.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=5&products_id=18743